Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Savannah Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:30 pm
Used to be hamajicky
Original Poster

Didn't see a review on here for it yet, so I thought I'd start a thread.

This hotel opened on October 16. I can't tell if it's built completely brand-new, or a redo of another flag (more on that below), but they clearly have some kinks to work out.

Pros:
1. Breakfast was good. Quality of the food was good, food area was clean.
2. Bed is comfy.
3. Two large HDTVs in each room (at least my room had 2 TVs). I'm used to seeing one TV in most Hyatt Places. Also, they had true HD service through DirecTV, with a guide. Minor complaint here: no sleep timer on the proprietary remote control!
4. Rooms are large, especially the bathroom. Almost unnecessarily large.
5. Staff is friendly.
6. Wifi is fast.

Cons:

It looks like this place was rushed to open. A lot of punch-out items needed to be addressed before they opened. Basically, just a lack of quality checks before the place opened.

1. Popcorn ceilings. This makes me think it was a redo of another flag. Who in 2014 installs popcorn ceilings?
2. Mildew already in the shower.
3. My bedside lamp had a burned out light. A CFL should not burn out in 2 weeks.
4. The floors (especially on the 3rd floor) are noticeably uneven. When you get off the elevator on the 3rd floor, there is a large dip, about 2'x2'. Not a major problem, but looks sloppy.
5. I forgot my shaving cream at home. Most HPs will give you a free one. Not here--$1.25.
6. The A/C Control unit in my room was difficult to use (push buttons, nothing happens and the screen goes blank).
7. A noticeable sticker had not been removed from my sink. Again, lack of quality checks before opening.
8. Coffee is bad--they had run out, and then they brought some more out in an airpot, and it was under-brewed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tfc7hbuyg...Z-K7CI_Ka?dl=0

Last edited by Chalky White; Oct 30, 2014 at 7:32 am
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:54 am
Used to be hamajicky
Original Poster

Confirmation from the hotel assistant manager: it was a remodel from a Hawthorn Inn and Suites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.