Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:40 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Just read this today:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ale-Resort-Spa

and it's already online on hyatt.com

http://scottsdale.andaz.hyatt.com/en...scottsdale.com

Looking forward to this!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:56 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Hotel site now states they're accepting reservations as of November 1st

http://scottsdale.andaz.hyatt.com/en...scottsdale.com

Has anybody been there by chance a could get a glimpse of how far they are?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Nice location, Paradise Valley adjacent. Not far from Sanctuary, which IMO is the finest resort in the entire valley and one of the best in the country.

On the other hand, I see they are already violating GP program rules by failing to offer award nights when a basic room is available
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:02 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Nice location, Paradise Valley adjacent. Not far from Sanctuary, which IMO is the finest resort in the entire valley and one of the best in the country.

On the other hand, I see they are already violating GP program rules by failing to offer award nights when a basic room is available
yes, it's just south of the Gainey Ranch Hyatt - which is my favorite Hyatt Resort

Truly - just checked the rates - no award nights available, although basic rooms are. let's hope this is just a glitch in Hyatt's IT for now...

It's rated a Cat 5 hotel on gp.com - not bad for an ANdAZ I'd say.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by a193991
yes, it's just south of the Gainey Ranch Hyatt - which is my favorite Hyatt Resort

Truly - just checked the rates - no award nights available, although basic rooms are. let's hope this is just a glitch in Hyatt's IT for now...

It's rated a Cat 5 hotel on gp.com - not bad for an ANdAZ I'd say.
Awards are not available at hotels that have not yet opened.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
FYI - availability (including points @ 20K - no C&P) is open as early as October 19th. We are thinking of staying there during opening week...terrible idea?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:55 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by missmelon437
We are thinking of staying there during opening week...terrible idea?
Possibly ... there's been some "horror stories" posted here of opening dates that slipped or properties being opened before they were fully ready. Most of those that I recall were outside the US, so that may be a difference. Even if the physical plant is completely finished, you're still likely to encounter newly trained staff and run into "teething problems" that frequently plague new properties.

If you're making travel plans that aren't flexible, and you have the Hyatt points, you might consider making a backup reservation at Gainey Ranch for the same dates. You can cancel one or the other as your stay gets closer.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
Originally Posted by skj
Possibly ... there's been some "horror stories" posted here of opening dates that slipped or properties being opened before they were fully ready. Most of those that I recall were outside the US, so that may be a difference. Even if the physical plant is completely finished, you're still likely to encounter newly trained staff and run into "teething problems" that frequently plague new properties.

If you're making travel plans that aren't flexible, and you have the Hyatt points, you might consider making a backup reservation at Gainey Ranch for the same dates. You can cancel one or the other as your stay gets closer.
Thanks! I am going to book a book-up Good idea.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by missmelon437
FYI - availability (including points @ 20K - no C&P) is open as early as October 19th. We are thinking of staying there during opening week...terrible idea?
I got a call that they are delaying the opening and that they will book me at the Hyatt Regency for the same price and credit me 40k points after the stay for the inconvenience. Any one else have similar comp?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by giddyforpoints
I got a call that they are delaying the opening and that they will book me at the Hyatt Regency for the same price and credit me 40k points after the stay for the inconvenience. Any one else have similar comp?
Same offer for me.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
There are no suites bookable?? But I see they do have suites under their room types page?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:43 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Further announcement regarding the opening Nov 1st:

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-N...pen-November-1
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm staying at Sanctuary and drove by to check it out. November 1 opening seems highly optimistic. It's an active construction site, not even close to completion.

Location is a bit odd, behind a strip mall. I don't think this will be in Sanctuary or Camelback Inn class.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Anyone have any more recent updates on this property? Is it nearing completion? Website says reservations are accepted for stays from 11/15.

I'm attending a conference at The Phoenician but want to stay at a Hyatt property to maximize my Diamond status and get some nights in. Conference is 12/8-11. I know it's tricky staying a brand new place, but maybe some kinks will be worked out by the time I get there.

ERQ
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
Anyone have any more recent updates on this property? Is it nearing completion? Website says reservations are accepted for stays from 11/15.

I'm attending a conference at The Phoenician but want to stay at a Hyatt property to maximize my Diamond status and get some nights in. Conference is 12/8-11. I know it's tricky staying a brand new place, but maybe some kinks will be worked out by the time I get there.

ERQ
Why don't you stay at Royal Palms then? It's a 5 minute drive away and is part of the Hyatt Collection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.