Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: solewalker
On Thursday, November 19 at 12:43 PM EST, @HyattConcierge sent the following tweet via the Twitter social media platform:

"Looking for a new loyalty program? DM us and let’s talk."

12:43 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667397894987767808
2:55 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667431140815450112

Q: What was offered by Hyatt Gold Passport?
A: Hyatt Gold Passport offered a status match for qualifying elite status in qualifying hotel loyalty programs to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. This status level remains valid through the end of February 2017.

Q: Which hotel loyalty programs? Which elite status level?
A: As of Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that requests with proof of elite status with almost any hotel loyalty program were matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. It has been reported that Marriott Rewards Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, and others were matched to Hyatt Diamond.

After Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that only some top-tier elite status level in some hotel loyalty programs were being matched, for example Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Platinum. There is no supporting evidence that any sort of cut-off date/time was implemented in actual denials. However, this is most likely due to the fact that requests made after the cut-off date/time have not yet been processed (refer to the "How long will it take" question below).

There are a number of reports that indicate being told by Hyatt representatives that there was a cut-off date/time and that the current status match is for SPG Platinum members only.

It seems there have been varied reports around what elite status and hotel loyalty program qualified, which ones didn't qualify, which level of Hyatt Gold Password was matched to, etc. More information should be available on November 24 when it is expected that the cut-off date/time is processed and the wiki will be updated as we have some additional reports roll in.

As always, YMMV.

Q: How does this differ from the previous Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offers?
A: The requirements for the current status match were: 1) proof of elite status with a qualifying hotel loyalty program and 2) proof of ONE stay during this calendar year. This is an outright status match not a status challenge.

Q: How long will it take for the status match to be applied?
A: As of November 24 at 1:30 AM EST, it appears that they have reviewed requests made up to around November 20 at 11:30 AM EST. The initial response was "within 48 hours," but that has since been extended to "within 14 days." Based on reports, it appears that requests are being processed on the weekends and late into the evenings (author note: my status match was processed at 1:30 AM EST).

Q: If I am matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond level, will I receive the Diamond Suite Upgrade awards?
A: Yes. As with any Diamond member, you will receive four DSU awards within one to two business days. These will expire at the end of February 2016. You can attach these to future reservations - past February 2016 - as long as they are used prior to their expiration - changes to the reservation may result in the loss of the expired DSU though. You will receive an additional four DSU awards next year for use by early March 2016 which will expire February 28, 2017. This is no different than any other Diamond member.

Q: If I currently have Diamond status, will Hyatt extend my status an additional year?
A: No. Hyatt is not offering extensions on existing Diamond status. Once again, this is based on reports from the community, so YMMV. Anything is possible if you ask; nothing is possible if you do not ask.

Q: If I previously attained Diamond level status through a Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offer, am I eligible for the current status match offer?
A: As long as you are not currently a Diamond member and meet the other qualifications, it appears you will be eligible for this offer. Previous status challenges should not affect this offer.

Q: Why would Hyatt make this kind of offer?
A: While the reasons can only be discussed as hypothetical situations, the recently announced acquisition of Starwood Hotels by Marriott Hotels and the subsequent disgruntled reaction from many SPG elite members most likely played a role. However, this is unconfirmed and merely speculation.

Q: I missed this promotion before. Is this promotion still active? If so, how do I request a status match?
A: At this time, there is no evidence to suggest the promotion has ended. To request the status match, email [email protected] with a screenshot of 1) proof of your current elite status level with a competing hotel loyalty program AND 2) proof of at least one stay during the current calendar year AND 3) your Hyatt GP membership number.

NOTE: It appears that only new requests from SPG Platinum members will receive the Diamond status match. This does not mean you should not try if you have some other type of status, but you should expect the request to be declined. Again, "YMMV" applies.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lehmanbrosmelee
Got confirmed to Hyatt Diamond, after sending in Hilton Gold status with one stay that was almost a year ago (paid by company, only chain hotel I've ever stayed in my life).

I currently have Hyatt Diamond, sent in match request for Hilton Diamond (current Hilton Gold), and have SPG Gold and IHG Platinum. I used to be Hyatt Plat until upgrade. All through credit cards!

And now for the kicker, just got confirmed for a suite upgrade, using points + cash, out of which points are from credit card signup and UR transfers. I plan on using all my DSUs before Feb so I can max them out again before next years kick in. Oh plus now I have those two free nights again which I will use at another top tier Hyatt! Last but not least, I'm in college.

Now, how do you feel?

Honestly, though from my position this is what you'd be expected to do. You can't really be mad at me. Be mad at Hyatt!
lehman brothers huh? lol
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:26 am

Another Data Point

A friend of mine finally heard back from Hyatt this morning. She was given the vaunted Platinum status. She is a new Marriott Platinum obtained in the past year through her employer's agreement with the hotel chain. She had one stay of two nights thus far in 2015. Her tweet and subsequent email back and forth with Hyatt began the early morning of November 20, 2015.

She told me that despite appreciating this lovely gift she wrote Hyatt CS declining it since it would not be sufficient impetus to change biz or leisure travel in 2016.

I wish good luck to all who took advantage of the tier match and were elevated to top status. I hope they enjoy their stays and can get maximum benefit out of being Diamond members.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tondoleo
She told me that despite appreciating this lovely gift she wrote Hyatt CS declining it since it would not be sufficient impetus to change biz or leisure travel in 2016.
There really is no reason to write an email declining Platinum as there is no cost to getting it. She could simply not use it. lol
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Anyone else told that they were getting matched to Diamond and not get it? I was told about 7 days ago, confirming my match. But my account still shows Hyatt Gold. Sent an email but have not received a response in 5 days, guessing they are still busy.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lehmanbrosmelee
Got confirmed to Hyatt Diamond, after sending in Hilton Gold status with one stay that was almost a year ago (paid by company, only chain hotel I've ever stayed in my life).
You're clearly the target audience then!

There is no doubt in my mind I'll be doing the Grand Hyatt NY or Andaz 5th Ave- mainly because of this Diamond status. Funnily enough, those 30 days should put me a good way towards requalifying for Diamond!
I would not want to stay in the GH for more than two night, much less a month. It will be soul-destroying.

Welcome to FT!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Exactly, and the only reason it's a Grand is so they can charge more. Nothing really Grand about the place.

As well, and to repeat myself, I'm not angry at those who tood advantage, I'm angry at Hyatt for making the mistake, and then continuing to honor it for those with minimal status in other chains.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You're clearly the target audience then!

I would not want to stay in the GH for more than two night, much less a month. It will be soul-destroying.

Welcome to FT!
Thanks man!

And this is really helpful. Wouldn't have known GH was so bad. What is a good Hyatt or Hilton property in New York while not being ostentatious? Ranking by preference would be awesome, with Hyatt being the priority over Hilton.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
For those Hyatt Diamonds out there, the Hilton Diamond matches are filtering through. Even though I won't get "guaranteed" suite upgrades with my new Hilton Diamond status, you can bet I'll be looking to expand my spend at Hilton hotels. Looking through the Hilton thread, it would appear a lot of properties do upgrade their Diamonds to suites, etc. ++
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:57 am
Suspended

The best in NY is the Park Hyatt clearly, and the Andaz is ok. The rest are pretty meh, to be honest.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
For those Hyatt Diamonds out there, the Hilton Diamond matches are filtering through. Even though I won't get "guaranteed" suite upgrades with my new Hilton Diamond status, you can bet I'll be looking to expand my spend at Hilton hotels. Looking through the Hilton thread, it would appear a lot of properties do upgrade their Diamonds to suites, etc. ++
I wouldn't count on upgrades at Hilton. I've been an HH diamond for at least five years and this year the only upgrade I received was a jr. suite at the Parc 55 and one other suite upgrade. And don't plan on a hot breakfast at lot of properties without lounges

I'm looking forward to giving more Hyatt's business since they matched my Hilton diamond status and they offer 4 pm checkouts to diamonds.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The best in NY is the Park Hyatt clearly, and the Andaz is ok. The rest are pretty meh, to be honest.
I'm sure you're referring to Andaz Wall Street
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wouldn't count on upgrades at Hilton. I've been an HH diamond for at least five years and this year the only upgrade I received was a jr. suite at the Parc 55 and one other suite upgrade. And don't plan on a hot breakfast at lot of properties without lounges

I'm looking forward to giving more Hyatt's business since they matched my Hilton diamond status and they offer 4 pm checkouts to diamonds.
Not counting on anything, but willing to give it a go.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jamesteroh

It really depends on the specific Hilton properties. I'm only a HH Gold, but over the past four years have received more upgrades than not at properties in Europe and Asia, including several very nice suite upgrades. I've also found that many of the properties in those locations will happily let you eat breakfast in the restaurant even when they have a lounge.

But, that said, I wish I had been able to get in on the Diamond status giveaway, as the European/Asian Hyatts at which I've stayed have been very nice, and I'd switch my stays to them in a minute were I eligible for the free breakfast...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:19 am

I was just matched to Hyatt Diamond and got the email confirming it. No mention of the suite upgrades and I don't see them in my account.

Do those take longer to post, or are matched Diamonds not getting the suite upgrades?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I'm sure you're referring to Andaz Wall Street
Yes. Fifth Avenue Andaz is not really my thing. I stayed there only once but thought I had died and gone to hipster heaven.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.