Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Park City Utah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Was browsing hotels in Park City and this one now shows up. Says it's opening winter this year, but can't book any dates yet, not even summer 2016. It's not ski-in/out, but it'll be 1/2 mile from Hyatt Escala Lodge, so great location if you don't mind driving. Add free breakfast, and outdoor pool and jacuzzi, and this could be great hotel to use points.

Anyone else heard when this hotel may open?

Last edited by canesfan; Sep 2, 2015 at 9:05 pm Reason: added state in title
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Available for booking for stays 2/1 and on. Prices look very reasonable!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: AA, DL Silver, WN, VX, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat, Hertz President's Circle
I'm staying there the weekend after it opens for a trip to Deer Valley; so I'll post a quick review after. The price wasn't too bad compared to some of the other options in Park City (about $200/night). Still pricier than staying at a Hyatt Place or House in SLC, but not spending two hours a day driving back and forth makes it worth the price.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:14 am

Thanks, didn't know this even existed. Too bad the other Hyatt ceased it's point and cash during ski season.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Anyone stayed here yet? Would like to see a picture of the pool/jacuzzi area. I know that an HP isn't going to have a resort-like feel, but if the outdoor facilities are more servicable than a "normal" HP, this may be a nice, less expensive alternative to the Centric.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:52 am

Any updates?

Eager for a review!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:11 pm

Well I just completed our stay there. We had two connecting queen rooms.
Both were fine. Just what you would expect from a new Hyatt Place. Good TVs and internet. No views to speak of. We looked out at next building. They say the suites have mountain views but don't expect much.

The breakfast was decent and generous enough considering it was included with the room rate. Two kinds of breakfast sandwiches or eggs depending on the day, french toast, yogurt, cereal, cottage cheese, a few pastries, toast, English muffins and bagels. We never ate anything else there. They did have a menu and a bar. We only bought some coffee drinks and gatorade. I can't imagine with all the Park City dining options they get too much business.

It took us about 5-7 minutes to drive to the Canyons premium parking lot (which is close to the Escala Lodge). It would be closer to 5 minutes if you parked at the free lot and took the little buggy up.

The big shopping center closer to I80 is also just a 5 minute or so drive so the location is quite nice and you park right outside for free and can access your building directly.

Overall I was pleased for $199/night. It met my expectations.
The only thing I would say is that housekeeping came quite late each day - well within their defined hours but later than I like.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Clocked here about 20 nights during the summer of 2016. Got to know all the staff members very well and love this property.

Compared to other Hyatt Places/Houses in the SLC region, this property is the nicest since it is brand new. The property consists of 2 buildings with 2 floors each and are separated by an outdoor walkway. Expect a standard Hyatt Place setup just with brand new furniture. Bathroom was well maintained too.

Breakfast is free. Usually it consists of a sandwich and other goodies like chuck1 had noted.

Parking is a bit of a hassle if you are in the North building. There are only about 15 parking spots in the front of the hotel and the rest of the parking spots are on the South side / rear of the building. This property gets its fair share of vacation goers who travel with trailers and kids so the lot gets pretty full.

Overall, a very good property. Staff is fantastic and accommodating to your needs. Not the closest property to the lifts though.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Is this property too far from deer valley slopes? From what I have been told those are best for green and easy blues (first timer here).
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:30 pm

You can drive to Deer Valley. About 15-20 minutes I'm guessing depending on weather and traffic.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Is this property too far from deer valley slopes? From what I have been told those are best for green and easy blues (first timer here).
Park City is not exactly a challenging mountain . . . mostly blue. The steep stuff is at Alta and Snowbird.

Deer Valley is especially known for its grooming and for clipping passes of fast skiers. That does make it a good choice for less experienced skiers.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Unimpressed. Zero recognition for Globalist. No internet throughout the entire hotel and no apology (their "security certificate" expired?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:05 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by yaromac
Unimpressed. Zero recognition for Globalist. No internet throughout the entire hotel and no apology (their "security certificate" expired?
What sort of recognition do you expect at an HP?
- all rooms are usually the same
- breakfast included for all guests anyhow, water bottle for most guests
- Welcome amenity gone with WoH
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yaromac
Stayed there 3 weeks ago. I thought it's a fantastic place. The lobby is inviting. Breakfast is decent. Rooms are quite spacious and parking is pretty close to all buildings.

It has an hourly shuttle to all park city ski resorts but it does fill up so make sure you book in advance.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by SP03
Stayed there 3 weeks ago. I thought it's a fantastic place. The lobby is inviting. Breakfast is decent. Rooms are quite spacious and parking is pretty close to all buildings.

It has an hourly shuttle to all park city ski resorts but it does fill up so make sure you book in advance.
If you don't want to wait for the hourly shuttle, walk out to the road - catch the Pink city transit bus. It is every 30 minutes and goes to Canyons and Park City Mountain. You can transfer to the Deer Valley bus at the downtown transit center. There is a bus stop right outside the Hyatt Place. If you want more transportation options, download the "Mountain Transportation Network" app. It is brought to you by our local taxi/private black car operators to try to fight the takeover of local transportation by Uber and Lyft. Fixed prices, no surging, insured and background checked drivers, local knowledge of the area (trust me - some Uber drivers come up from Salt Lake and have NO idea of the area). Look at their website for pricing. If you are gong carless for your trip, they are worth look at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.