Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Firewind
oc2005 @82, or anyone, what's the 10% off of? I can't seem to get to that. And so as not to clog this up, I'm happy to wait for the certain answer. Thank you.
It's 10% off of the Hyatt daily rate; which is the same that the AAA BREAKF rate is discounted off of currently. So for Diamonds, COSTCO (or AARP) is much better than AAA right now. The same 10% off Hyatt daily rate, free Diamond breakfast, plus $25 per day credit.

I've already rebooked most of my cancellable stays with this new COSTCO rate and have stayed one night at the AVIA LB using this COSTCO promo. They told me I could use it for anything I wanted (parking, food, etc.).

One important note about the COSTCO rate though in case you haven't booked it in the past - you need to use that link I posted which has both the code COSTCO and some numeric code for the right COSTCO promo to show up (Offer code COSTCO, Group # 66267 I think). This is because there are two separate COSTCO promos. There is a Costco rate called "Costco Standard" that only gives you the 10% off, and a separate promo called "Costco Member Promotion" that gives you the 10% plus $25 per night credit (up to $100 or $125 depending on the property, with some exclusions). Make sure it says "Costco Member Promotion" when you are booking your room and also to click on rate details which should mention you are getting the $25 credit, otherwise it may be the wrong COSTCO promotion.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by seaduck79
How does the $25 daily credit work? Is it cumulative, giving me $250 to "spend" over 10 days, or do you have to use $25 on a given day or lose it?

And I am fully aware that $25 doesn't buy much. I'm figuring on a nice dinner every other night, and maybe a PPV movie or two.
At least for AVIA LB they told me it's a cumulative total off of anything at all I spend over my stay (like food, parking, etc.); but I'd check at check in to verify since each property may handle it differently. Also, you are capped at either $100 or $125 depending on the type of property per stay (and it's not valid at Park Hyatt's and Summerfield Suites). One thing that's not clear is if this cap is per room or total (i.e. if you have 3 rooms for the same 4 nights, do you get the credit for all 3 rooms or just up to the cap).

Here is what the terms said for the Avia LB:

Rate Description:
COSTCO MEMBER PROMOTION 10pct Off the Hyatt Daily Rate plus a $25 daily stay credit up to 100.00 USD Maximum towards eligible charges posted to the room bill. Credit not eligible on room rate, taxes, gratuities, alcohol, service charges or resort fees. - Valid 14NOV11-29FEB12 - Tax Excluded Rate is extended to members of Costco. Guest must present their Costco membership card at check-in.

Last edited by oc2005; Nov 20, 2011 at 11:52 pm
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by oc2005
Hope this helps!
You betcha! Thank you very much. I was going to go on about how much I don't know about the Costco rates in my last comment, but who would care, and I didn't want to embarrass myself . You've answered all the questions I had.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
It's 10% off of the Hyatt daily rate; which is the same that the AAA BREAKF rate is discounted off of currently. So for Diamonds, COSTCO (or AARP) is much better than AAA right now. The same 10% off Hyatt daily rate, free Diamond breakfast, plus $25 per day credit.

I've already rebooked most of my cancellable stays with this new COSTCO rate and have stayed one night at the AVIA LB using this COSTCO promo. They told me I could use it for anything I wanted (parking, food, etc.).

One important note about the COSTCO rate though in case you haven't booked it in the past - you need to use that link I posted which has both the code COSTCO and some numeric code for the right COSTCO promo to show up (Offer code COSTCO, Group # 66267 I think). This is because there are two separate COSTCO promos. There is a Costco rate called "Costco Standard" that only gives you the 10% off, and a separate promo called "Costco Member Promotion" that gives you the 10% plus $25 per night credit (up to $100 or $125 depending on the property, with some exclusions). Make sure it says "Costco Member Promotion" when you are booking your room and also to click on rate details which should mention you are getting the $25 credit, otherwise it may be the wrong COSTCO promotion.

Hope this helps!

At least for AVIA LB they told me it's a cumulative total off of anything at all I spend over my stay (like food, parking, etc.); but I'd check at check in to verify since each property may handle it differently. Also, you are capped at either $100 or $125 depending on the type of property per stay (and it's not valid at Park Hyatt's and Summerfield Suites). One thing that's not clear is if this cap is per room or total (i.e. if you have 3 rooms for the same 4 nights, do you get the credit for all 3 rooms or just up to the cap).

Here is what the terms said for the Avia LB:

Rate Description:
COSTCO MEMBER PROMOTION 10pct Off the Hyatt Daily Rate plus a $25 daily stay credit up to 100.00 USD Maximum towards eligible charges posted to the room bill. Credit not eligible on room rate, taxes, gratuities, alcohol, service charges or resort fees. - Valid 14NOV11-29FEB12 - Tax Excluded Rate is extended to members of Costco. Guest must present their Costco membership card at check-in.
The AARP rate has no maximum. It's $25/day, and I was told tonight that it's cumulative, i.e. I don't have to spend $25 each day or lose it. Realistically, I can only use it for dinner, but that's ok. Throw in the free DM breakfast, and that $73 rate (Fair Lakes) is better than any cheap place in town.

Last edited by seaduck79; Nov 21, 2011 at 6:17 pm
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
So what are the actual dates of this promotion?!

Got an email today about the WELCRE promotion which offers a credit for food and beverage for minimum 2-night stays at various properties. The email says the promo is good through to the end of February 2012, but when looking at the details of the program it appears to run from July 2011 through December 2011. So what are the actual dates of this promotion?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriott Gold
$183 & up -- Japan Hyatts on Sale; 50% Off Every 2nd Night

Stay:04 Dec 2011 - 29 Feb 2012 Buy 1 night and save 50% for the 2nd night at any participating hotel in Japan with a late checkout until 2pm (exclusive to Travelzoo subscribers).

For reservations, book online or call 800 233 1234 and be sure to request Offer Code JPN50.

Note: Rates will be displayed/confirmed in full amount and 50% off second night will be deducted at time of checkout.

Participating Hotels:
Park Hyatt Tokyo
Grand Hyatt Tokyo
Hyatt Regency Tokyo
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hyatt Regency Osaka
Grand Hyatt Fukuoka

Book by Dec. 27
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:05 am

Thanks oc2005; great info and details!

One important note about the COSTCO rate though in case you haven't booked it in the past - you need to use that link...
Found a shortcut, I think -- jumps to the Hyatt website for booking that offer: http://www.hyatt.com/costco Also, links to T&C and (long) list of participating properties on that page as well.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Is there some reason that this COSTCO promo doesn't have its own thread? I was told about it by some lady who was checking out next to me today and I just came home and looked it up on google.

Now I admit that not every promo code should have its own thread, but this one's a pretty big deal. In fact its probably the biggest promo going on right now. I come on this site fairly often, but usually just for a quick look for new threads that are announcing big promos or other big news stuff. I missed this one here hidden in this "current promotions and some expired ones" thread and I'm sure some others have also.

Looking back to the start date, I'd say I've already missed out on a few hundred bucks, so while I may be way behind the power curve on this one, I think it should have had a separate thread from the beginning.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:31 pm

It's NOT just a Costco rate

The Costco rate cited above isn't just a Costco rate. It's also an AARP rate.

The Costco rate is
http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/offers/in...p?accid=costco

The AARP rate is
http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/offers/index.jsp?accid=aarp
Old Dec 19, 2011, 5:07 pm

Another 48 Hour Sale....

Got an email from the Hyatt Regency Monterey. It appears as if this will be every 3rd Tuesday and Wednesday for the foreseeable future. This observation is only from the last couple months though.

Not quite as good as Starpicks as the dates are generally farther out making nonrefundable rates that much more unattractive but hopefully this is going to be "permanently" regular.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Amarante
Got an email from the Hyatt Regency Monterey. It appears as if this will be every 3rd Tuesday and Wednesday for the foreseeable future. This observation is only from the last couple months though.

Not quite as good as Starpicks as the dates are generally farther out making nonrefundable rates that much more unattractive but hopefully this is going to be "permanently" regular.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...2-20-21-a.html for more details.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by peteropny
You can only add 1 online - but CS can add 1 or 2 more - I wouldn't bother with Gx bonus though since having that in the reservation means nothing - just ask that it be added at check-in/out
Good to know. I checked the link given below and it seems Hz promo is valid for the property I m gonna stay since today evening..my booking is already done earlier and will ask them to add this promo during chk-in..^
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Does anyone know if there is a Q1 promotion for Diamond members at Hyatt? Link anyone?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:39 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkmontoya
Does anyone know if there is a Q1 promotion for Diamond members at Hyatt? Link anyone?
Hyatt has never done a promotion for Diamonds only. Also, Hyatt promotions do not coordinate with traditional quarters - they run promotions whenever they see fit. If there is any "significant" promo, I'm sure it would be discussed in the forum and a link to that thread will be posted in the first post of this thread.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:59 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hyatt Cancun

nice promo at the Hyatt Cancun.

Upon checkin we were handed a card which states that for every $100 credit (or 150, 200, up to 250) in upfront Food & Beverage we purchased, the Hyatt Cancun would double the credit. We were quite pleased with this promo, it goes until Nov 20, 2012.

The credit only applies to food & bev, tips can not be paid by the credit.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
nice promo at the Hyatt Cancun.

Upon checkin we were handed a card which states that for every $100 credit (or 150, 200, up to 250) in upfront Food & Beverage we purchased, the Hyatt Cancun would double the credit. We were quite pleased with this promo, it goes until Nov 20, 2012.
Was it good immediately on that stay?

Do you think it was specific to that property, or is it a broader promo by Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.