Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Maybe they figure they don't need one with the Marriott dumpster fire?
marriott came out with their own promo: elites night faster, 2 night credit per night

they must have lost a ton of top tier elites
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
In typical Marriott dumpster fire fashion, many/most seem to have not received anything. And you have LT folks getting double night offers or the like...just stupid.

Come on Hyatt let's goooooooo!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:27 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BaconSF

marriott came out with their own promo: elites night faster, 2 night credit per night

they must have lost a ton of top tier elites
I understand this is targeted? The offer I got from Marriott was good until May 31, 2019. I decided to switch enough nights to Marriott to qualify for their 75-night level. I was already booked about 21 nights at Marriott during the promo period. I added 15 more nights over the next 4 months due to the promo. Now I need to decide whether it's worthwhile to add another 13 nights and hit their 100-night level. I'll still hit 100 nights on Hyatt before the year ends.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I understand this is targeted? The offer I got from Marriott was good until May 31, 2019. I decided to switch enough nights to Marriott to qualify for their 75-night level. I was already booked about 21 nights at Marriott during the promo period. I added 15 more nights over the next 4 months due to the promo. Now I need to decide whether it's worthwhile to add another 13 nights and hit their 100-night level. I'll still hit 100 nights on Hyatt before the year ends.
very little added benefits from 75 night to 100 night. If anything, the benefits depreciates dramatically from 50night onwards.

Hyatt on the other hand.. the globalist tier is the only worthwhile status
CloudCoder likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
New promo 2/15-3/31/19

My Concierge just emailed me this. I took out the web address she sent as it’s 404 for me. Maybe just premature?:

“I'm excited to announce that World of Hyatt is offering a special promotion, which I have now registered you for!

Starting with your second eligible stay in the Promotion Period, between February 15, 2019 – March 31, 2019, you can earn 1,000 Bonus Points for each qualifying night, which includes all Hyatt Hotels worldwide, participating M life Rewards destinations, and Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties.

Also, starting with the second eligible stay during the promotion, members will earn an additional 500 Bonus Points for each qualifying night at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels during the promotional period.

Full details can be found online at xxxxxxxxxxxx
, or let me know if you have any questions or need assistance in making any reservations.

Have a great day!”
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
My Concierge just emailed me this. I took out the web address she sent as it’s 404 for me. Maybe just premature?:

“I'm excited to announce that World of Hyatt is offering a special promotion, which I have now registered you for!

Starting with your second eligible stay in the Promotion Period, between February 15, 2019 – March 31, 2019, you can earn 1,000 Bonus Points for each qualifying night, which includes all Hyatt Hotels worldwide, participating M life Rewards destinations, and Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties.

Also, starting with the second eligible stay during the promotion, members will earn an additional 500 Bonus Points for each qualifying night at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels during the promotional period.

, or let me know if you have any questions or need assistance in making any reservations.

Have a great day!”
That stinks....it usually goes into April when I make my big trip to Asia.... now it ends March 31?!?! Or is that the registration period?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:15 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by elg26
That stinks....it usually goes into April when I make my big trip to Asia.... now it ends March 31?!?! Or is that the registration period?
that's the registration period - before 31 March. Stays count until Mid May.

but for me - promotion sucks, checked out yesterday 14th Feb (13 nights in total), won't stay at a Hyatt until June, i.e. after the promotion ends.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Here’s the link to the registration page:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ts-faster.html
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

Have a great day!”
So does this mean that beginning with my second stay I can essentially book category 1 HH and HP for 3500 points/night until 5/15? If so it looks like I’ll be staying at the Hyatt Place down the road a few nights over the next couple months.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am confused on how the "Stay" is defined - because it said
For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.

So a stay can be one night, or must be minimum 2 nights, and one night of the 2 nights stay can be a free night award?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 59Impala
that's the registration period - before 31 March. Stays count until Mid May.

but for me - promotion sucks, checked out yesterday 14th Feb (13 nights in total), won't stay at a Hyatt until June, i.e. after the promotion ends.
You don't get anything for the first stay so those nights wouldn't have helped you anyway.

It works out pretty well for me since I'm going to Hawaii next week (initial stay) and then I have a 3-country trip to Asia in March. I'm also planning some travel in April so I might get about 20k pts for this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
I am confused on how the "Stay" is defined - because it said
For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.

So a stay can be one night, or must be minimum 2 nights, and one night of the 2 nights stay can be a free night award?
You are quoting the definition of eligible night. It says nothing about stays (and definitely nothing about a 2 night minimum)

I would assume (though maybe I'm wrong) that an "eligible stay" is one where you either pay an eligible rate or redeem for a free night for at least one night of the stay.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
You are quoting the definition of eligible night. It says nothing about stays (and definitely nothing about a 2 night minimum)

I would assume (though maybe I'm wrong) that an "eligible stay" is one where you either pay an eligible rate or redeem for a free night for at least one night of the stay.
That is what I hope it is the case - it just sounds a bit too good to be true because if you happen to have some 8K properties that you actually need, you are getting a nice rebate of the point cost with this promo.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
That is what I hope it is the case - it just sounds a bit too good to be true because if you happen to have some 8K properties that you actually need, you are getting a nice rebate of the point cost with this promo.
Even better rebate for cat 1 HP or HH (30% rebate) I still don't think that's "too good to be true". 30% off is nice (no complaints!) but hardly the best deal I've ever seen.

Personally I tend to stay at cat 5s or 6s so I'm looking at more like a 4-5% rebate (which I'm also not complaining about).

I find it interesting that Hyatt likes to push their lower-end properties more than their high end ones. How about 5k pts per night for GH, PH, and Andaz? (In fairness they did have a 2x qual night at Andaz promo last year, which I unfortunately missed by a couple of days)

My question is, does a "free night award" include point redemptions, or only certificates? I have a 3-night points-only stay coming up next week -- I assume that this will be my "first stay" and everything after that will get me the bonus?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.