Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:42 pm

DP: Points from current collection promo for WOH cardholders posted a day shy of 2 wks from checkout.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Based on Q2's results released today, I wouldn't be expecting a lucrative promotion anytime soon.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Based on Q2's results released today, I wouldn't be expecting a lucrative promotion anytime soon.
- I think the major factor is not the past performance but rather future bookings and only Hyatt knows that.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- I think the major factor is not the past performance but rather future bookings and only Hyatt knows that.
Future Bookings are meaningless I’d hazard a guess that over the last 2 years Hyatt has a cancellation rate above 70%. (70% of bookings made have been cancelled is what I’m saying).

What matters it’s actual stays rather than bookings and hoping that those actually come through, especially with 95% of properties having a 24-72 hour cancellation period prior to the stay.
Illinwu likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Future Bookings are meaningless I’d hazard a guess that over the last 2 years Hyatt has a cancellation rate above 70%. (70% of bookings made have been cancelled is what I’m saying).
What matters it’s actual stays rather than bookings and hoping that those actually come through, especially with 95% of properties having a 24-72 hour cancellation period prior to the stay.
- Right, what I mean is the projected stays based on booking activity. That is easy to program as long as you have access to the historic data for booking and cancellation. Of course, over the last 5 years pandemic caused abnormal % of cancellations but hopefully we are getting back to per-pandemic statistics. The second quarter ended > 1 month ago and what is important is the current trend.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- Right, what I mean is the projected stays based on booking activity. That is easy to program as long as you have access to the historic data for booking and cancellation. Of course, over the last 5 years pandemic caused abnormal % of cancellations but hopefully we are getting back to per-pandemic statistics. The second quarter ended > 1 month ago and what is important is the current trend.

I would not expect normal activity and data until mid 2023.

Why?

1) The Pandemic

2) Peak/Off Peak - People are still learning the ins and outs of it, many people booked prospectively through I believe April 2023 was the latest you could book prior to its actual launch. So many people booked WAYYYYYY ahead in order to avoid potential peak pricing stays in many months all through April 2023.

3) Category Changes people booking prospectively to avoid negative impact of category changes.

4) The recently declared recession being made official which has many many chain reactions.

5) Very long cancellation windows.

All of these may cause massive fluctuations in bookings and may cause mass cancellations.

Which is why I don’t think you or Hyatt will get a good picture of any of the true data and outlook until about next summer at the earliest.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Current Hyatt Promotion Point of Order Public Service Announcement: Regarding Hyatt’s current AA miles promotion, reiterating (mainly for the unsuspecting) something that was discussed here 8-9 months ago. The way Hyatt chooses to display WOH points and AA miles is confusing and misleading. I was reminded a day or 2 ago when I was again confused (fortunately this time only momentarily ). It’s not a lot of miles but it’s important to anyone who closely tracks and/or monitors their FF points and miles and it’s enough to throw off spreadsheet numbers. And it’s quite annoying to the obsessive in me .

Using the numbers in the image below (WOH activity) as an example, actual earnings are 4,449 WOH points and 1,000 AA miles. “Stay Points earned” (top of image) and “Total Points / Miles” (bottom of image) are actually the total of WOH points plus AA miles. “AA Cities 1K Miles Offer” under “Points earned” is not WOH points earned, it is AA miles earned.

IMLE (IME + limited) the “AA Cities 1K Miles Offer” miles post to AA as “Hyatt Dual Accrual” on the same date as the other “Hyatt Dual Accrual” posting for the stay (1 mile per $ at Hyatt for eligible elites), on the first Tuesday (midday) after a Hyatt checkout of more than 3-4 days ago, second following Tuesday for checkouts on Sat/Sun/Mon.

(BTW FWIW, I still love the breakfast buffet at Hyatt Regency LAX which includes among other things: my favorite fruits (those which have been cut into bite sized pieces by someone else) every day, all the unsalty smoked salmon one can eat every day, all the tasty bacon one can eat every day, all the ingredients for healthy unsalted trail mix every day, and very friendly servers some of whom have been there for years and remember my ATF breakfast beverage (iced decaf coffee) from one stay to the next. Only gripes are regular yogurt (vice Greek) and bagels which aren’t nearly as tasty as NY bagels … but I guess that’s true for almost ALL other bagels, apparently has to do with the water !)

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Aug 14, 2022 at 12:30 pm Reason: second paragraph correction
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Current Hyatt Promotion Point of Order Public Service Announcement: Regarding Hyatt’s current AA miles promotion, reiterating (mainly for the unsuspecting) something that was discussed here 8-9 months ago. The way Hyatt chooses to display WOH points and AA miles is confusing and misleading. I was reminded a day or 2 ago when I was again confused (fortunately this time only momentarily ). It’s not a lot of miles but it’s important to anyone who closely tracks and/or monitors their FF points and miles and it’s enough to throw off spreadsheet numbers. And it’s quite annoying to the obsessive in me .

Using the numbers in the image below (WOH activity) as an example, actual earnings are 4,449 WOH points and 1,000 AA miles. “Stay Points earned” (top of image) is actually the total of WOH points plus AA miles, which is notated correctly (bottom of image) as “Total Points / Miles”. “AA Cities 1K Miles Offer” under “Points earned” is not WOH points earned, it is AA miles earned.
Yes, this is the standard for all of the AA promotions. It is confusing if you only look at the headline number.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
(Second paragraph of my post above #1432 was edited/corrected after it was quoted in post #1433, it is incorrect as written in the quote.)
Yes, this is the standard for all of the AA promotions...
Agreed, still a potential point of confusion for a WOH and/or AA nugget*.

…confusing if you only look at the headline number.
It’s confusing/misleading in several ways:
- the headline (presumably “Stay Points earned”) number (implies WOH points but is in fact WOH points plus AA miles),
- “AA Cities 1K Miles Offer” under “Points earned” (implies WOH points earned but is in fact AA miles earned),
- “Total Points / Miles” (implies total WOH points but is in fact WOH points plus AA miles),
- “Total Points / Miles” (implies also a sum of individual point and mile postings but there’s no other posting clearly listed as miles).

(*: Nugget - brand-new naval aviator just received wings of gold currently in advanced flight training OR first-tour naval aviator OR “FNG”.)

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Aug 14, 2022 at 12:39 pm Reason: clarification
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
Any datapoints on using the ESSENTIAL rate as a non healthcare worker, but as another qualifying category based on the quoted rate rules? E.g. as state/federal employee. From the email reservation confirmation, the following are stated, which leave the impression this is a healthcare worker rate.
Type of Rate: ESSENTIAL TRAVELER RATE
Rate Information:VALID FOR: Healthcare Professionals Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit.
The "Rate Information" for this specific rate seems to vary. Most I've seen have used much broader descriptions of what constitutes an "essential traveller".
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New Bonus Journeys - can't believe it. Basically, double points.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...o-Ways-to-Earn

Not the strongest, but it's something. Register by November 15

• Double Points: Members can earn double points on qualifying stays of two (2) or more nights at over 1,100 participating Hyatt hotels globally, including MGM Resort destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) hotels and Lindblad Expeditions for stays completed between September 15 and December 20, 2022.
  • Nights Count Double: Along with Double Points, for the first time, each Tier-Qualifying Night completed on eligible stays at more than 65 participating Inclusive Collection properties in the Americas will count as two nights toward World of Hyatt status instead of one for stays completed between September 15 and December 20, 2022. Members can experience one of the world’s largest portfolios of all-inclusive resort brands and take advantage of Bonus Journeys in destinations such as Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, the Caribbean and more.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
New Bonus Journeys - can't believe it. Basically, double points.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...o-Ways-to-Earn

Not the strongest, but it's something. Register by November 15
Ugh, the double nights is only at all-inclusive properties - got excited for no reason. Double points is better than nothing, but I can't see myself changing my one-night stays to two-night stays. Would rather see more hotels than trying to optimize for a promo.

Oh, well, I'm sure some will be excited.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:45 am

is it safe(er) to say this is it for promotions for 2022 now?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Bonus Journeys is back.

With the return of the World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys offer, members can double their earnings and make the most of their upcoming stays through the end of the year. Starting today through November 15, 2022, World of Hyatt members can register for Bonus Journeys to maximize earnings in two ways:

• Double Points: Members can earn double points on qualifying stays of two (2) or more nights at over 1,100 participating Hyatt hotels globally, including MGM Resort destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) hotels and Lindblad Expeditions for stays completed between September 15 and December 20, 2022.
  • Nights Count Double: Along with Double Points, for the first time, each Tier-Qualifying Night completed on eligible stays at more than 65 participating Inclusive Collection properties in the Americas will count as two nights toward World of Hyatt status instead of one for stays completed between September 15 and December 20, 2022. Members can experience one of the world’s largest portfolios of all-inclusive resort brands and take advantage of Bonus Journeys in destinations such as Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, the Caribbean and more.
https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124276
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:04 am

I’m pleasantly surprised they’re running a double points promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.