Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Reno REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:54 am
Original Poster

This morning's Reno Gazette-Journal reports that plans are in the works to build a Hyatt property on the grounds of Reno-Tahoe International Airport, which is expected to be completed in the next 18 months.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...603090355/1002

Mike
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A brand new property right in front of the airport. Without luggage it's a 5 min walk across parking and one street. Also doable with luggage but they can pick you up.

Front desk folks were very friendly but rather clueless about hyatt software - took about 15 min to check in. Not a big deal - they'll figure it out. Obviously don't bother asking to add/change/update any GP stuff for now.

Rooms are standard without central AC. New built-in units are quiet but IME they tend to get noisy eventually. Beds are OK but the sheets are very rough (perhaps just brand new).

On a positive side my room had a walk in shower rather than a tub. Everything else is typical HP.

Public areas are nice and well decorated; I especially enjoyed their small breakfast inside/outside terrace.

It may get a bit noisy with a freeway on one side and an airport on the other - not sure which one is better.

Overall a great choice in RNO especially for late night or early morning flights.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
It's great to have a HP in Reno, no more Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn.
I drove by there on October 2nd, and there was a big makeshift sign saying "now open" ^
I wish it was open last year, I drove up to Incline Village last November in bad weather, since I needed a few HGP nights to requalify for Diamond.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by thesilb
Prediciton: could replace DTC as the "low price Hyatt" systemwide.
At $125/night it is a bit on the high side for me......about $100/night higher than Grand Sierra (former Hilton). Add 13% tax.

But, I can see it for a person sucking off an expense account that has an early AM flight. Looks like the windows do not open.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I'm looking forward their rates coming down to a level where I can stay there. A $125 - $139 rate in a market where one can get a room at a good hotel for under $75, and often less, with free shuttle service to and from the airport is hard to justify.

I've been by there several times and the hotel appears to be fairly empty.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:20 pm

I am staying here tonight. The hotel seems very quiet - slow by the conversation with the front desk staff. I got room 601 - very nice panoramic view of the city's north side. The hotel still has that new smell and everything seems fresh. Not a bad deal for the money. Tomorrow night I will be at the HGI Reno and Tuesday night at the Grand Hyatt DFW. I love the one night = one stay!!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'm down the hall from you with an airport view (counted 6 cars in the lot when I just came back from dinner). Was very windy when I checked in this afternoon and a storm is on the way (you could hear the whistling wind through the window earlier). Nice to stay in a property where everything is brand new
Old Nov 24, 2009, 5:59 pm

My tenth HP in 30 days. And it's the nicest. Yes, it's a Hyatt Place cookie-cutter property...but the cookie-cutter has been bent/stretched in a couple of ways I find meaningful. The lobby/breakfast/sitting area is the largest I've seen, as is the fitness center. During my first stay, I was in a jumbo room (600) at the end of a hall. No complaints about noise, either from within (A/C) or without (airport/freeway).

Occupancy this week has been approximately one guest. There seem to be about ten people who work the front desk. At breakfast the other day, I had one (certainly the first) cup of coffee for the day, then both coffee dispensers disappeared for about 30 minutes.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Stayed here in January 2010 -- one night at Lake Tahoe, one night here, then another at Lake Tahoe = 3 stays with possibility of 3 ski days. (Though we only skied one because the big snows hadn't arrived yet.) Nice property, nice staff. Got a large corner room with a view of the mountains (past an empty lot trucks park in), from a high floor. The mountains looked nice dusted in snow. Went to Virginia City on the way back to Lake Tahoe -- nice side trip. Free airport shuttle if you need it.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:35 am

Now they have a liquor license, so you can get something stiffer to drink besides wine and beer and they have added a hot item on the free breakfast - they alternate oat meal with biscuits and gravy. It is still a good place to stay, especially when you can find the $83 AAA rate.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:02 pm

At this hotel last night... great little hotel. ^ ^
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Fine spot. Pretty nice amenities for the rate: 24h in-room dining, 24h gym with new machines, and a pretty decent free breakfast spread (for everyone). Location is convenient, rooms were nice.

Particularly enjoy that the TV has a set of hookups; bring your own HDMI cable and you can watch whatever you want.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
New A Loft opening next door this month. Most interesting is that it opens as a Marriott category 2. Lowest in Nevada. So a good deal with points as rates seem to be about $150/night.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by hedoman
New A Loft opening next door this month. Most interesting is that it opens as a Marriott category 2. Lowest in Nevada. So a good deal with points as rates seem to be about $150/night.
Only problem, it’s a Marriott🙂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.