Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Tucson/Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2008, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Any comments?

Are the bedrooms pretty soundproof (from the living room area)?

Also does goldpassport elite status match? fax #? I will be staying at that property very often for business.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 6:39 pm

They do. But they stress it's a 'once in a lifetime' deal. fax # is 402 592 6454
Old Jan 9, 2008, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by vickh
Any comments?

Are the bedrooms pretty soundproof (from the living room area)?
No, there is just a very short wall that does not close off the bedroom from the living room.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 8:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by vickh
Also does goldpassport elite status match? fax #? I will be staying at that property very often for business.
However, the only benefit to being a Diamond at HP properties is somewhat more points (3 points per dollar and 500 bonus points) so it might not be that great a plan to do a status match. Be sure to signup for the 2500 bonus points per stay - and the double stay credit offers that are currently running.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:56 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Tier Match

Dear FlyerTalk Members:

As I reviewed this thread I found there are some questions of how to request a tier match. Please complete the following process. Please, fax a copy of your current statement showing your Platinum or Diamond status with either Marriott, Hilton, Starwood or Priority Club that reflects either 10 stays or 30 nights (within the last 12 months) with the competitor. Please, attention the fax to the Gold Passport Supervisor and reference a tier match. Please be sure to provide the complete statement as the summary is not sufficient. Then, allow approximately 7 to 10 business days for the process to be completed. Unfortunately, if you are to use the fax number provided in post number two (2), there is an added processing time as these documents are redirected to another area in the department for later distribution.

Thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
Old Sep 26, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
what is the correct fax number for the status match??

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members:

As I reviewed this thread I found there are some questions of how to request a tier match. Please complete the following process. Please, fax a copy of your current statement showing your Platinum or Diamond status with either Marriott, Hilton, Starwood or Priority Club that reflects either 10 stays or 30 nights (within the last 12 months) with the competitor. Please, attention the fax to the Gold Passport Supervisor and reference a tier match. Please be sure to provide the complete statement as the summary is not sufficient. Then, allow approximately 7 to 10 business days for the process to be completed. Unfortunately, if you are to use the fax number provided in post number two (2), there is an added processing time as these documents are redirected to another area in the department for later distribution.

Thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:59 am

Any recent stays here? Comments on anything other than soundproofing? Fitness Center?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
aren't all these Hy Pl all the same

they all look and feel the same to me

which is good and bad
Old Jul 2, 2009, 7:47 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
JoeBagodonuts is correct, this HP is like every other standard HP I have ever seen. No difference, all similar in layout and style.

This one is out by the airport, so you have to drive a bit to get back into Old Pueblo proper.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts
aren't all these Hy Pl all the same

they all look and feel the same to me

which is good and bad
Based on the 22 Hyatt Places I've visited, I'd agree...and disagree.

HP certainly adheres to the brand identity more than most hotels (look at those Summerfield Suites!) And thats why most HP property websites use stock photos. But there are points of difference: service and location; the room HVAC (window mount versus "central"); and the fitness centers. So I thought I'd ask.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:13 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, having stayed there for the second time (the first was during the remodeling so I thought I'd give it another chance) about 6 months ago, I'd never return. Also, it seems to be inordinately expensive for a random HP.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Wall unit ACs are hard to control in terms of either heat or AC.

Housekeeping never set foot in our rooms until after 5PM except, of course, for the last day we were there.

Never replaced soap or shampoo - we had to request it at the front desk.

Great big LG HD TV with all the hookups in the room.

Sofa converts into a hide-a-bed.

Adequate parking.

Located way down in S Tucson next to the airport.

Only Hyatt game in town.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:12 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

And a depressing game at that. I gave up on this hotel and now stay at the nearby Courtyard the night before heading to Canyon Ranch. The Courtyard is also walking distance to several fast food places, the HP isn't.
Old May 30, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Just home. Selected because its the only Hyatt in town and I want my stay credit. I would stay there again but not perfect.

Positives:

1. Quiet. Very close to airport but apparently not under climb out.
2. No CS issues. They even actually read the special requests in advance, and made up the sofa bed for the third person. Friendly staff especially the kids at check-in.

Negatives:

1. The computers were shut down and the signs were not new. I guess they got tired of refereeing spats. To me this is a major complaint since I quit carrying the old laptop because they promise they have them. I do use them to check weather and flights and book the next hotel, etc.
2. Little in the way of dining even if you drive a ways.

Last edited by jayer; Jan 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:17 pm

Programs: status-less.
Had three stays this week. Yes, hotel-hopping to get extra points and stay credits.

As for the purpose of this thread, I have to say this has been one of the better HPs I've stayed at. The room and the breakfast are indistinguishable from any other HP (but if you like it, consistency is a good thing; isn't that what built McDonalds?). However, the staff has been two notches above the rest, proactively recognizing Diamond status and knowledgeable about both the G bonus and the Diamond amenity. And to my great surprise, this is the first HP ever where all the points (base, diamond, Gx and diamond amenity) posted correctly!

Previous posters are correct that food options in the airport area are very weak, but finding non-chain, non-fast-food seems to be a general Tucson issue unless you go downtown or near the University. Computers and printer were both in working order. AC a little bit loud when running, but turning the fan down to low speed fixed it. And unlike many other places, you can in fact turn it fully off if external temperature permits.

One minor oddity - while the tap water is good to the taste, here and at other airport area hotels there's a bunch of air in the water supply that makes it look milky when first drawn from the tap. It is, however, just dissolved air and goes away by itself if left to settle for a moment. Oh, and for the real detail nuts, for unknown reasons the TV channels in your room are not in the same order as they are on the monitors of the exercise equipment. Channel 14 in one place is channel 22 in the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.