Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Lake Mary Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: After years in the desert now e50k

I just completed a 3 day stay at this Hyatt Place. It was my first stay at this sub chain.

The hotel is about 15 miles north of Downtown Orlando just off of the I-4.

It is a fairly new hotel having opened within the last year. Very clean with large rooms. In the past (within the last year) when in Orlando I have stayed at the Bohemian downtown (which I don't really like owing to its lightless modern bordello decor scheme) and the Courtyard Marriott in Maitland (aging, simple and dull). This Hyatt Place was definitely more to my liking although in a completely different class as the other Hyatts I have stayed in.

From the other reviews of Hyatt Places elsewhere it appears to follow the same formula for its rooms. Clean modern design with most of the space devoted to the living and sleeping areas (separated by a floor to ceiling screen wall). There is a small section off the living area containing a bar fridge/drawer combination and a work desk. At this hotel both the wifi and the wired internet were free. There is a panel beside the desk that allows you to hook up your computer or other input devices to the large flat screen TV. This TV can be viewed from either the living or sleeping area.

My room had a very comfortable king bed in the sleeping area. For some reason the blackout blinds had been cut to fit the window exactly so in the early morning a fair amount of light came through around the edges. The room was quiet. Didn't hear any noise from other rooms or from the outside.

Off of the sleeping area is the bathroom and closet. The closet is tiny and hard to access and the bathroom contains only a toilet and shower, the sink is outside. I was pleasantly surprised to see the same toiletries (portico) as in the Hyatt Regency brand.

The room rate comes with a free continental breakfast (toast, bagels, fruit, cereal, juices, and tea/coffee) in a buffet style. The common areas were also very clean, accessible and spacious. There is a 24 hour kitchen available for hot items as well but I didn't try it.

I used the gym which is small (2 treadmills etc.) but well equipped with the latest from lifefitness. It is often a beef with me that the hotel gyms are cramped and under air conditioned but I didn't feel that way here (case in point is the Hyatt Regency at the airport which I also stayed at). The pool outside was tiny and has a hot tub.

Staff was pleasant but not extremely knowledgeable. I checked in late and the desk did not know what I was talking about when I said I would rather have miles credited rather than points. When I checked out another person had some real difficulty trying to remove an incorrect charge on my room.

I didn't really notice if there were any perks to my platinum status (pretty sure the room was standard although on the top, 4th floor).

Will stay there again.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Any updates?

OP mentioned there was a tiny pool. I assume there are lounge chairs? Is the pool/pool area clean?

Is parking free?

Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:08 am

Parking is free. Very much like all other HPs, except the breakfast was worse, bagels were stale on two separate occasions. To their credit, manager conacted me by email promising to correct problems.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tinnub
Parking is free. Very much like all other HPs, except the breakfast was worse, bagels were stale on two separate occasions. To their credit, manager conacted me by email promising to correct problems.
Thank you. Decent pool? Clean area/chairs/pool?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Thank you. Decent pool? Clean area/chairs/pool?
Didn't use pool, but nothing jumped out as to color of water or dirt. IIRC pool is relatively small. This hotel is just off I-4 and not really near ay of the the "worlds", but it is close to AAA headquarters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.