Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Goldpassport.com (as well as new WorldOfHyatt) New Issues and Website Problems Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goldpassport.com (as well as new WorldOfHyatt) New Issues and Website Problems Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:00 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear Flyertalkers,

Today, we re-launched GoldPassport.com and I am excited to share the new site with you, which is now more user-friendly and easier to navigate.

New features were developed to help members review their benefits at a glance and modify reservations. The refreshed layout allows members to view their point balance, membership status and reservations all in one place, and it is now easier than ever to explore ways to earn and redeem points with both Hyatt hotels and our partners.

Our new search feature lets members easily redeem their points for free nights in any of their favorite Hyatt locations. Search by hotel brand, category and even activity. Plus, book Points + Cash awards online.

I hope that you enjoy the new GoldPassport.com. Let me know what you think! Send me a tweet @jeffzidell or email me at [email protected].

Wishing you safe travels and all my best,
Jeff Zidell

Mod note - I've stickied this thread as the new website issues / problems thread - I've locked the old one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...issues-38.html which was started in 2010.

Last edited by peteropny; Jun 30, 2016 at 11:28 am
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Loving the new splash page. Very classy and not clustered. I can now see my available balance in big bold type!!!

Is our Lifetime progress published on the site??

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Jun 30, 2016 at 8:34 am
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Loving the new splash page. Very classy and not clustered. I can now see my available balance in big bold type!!!

Is our Lifetime progress published on the site??
There is... kinda haha, but it's buggy. Pretty sure its supposed to show nights/stay til re-qualification but instead reads lifetime diamond.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Future pts/pts + cash reservations are no longer floating to the top and need to be looked for.

In the reservations area pts + cash reservations don't show the points spent....

Can't say I'm too enthused at the moment.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
The account page definitely looks nicer and having the reservations on a single page like that is helpful. I wish it would show the room type booked though without us having to go to hyatt e-concierge page.

I don't quite understand the new award search page. It doesn't let you search for actual inventory so you're still forced to go to each hotel page to see if it is available. The old way, before it got disabled, where we could use the checkbox to search for award at least allowed us this view for a particular city. Also someone searching for a hotel around Dulles won't be shown the hotel in nearby Reston which doesn't make sense. I've found at least 2 hotels don't seem to exist via that search: Hyatt Tamaya and Grand Hyatt Taipei.

Edit: Apparently there are no hotels in DC and Arlington via the award search page...

Last edited by Pingtung; Jun 30, 2016 at 9:40 am
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... should we close the prior "hyatt website issues"... and then rename this one as "more stuff broken?"
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Major Bug

All my reservations are gone in the new website.

Good thing that Hyatt IT hasn't screwed around with the mobile app, which shows 10 reservations.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:12 am

Momentary shock when I read

17 ELIGIBLE STAYS UNTIL LIFETIME DIAMOND STATUS OR
14 ELIGIBLE NIGHTS UNTIL LIFETIME DIAMOND STATUS

All is well now. The word "LIFETIME" disappeared.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Momentary shock when I read

17 ELIGIBLE STAYS UNTIL LIFETIME DIAMOND STATUS OR
14 ELIGIBLE NIGHTS UNTIL LIFETIME DIAMOND STATUS

All is well now. The word "LIFETIME" disappeared.
This thread definitely need to be merged with the website issues page!

Especially since the new website has even more issues than the previous site!

Smart new look, but totally dysfunctional. All reservations missing activity incorrectly posted...

Anything that matters is worse than before...
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
The Concierge says the new site is user friendly. It is definitely NOT friendly. The lack of a flexible calendar is a major deficiency. You have to check day by day for each individual rate. In contrast, Marriott and Hilton have flexible calendars where you can check over weeks or even a month for changes in the rates being charged. So if you have some flexibility, you can quickly decide which days you wish to stay at which hotels. Also, for the Hyatt website, if the rate is, say, $200 for Monday and $250 for Tuesday, it can switch to $250 for both days if you make a request covering both days rather than just day by day. At least, that has been my experience.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Was there ever a flexible calendar feature on the Hyatt site? I do not recall it. So not sure how you can imply that not having it is not user friendly when we never had it to begin with. Maybe they can consider it for a later release.

But I find the new expansion feature showing the reservation details a great improvement. Used to have to open up the link to that reservation to show the rate and such. now just click the + icon and the reservation details will expand out under it. ^^^

Think the overall design of the Account Activity page to be top notch.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:37 am

Ok i like the overall feel but now even though I have 25 stays YTD it says you are on your way to being PLATINUM??
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:43 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Was there ever a flexible calendar feature on the Hyatt site? I do not recall it. So not sure how you can imply that not having it is not user friendly when we never had it to begin with. Maybe they can consider it for a later release.
Yes, there was a flexible calendar in the past. It disappeared a few years ago and a few of us noted it. For a while, one of the 3rd party sites, Expedia ??, had similar functionality, but it too went away. I'd really like to see it back again.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Think the overall design of the Account Activity page to be top notch.
When something looks nice but does not work, I hesitate to call it a top-notch design.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by austin_modern
... should we close the prior "hyatt website issues"... and then rename this one as "more stuff broken?"
... wow... didnt actually think my jest was going to really happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.