Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Ottawa Byward Market - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Ottawa Byward Market - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Thumbs up Andaz Ottawa Byward Market - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Currently staying here now and loving it. Hotel is very modern / chic, the rooftop bar had some of the best views I've ever seen in Ottawa (great sunset) and staff is incredibly friendly. They made an excellent dinner recommendation with Sidedoor down the street.

They offered a glass of wine at check in and the minibar includes free non alcoholic drinks and snacks. Told me to call them whenever I needed a refill.

As a diamond, they upgraded me to a large corner king. Huge bathroom and a small walk in closet as well.

I'm taking a client to lunch at the hotel restaurant tomorrow and the menu looks fantastic.

Super happy with this hotel. I come to Ottawa around 8-10x a year and usually stay at the Novotel since I can't get points at the starwoods here (use Egencia for company bookings and the spgs in Ottawa are special rate/non points eligible hotels) and was bummed to not earn Hyatt or SPG points on all my previous trips. This is now my go to hotel in Ottawa... And even if the SPGs were points eligible I'd stay here.

I'm here for one night currently if anyone has any questions.

Mod edit - preopening discussion located at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-2016-a-2.html.

Last edited by peteropny; Sep 26, 2016 at 9:43 am
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Anyone who booked the presidential suite deal stay here yet?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed in the Presidential Suite for 3 nights. Booked as a 2 night and a 1 night reservation. Was contacted and told it was a mistake but a little cordial back and forth got me confirmed for my 1 night in the presidential. The 2 night was confirmed in and Extra Large. I converted my 2 night reservation into a points res by calling Gold Passport. When I arrived I was put in the Presidential for all 3 nights. Paid $248 and 24k for 3 nights. Amazing room. Still felt a little unfinished and the floor itself at the time wasn't completed. Great hotel in a fantastic location. Diamond breakfast was taken care of with no issue and it's a really good breakfast. Largest terrace I've ever had on a suite.
Attached Images      
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:10 pm

Thanks for the update Stinger! Any photos of the bedrooms?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
It only has 1 King bed. There is a door to the terrace in the bedroom, entryway, and kitchen/living room. Couch does not pull out. It can be connected to other rooms though.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:33 pm

Thanks Stinger! That's odd. I thought the suite has 3 bedrooms? Or maybe that's when you add in the connecting rooms? I have an upcoming reservation for next month.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:11 am

Good pics stinger101, I recently completed a stay and will add to your pictures with some highlights;

The hotel has 200 rooms – 7 suites and 1 Presidential suite (1550 sq ft) called ‘The Prime Minister Suite’. Each guest room floor (5-15) of the hotel is dedicated to a Canadian province, the 15th floor to Nunavut �� . Interestingly, the second bedroom (adjoining room) is NOT part of the PM suite and requires additional booking ($$). I found it odd that even the presidential suite had un-bundled pricing components.

Incredibly large walk-in closet!

I just published my complete review with lots more pics of Lobby, Room, Restaurant, views from patio. For those that are interested - http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com...dential-suite/
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:04 pm

I want to use DSU for suite upgrade, but was told by Hyatt that the Andaz suite there only accommodates 2 people. ... Shall I change current reservation from 2 adults+2kids to only 2 adults? Will the hotel let me check in?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by rebyang
I want to use DSU for suite upgrade, but was told by Hyatt that the Andaz suite there only accommodates 2 people. ... Shall I change current reservation from 2 adults+2kids to only 2 adults? Will the hotel let me check in?
The dsu suites here are one bed only. You may want to call the hotel directly and check if they have any suites with double beds (if thats what you need). In the past I have changed my reservation from 3 adults to 2 adults, just for the dsu to be applied. Had no issues at check-in (diff property though).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Thanks for the stay report. Was the Presidential suite on the deal I mentioned before, e.g. the same price as the regular room? I still have two reservations - which I most likely have to cancel.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Thanks for the stay report. Was the Presidential suite on the deal I mentioned before, e.g. the same price as the regular room? I still have two reservations - which I most likely have to cancel.
Yes, my Pres Suite rate was the mistake fare ($260 I think). Too bad that you will have to cancel, its a great product on offer..
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I have an upcoming reservation for end of January on a business trip. Just used an expiring DSU and was upgraded to the Andaz Suite. Will post more details at the end of the month!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Currently staying here on a DSU and very impressed with the room. Will try to add pictures soon.

For DSU rooms, you get 1 powder room and one massive bathroom with separate tub and shower, as well as vanity sinks. Large changing area and decent sized living room with a large couch and good seating area. Bedroom has a sliding door. Definitely a good use of a DSU if you end up in Ottawa
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:14 am

I've stayed in the pres suite which was awesome! one thing i'll share is that the speakers in the ceiling can be accessed by Bluetooth but you have to go into the "kitchen" and find the receiver thing above the microwave in the cupboard and press this little button on it by the cables that allows you to connect and control via Bluetooth.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:14 am

i've stayed in the pres suite which was awesome! as you may know two room service breakfasts included for diamond or you can eat in the restaurant. you can also leave a tip and its reimbursed IME and as lucky has reported. one thing i'll note is the speakers in the ceiling can be controlled by Bluetooth but you have to go into the "kitchen" and find the receiver above the microwave in the cupboard and press/hold this little button on it by the cables to connect and control via Bluetooth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.