Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Do 2016 October 27th-30th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Talking London Do 2016 October 27th-30th

I am super-excited to announce that the Hyatt London Do will once again take place from 27th-30th October 2016 - for the 5th year running (and the last year)! This is again thanks to American Express, who will be sponsoring the reception and dinner on the final night, and the Hyatt Churchill, which hosts the event. We will once again be raising money for HUSK Cambodia. Last year was a record year, raising over $5000 for the charity - let's try to do the same this year!

Draft itinerary below (subject to change)

Thursday 27th October
19:00 Champagne reception in the Library Suite, sponsored by The Churchill

Friday 28th October
Free day for sight-seeing, work, shopping
15:00 Afternoon tea with Hyatt Gold Passport
18:30 Private cinema screening (including a glass of champagne and popcorn) and dinner at a 5* hotel near Covent Garden - suggest Grand Budapest Hotel but open to suggestions. Ł65pp (possibly less, TBC)

Saturday 29th October
Activity TBC during the day e.g., tea tasting
15:00 Private whisky tasting at Cadenheads in Marylebone (Ł30, max 12 people)
19:00 Champagne reception in the Library Suite foyer, sponsored by AMEX
19:30 Gala dinner, sponsored by AMEX
21:30 Prize draw and charity auction

Sunday 30th October
Breakfast or brunch and fond farewells

Booking code is G-D2TF (input under group on Hyatt.com). For stays outside 27th-30th or to apply a suite upgrade certificate, please email the hotel
Ł290 single occupancy for a View room including full breakfast in the Montagu
Ł310 double occupancy as above

Earn up to 10,000 bonus points!
1000 bonus points for 1 night stay on group code
3000 bonus points for 2 night stay on group code
6000 bonus points for 3 night stay on group code
10,000 bonus points for 4 night stay on group code

In order to qualify for the prize draw, you need to spend 2 nights at the Churchill on the group code. In previous years, everyone entered into the draw won a prize. We aim for the same this year but cannot guarantee.

As with last year, we will also auction some items for HUSK Cambodia (credit cards accepted) - which items are prizes and which are auctioned will be announced on the night. If you wish to come to the event but not stay at the hotel, please let me know and I'll see which events have space

Register here

Last edited by price123; Jun 19, 2016 at 7:34 am Reason: Updated itinerary
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Announced prizes / auction items

- 2 nights at any Hyatt hotel worldwide (courtesy of Hyatt Gold Passport)
- Diamond status until February 2018 (courtesy of Hyatt Gold Passport)
- 3 nights B+B, Park Hyatt Maldives
- 3 nights B+B, Lagoon view room, Andaz Mayakoba Riviera Maya, Mexico
- 3 nights B+B, Grand Executive Suite, Grand Hyatt Taipei, Taiwan
- 2 nights B+B, Park Deluxe room, Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- 2 nights B+B, Park Hyatt Mallorca
- 2 nights in a Grand Suite, Grand Hyatt Chengdu
- 2 nights B+B, Andaz Tokyo
- 2 nights B+B, Park Hyatt Vienna
- 2 nights B+B, Park Hyatt Zanzibar
- 2 night weekend stay B+B, Excelsior Hotel Gallia Milan
- 2 nights B+B, Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- 2 nights B+B, Hyatt Capital Gate, Abu Dhabi
- 2 night weekend stay in a Club room, Hyatt Regency Perth
- 2 nights B+B, Hyatt Centric Montevideo
- 2 nights B+B, Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- 1 night B+B, Hyatt Place Heathrow
- 2x First class lounge entry at London City Airport

Menu for Saturday night

Starters
Salmon three ways (beetroot poached, confit and smoked), wasabi pea puree, pickled cucumber and caperberries, cream cheese, lemon crisp
Grilled asparagus, sautéed chestnut mushrooms, poached eggs, heirloom tomatoes and mixed herb vinaigrette, goat cheese mouse, walnut crisp
Smoked duck, grilled peaches, radicchio and aged balsamic

Main course
Duo of lamb, rump and chop, herbed turned potatoes, sautéed spinach, port jus
Herb marinated roasted cod, tomato fondue, creamy vegetable fregola,lemon beurre blanc
Carrot and broad bean risotto, beer battered courgette flower, paprika oil

Desserts
Caramelised lemon tart with raspberry and mascarpone cream
Warm chocolate fondant with Baileys ice-cream and seasonal mixed berry compote

Last edited by price123; Oct 20, 2016 at 12:24 am
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:37 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by price123
Booking code added - G-D2TF.

Any suggestions for activities, please post here or PM me
Booked for 10/27-30 but won't allow for 10/31 checkout. Not sure we're coming but booked for now since we're thinking about it.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
Booked for 10/27-30 but won't allow for 10/31 checkout. Not sure we're coming but booked for now since we're thinking about it.
It would be great to see you both again. For shoulder nights or to use a suite upgrade, I think you need to email the hotel directly.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:32 am
Original Poster

The plan is slowly coming together and I hope to have a firm itinerary and open registration next weekend. I have updated the itinerary as per current plan and will start posting details of some our amazing prizes.

If you are on the fence about coming, please note that this is the last year we will organise a 3-day London Do.

Last edited by price123; Jun 11, 2016 at 7:59 am
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:05 am
Original Poster

So, the first prize to be announced is sure to be popular. Remember, this may be auctioned on the night for HUSK Cambodia (so anyone can win) or used as a prize for someone staying 2 nights in the hotel.

Many thanks to Hyatt Gold Passport.

:-: 2 nights in any Hyatt hotel worldwide :-:
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
After attending several times, Id have to recommend this DO! I hope I can make it this year too.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Last year was fun. I hope to come back again this year, but it will depend on my work situation.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Looks great!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
So, the first prize to be announced is sure to be popular. Remember, this may be auctioned on the night for HUSK Cambodia (so anyone can win) or used as a prize for someone staying 2 nights in the hotel.

Many thanks to Hyatt Gold Passport.

:-: 2 nights in any Hyatt hotel worldwide :-:
^^. Very generous of Hyatt! You've done a great job working with the various sponsors and other partners to source terrific prizes. The donation to HUSK is the icing on the cake. Looking forward to my 5th Hyatt London Do!
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
...<snip>.... For shoulder nights or to use a suite upgrade, I think you need to email the hotel directly.
We are arriving 10/26 and leaving 11/2 - I contacted the hotel directly to arrange it.
Once again exciting adventures and great prizes!
Old Jun 18, 2016, 3:37 am
Original Poster

The next prize to announce is also a stunner!

Situated on a private island, just 55km north of the Equator and with stunning marine life, the Park Hyatt Maldives is the perfect spot to escape to, either for a few days of relaxation and recuperation or to spend quality time with loved ones. Don't miss the wonderful treatments of the spa or sundowners at the bar!

:-: 3 nights bed and breakfast in a Park Suite valid until 1st November 2017 (blackout 15th December-28th February) :-:

Last edited by price123; Jul 3, 2016 at 1:43 am
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Registration is now open - in order to attend you must complete a registration form - here.

Please note that your place for certain activities will only be confirmed after payment has been received
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Another couple of exciting prizes to announce:

Located by the beautiful Swan River, Hyatt Regency Perth is within close proximity of the city's shopping, business and tourist destinations. Enjoy the heated outdoor swimming pool, visit the historic
Fremantle Jail and Maritime Museum or make a trip out to Margaret River. There you will find a fine supply of world class wineries, boutique breweries and restaurants overlooking sweeping vineyards and surf breaks.

:-: 2 nights weekend stay in a Regency Club room valid until 1st November 2017 :-:

London City Airport is the most convenient airport for London and has one of the quickest arrivals and departures processes in the world. Now, you can escape the crowds and relax before your flight in the First class lounge, situated in the private jet terminal. Here, you have your own passport control and are chauffeured to the plane door!

:-: Access to the first class lounge for 2 :-:

Last edited by price123; Jul 3, 2016 at 1:38 am
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Announcing another couple of prizes:

The Hyatt Centric Montevideo is one of the newest Hyatts, having just opened in June this year. Located in the heart of the bustling capital of Uruguay in South America, the hotel has stunning coastal views, a heated pool and spa.

:-: 2 nights B+B in a View Room, valid until December 31st, 2017 :-:

Sitting on the beachfront in the heart of a UNESCO heritage site, Park Hyatt Zanzibar provides the ultimate haven amongst Stone Town’s labyrinth of winding alleys, bustling markets, mosques and famed Zanzibari doors, featuring magnificent ornate wooden carvings. From the spacious, elegant guest rooms, authentic cuisine and spectacular views to the oceanfront infinity pool, the hotel offers luxury holiday makers rare, intimate and unforgettable experiences.

:-: 2 nights B+B in a Park Deluxe Room, valid until April 2017 :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.