Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Old Dec 9, 21, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stewie Mac
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA/APAC promo, 1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html
Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Old Sep 11, 20, 1:49 am
  #826  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,125
Originally Posted by lsquare
I agree. I think redeeming them for Cat 1s is probably the way forward. India apparently have some of these properties so that's something for me to consider. This is crazy because I could have swear I read somewhere in the past that Hyatt had something similar to Marriott and Hilton where if I redeem points for a 4 or 5 night stay, I'll get one free. I was planning to use it for that purpose.
Haha, Ive never heard that about Hyatt. I was shocked when I tried the first time, but accepted it. But with the 25% back it is essentially Stay 4 Get the 5th Free on Points (actually a little bit better as you get the rebate on the 5th night as well!).

I wouldnt count on India as Covid is pretty bad there AFAIK.
lsquare likes this.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 7:45 am
  #827  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 100,082
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Haha, Ive never heard that about Hyatt. I was shocked when I tried the first time, but accepted it. But with the 25% back it is essentially Stay 4 Get the 5th Free on Points (actually a little bit better as you get the rebate on the 5th night as well!).

I wouldnt count on India as Covid is pretty bad there AFAIK.
Remember that you also get the rebate for shorter point stays and for point stays that aren't some multiple of five days. Stay nine and get a 25% rebate is much better than stay eight and get one night (the fifth one) free.
beltway and lsquare like this.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 1:00 pm
  #828  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,125
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Remember that you also get the rebate for shorter point stays and for point stays that aren't some multiple of five days. Stay nine and get a 25% rebate is much better than stay eight and get one night (the fifth one) free.
I thought that was obvious
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 1:59 pm
  #829  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 18,066
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Remember that you also get the rebate for shorter point stays and for point stays that aren't some multiple of five days. Stay nine and get a 25% rebate is much better than stay eight and get one night (the fifth one) free.
What are you planning to do then? I think for my situation as stated before and combined with a B3G1NF offer, paying cash seems unbeatable to me.
lsquare is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 2:00 pm
  #830  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 18,066
Will Hyatt make it easy to keep track of the nights that will rollover into 2021 so that I won't get that confused with nights I earned from my Chase Hyatt card?
lsquare is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 4:01 pm
  #831  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 9,553
Originally Posted by lsquare
Will Hyatt make it easy to keep track of the nights that will rollover into 2021 so that I won't get that confused with nights I earned from my Chase Hyatt card?
I assume that the rollover nights just won't show anywhere at all until early 2021.
lsquare likes this.
josephstern is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 4:06 pm
  #832  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 18,066
Is it safe to make speculative booking right now even though registration for the rollover EQN offer isn't active yet? I want to take advantage of some of the promotions like pay 3 get 1 free offers. I hope all reservations made before registration will qualify. Sucks that Hyatt won't activate the offer until October 1st.
lsquare is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 5:06 pm
  #833  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 421
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is it safe to make speculative booking right now even though registration for the rollover EQN offer isn't active yet? I want to take advantage of some of the promotions like pay 3 get 1 free offers. I hope all reservations made before registration will qualify. Sucks that Hyatt won't activate the offer until October 1st.
Yes, you will be fine. I registered for the free nights promotion a day after I checked out and still got the points back.
lsquare likes this.
Tonyr4 is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 5:33 pm
  #834  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 9,553
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is it safe to make speculative booking right now even though registration for the rollover EQN offer isn't active yet? I want to take advantage of some of the promotions like pay 3 get 1 free offers. I hope all reservations made before registration will qualify. Sucks that Hyatt won't activate the offer until October 1st.
I believe that every Hyatt promo I've ever seen includes already-booked reservations.
lsquare likes this.
josephstern is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 5:44 pm
  #835  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 18,066
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
Yes, you will be fine. I registered for the free nights promotion a day after I checked out and still got the points back.
Originally Posted by josephstern
I believe that every Hyatt promo I've ever seen includes already-booked reservations.
That's good to know. I think there's also a 48 hour cancellation policy in effect? I think this is going to help me get the lowest possible price for my stays.
lsquare is offline  
Old Sep 12, 20, 10:56 pm
  #836  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: MSP
Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Posts: 12,093
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Haha, Ive never heard that about Hyatt. I was shocked when I tried the first time, but accepted it. But with the 25% back it is essentially Stay 4 Get the 5th Free on Points (actually a little bit better as you get the rebate on the 5th night as well!).
25% back is getting the 4th night free, not the 5th (and better if your stay isn't a multiple of 4).
lsquare likes this.
sethb is offline  
Old Sep 12, 20, 11:32 pm
  #837  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,125
Originally Posted by sethb
25% back is getting the 4th night free, not the 5th (and better if your stay isn't a multiple of 4).
Thats exactly what Im saying, that the 25% is better than Hiltons 5th Night Free.

If you stay a total of 5 nights with a 25% Rebate you would receive the total of 125% of 1 Nights Cost back.

Heres the breakdown (well do a Cat 2) -

Night 1 - 8k Cost - 2k Back (25%)

Night 2 - 8k Cost - 2k Back

Night 3 - 8k Cost - 2k Back

Night 4 - 8k Cost - 2k Back

Night 5 - 8k Cost - 2k Back

Total Cost After Rebates - 30k Points

If you had a Stay 4 Get the 5th Free it would be a Total Cost of 32k Points After Rebates. Meaning the 25% is better than a Stay 4 Get the 5th Night Free, not equal.
lsquare likes this.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Sep 13, 20, 6:51 pm
  #838  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RIC
Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,739
Originally Posted by lsquare
That's good to know. I think there's also a 48 hour cancellation policy in effect? I think this is going to help me get the lowest possible price for my stays.
Most reservations Ive made had 24 hr cancellation.
lsquare likes this.
CIT85 is offline  
Old Sep 14, 20, 4:13 pm
  #839  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Posts: 281
Does anyone here has any experience how long it takes to get the 15% or 25% of the redeemed points back? After not getting anything back one week after check out I enquired at Hyatt via Twitter how long it might take. The answer was 4 to 8 weeks. Seems rather excessive.
shonanroger is offline  
Old Sep 14, 20, 4:15 pm
  #840  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 4,125
Originally Posted by shonanroger
Does anyone here has any experience how long it takes to get the 15% or 25% of the redeemed points back? After not getting anything back one week after check out I enquired at Hyatt via Twitter how long it might take. The answer was 4 to 8 weeks. Seems rather excessive.
Got 15% after 3 days seems to take 10-14 days is what people on here say.
Matt4200 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.