Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Denver Airport / Aurora - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

I've just had my worst room at any of the renovated properties.

Major points:

- Much smaller than any of the others.
- Room only has a sofa - no 'Cozy Corner' sofa
- Bathroom has a sort of enclosed tub
- The fan sounds like a 747 taking off
- Tiny desk
- The AC unit is next to the desk so you either boil when the sun comes in or you freeze if you have the A/C on.

Reception is a desk on wheels in a corridor whilst construction continues.

All in all worth avoiding X04 room number.
I was on the AAA rate which may explain the smaller room.

Last edited by Markie; Mar 20, 2007 at 2:47 pm
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:56 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
I just had two trips to Denver and considered staying at this property. Sounds like I was lucky to have avoided it.

Their web site doesn't list a shuttle, but I have seen an Amerisuites shuttle at DIA. Do they have a shuttle to/from airport. That's why I didn't stay there -- if I wasn't going to save on a car rental day, their higher rate wasn't justified.

I have noticed that some of the rooms behind the elevator, while larger, don't have the cozy corner sofa. But, in an x04, that s/n/b near elevator,

FWIW, I know they are several miles away, but I have stayed at the HPs at the Tech Center and Lone Star/Park Meadows and the rooms are almost completely remoded and comfortable. Lobbies still under construction.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:45 pm

Was this the airport location? I stayed at all the Denver locations and the airport location was the only bad stay that I had out of nine nights. The airport location has a airport shuttle that runs until about 1:00 am but you better double check in case that has changed. I only stayed there because I was flying in late and most of the rental car locations were closed causing the rates to be very high. This hotel has a free computer in the lobby for anyone to use with a printer. The room I got on a AAA rate was the standard A/S-HP room.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes, it was the airport location. Pickup was easy as I called on the way from the gates and the driver waited for me as I had no bags.

The shuttle is fine, although you have to book it and it seems to run at odd times in the morning - 0615 or 0730 were my only choices for an 0850 departure.

Good news is LOTS of eating choices in 5 minutes walk - which for a non-driver like me was excellent.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Thanks for the warning! I'll put this in my book for future reference.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:06 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
i was tempted to stay here next week because of the current Gold Passport/Hyatt Place promotions, but I think i'll just stay at one of the downtown Denver hyatts. this one sounds terrible, and the rate is almost as high as the downtown properties for 3/31.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Stayed at DIA Hyatt Place one night last week. Renovation is finished. I was fully satisfied overall and would stay there again.

I believe the original poster was complaining about a handicapped room, which was my first assignment also. I requested and received a change. While not unlivable a regular room is preferable.

The only complaints were with a group staying together on an apparent housing contract arrangement. Kind of a dorm atmosphere on that floor with noise and open doors, but changing rooms solved that one also.

I do have an observation,or perhaps its a question. Did Hyatt miss their stated target market for Hyatt Place, or just this location? The place was devoid of the Gen Y techsters they targeted, and little of the lobby camaraderie they were marketing. Just a few cranky old people like me, who were getting upset at being asked to swipe their room key when served instead of being able to run a tab.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:54 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by jayer
I do have an observation,or perhaps its a question. Did Hyatt miss their stated target market for Hyatt Place, or just this location? The place was devoid of the Gen Y techsters they targeted, and little of the lobby camaraderie they were marketing. Just a few cranky old people like me, who were getting upset at being asked to swipe their room key when served instead of being able to run a tab.
I suspect that they are still experiencing a transition period as they move from AS to HP. I still see a mixed bag. After all, it's a rather large repositioning.

As a cranky(ier?) older (as in not the HP target) person myself, I really like the rooms, but I'm not into the Starbucks style communal lobby approach.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Not bad, not exceptional

I just got back from HP DIA, and it wasn't too bad. I am on my "Tour de HP" week, and this week included flights to and from Denver to get my AA PLT for next year (first time PLT!). I figured -- what the heck -- pay $90 (ai) for the night and get another FFN credit. My timing wasn't such that it made sense to go all the way into downtown...

Having stayed at the HP Ontario Mills, the hotel itself was fairly familiar. Upon getting to my room, I discovered only small differences, such as no thermostat unit (HP Ontario Mills has one), a fiberglass shower enclosure (more than kinda motel-ish), and a bit of a more sophisticated TV menu system (^). The airport transportation worked flawlessly, and there were options for eating/drinking nearby (really close). Wake up call came in right on time.

Overall, my stay was fine. Without the thermostat, the window unit ended up going on and off a bit more than I am used to, and that wasn't so great. Unlike my stay at Ontario Mills, I did not get any sort of recognition for being a diamond (I am not about DYKWIA), but I found the staff to be friendly and VERY helpful. I guess the staff made me positive on this hotel more than anything else about the hotel itself. I think that this is the best thing about the HP brand that I have observed over the last 6-8 months in the 2 places at which I have stayed.

My unscientific observation about the HP chain is that the hotels (subject to interpretation) are pretty much the same from a visual standpoint. Little things like the thermostat controls, fiberglass shower enclosures (vs. strange open shower enclosures), etc. make certain properties look better or worse than others. If one is looking for a fairly functional Hyatt-related property near the Denver airport, this really works out OK. If you are looking for over the top service/luxury, this may not be the place -- that may be the sheer definition of the Hyatt Place branding.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I stayed here last night and will again Thursday night.

room was a touch smaller than other HP's I've been in recently
Tv was nice
Bathroom tight but ok, clean
Fridge had a problem, was producing a lot of noise, I unplugged it
The cleaning staff had missed that a previous guest left a battery charger, I brought it to the front desk

Breakfast fruit was terrible, looked several days old

what really got me was the 'down' elevator call button on 3 rd floor was broken - it was unclear if the light bulb was simply out or worse until I heard several elevators pass - then I used the up button, the elevator stopped for me. The front deck staff said they are aware that it's broken and have a repair scheduled --- how about posting a sign so I'm not wasting time while trying to leave for a business meeting?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:47 pm

Anyone have any recent stays here? Found this property a bit cheaper than the nearby
Hyatt House for an upcoming weekend.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:43 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I stay at this property a couple of times a year (most recently in March 2013). It's a standard run-of-the-mill Hyatt Place. I can't remember anything great about it but I also can't remember anything crummy. I would say it's better than most HPs but not as good as some. One thing I like (which has nothing to do with the hotel) is that new restaurants, stores, etc are always springing up near the hotel. Before long this section of Aurora will no longer feel like you're in the boondocks.
Originally Posted by mr27
Anyone have any recent stays here? Found this property a bit cheaper than the nearby Hyatt House for an upcoming weekend.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:03 pm

Just checked out after a quick one night stay at this HP. Like others have mentioned, its
not the newest HP around but clean and well located. The staff here are very nice and
accomodating to guests. Location is within walking distance to restaurants. The airport
shuttle is on-call and is available starting at 4AM daily. Look forward to returning again.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I stayed last night and agree with the previous poster. Staff was very friendly. I left too early to try the breakfast, but my room was nice, clean and quiet.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 10/6 - 10/7

Location: The hotel is located on 40th Avenue just north of where Pena Blvd. meets Interstate 70. This is the area with most of the DEN Airport hotels and a number are within walking distance. Also nearby are several restaurants, a liquor store, 7-11 and a mile away is a Light Rail Station. DEN is 10 miles away.

Hotel: This is one of the older converted HP locations but it's still in good shape. The parking lot is large, there's an indoor pool, comfortable lobby area and well lit hallways and common ares. The hotel shuttle will drop you off within 3 miles but do note it does not run between 12 and 4 AM.

Check In: Handled by my friend who beat me to the hotel. They were nice enough to switch us from a king with a pull out sofa to a room with two beds for no additional cost

Room: Quite comfortable as I've come to expect from HPs. Outlets near the bed, working wifi and a good shower plus good soundproofing. Basically everything I was hoping for.

Breakfast: Way above average. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, plenty of cereal choices, yogurt, breads and good coffee. I was really impressed by the spread.

My rate was $103 and I'd gladly come back, this is another good Hyatt Place property.
cesco.g likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.