Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Yerevan (leaving Hyatt 8/1/22) and Jermuk, Armenia, (no longer Hyatt) REV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Yerevan (leaving Hyatt 8/1/22) and Jermuk, Armenia, (no longer Hyatt) REV

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:18 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Good Afternoon Flyertalkers,

As the Hyatt Place brand continues to expand outside the United States, we are thrilled to share news of the first Hyatt Place to open in Armenia - Hyatt Place Yerevan.

The hotel is located next to Republic Square, the heart of Yerevan’s city center, in close proximity to Government House, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the National Gallery, and Abovyan Street, the city’s main thoroughfare with many boutiques, cafes and gift shops.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Question

Can't find review here. Anyone?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Tripadvisor..... HP's are hardly reviewed here....
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:09 am
Community Director Emerita

I'm also interested in what FTers think of the property. And if someone has stayed both here and at the Marriott, I'd love a comparison. The Marriott Yerevan is rated slightly higher on TripAdvisor. It has an executive lounge, reported as adequate but not exceptional in the Marriott forum. Elites are given breakfast coupons. Its rate is slightly lower than the HP. However, the HP room is always spacious and likely would be larger than that available at the Marriott. Also, the Hyatt Place is newer.

I see the hotels are a 2 minute walk apart, so location would not be a discriminating factor.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, SAS Eurobonus
I stayed at Hyatt Place Yerevan for three nights this Easter. I just walked by the Marriott so unfortunatelly I cannot compare the two.

The Hyatt Place it just off the Republic Square in the center of Yerevan. The center is not big so it easy to walk to most places, but there are also taxi stands on the square itself.

The rooms are big with a Grand Bed, a 42" flat screen TV (LG), a sofa and a workdesk. The bath is also of decent size and have a separat shower (which I prefer). Breakfast was included in the room rate. The selection was OK with some hot items as bacon and scrambled eggs.

Free wi-fi was also included in the rate. It was not a work stay but I used the wi-fi connect to internet on my phone and the wi-fi worked fine for me. The hotel has also a small gym. I used it once. Not too big and well equipped but worked Ok since I was alone.

It is possible to buy some sandwiches and salates throughout the day from a "cafe" in the reception area.

It was my first (and so far only) stay at a Hyatt Place so not too much to compare with. It is a little different experience than for instance a Hyatt Regency. But in my opinion the Hyatt Place in Yerevan is a decent choice, and fairly new, and I wouldn't mind return to the hotel.

Last edited by broenor; Jun 21, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:23 pm

Thank you, broenor, that is really informative.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:11 am

If anyone on FT stayed at the other Hyatt in Armenia - HP Jermuk - I would love to hear their comments as well. I'm also curious why HP Jermuk can not be booked with points.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
If anyone on FT stayed at the other Hyatt in Armenia - HP Jermuk - I would love to hear their comments as well. I'm also curious why HP Jermuk can not be booked with points.
I had no idea there was another Hyatt Place in Armenia. Thank you for mentioning it. The hotel is midpoint between two significant monasteries, Noravank and Tatev. I'm really happy to learn about this option. Prior to this, the best hotels I had been able to find in this part of Armenia were 3 star and seemed pretty poor.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The hotel is midpoint between two significant monasteries, Noravank and Tatev. I'm really happy to learn about this option.
Likewise HP Jermuk has been open for ~1.5 yrs, and is likely the most comfortable & attractive facility in rural Armenia. Getting there would require a rental car or a privately negotiated ride. But there's a plus side to the remote location -- the area is still very unspoiled and uncrowded with visitors.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:36 am

If you call Hyatt, you can book HP Jermuk for points. It's 5000 points per night. It didn't have cash and points, at least not for the night of interest to me.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:42 am

The Jermuk property has a suite that can only be booked with cash. It is 62 sqm and has a separate living room from the bedroom. Online pictures look attractive.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:05 pm

I stayed in the HP Yerevan 2 years ago, and at the newer Hilton Doubletree last year. The cash rates at both hotels were comparable, and service was exceptional at both as well. As far as the hard product, Doubletree was far superior with tasteful and modern room decor. Additionally I had a high floor room at the Dooubletree with a view or mount Ararat -- that could've affected my overall impression. At the HP I could only see the beat up interior courtyard. According to the hotel's personnel, all their rooms face inwards.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MaxVO
According to the hotel's personnel, all their rooms face inwards.
The photo of the hotel on the web

https://yerevan.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel.html

shows lots of outward facing windows. If they aren't for the rooms, what are they for?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The photo of the hotel on the web
https://yerevan.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel.html
shows lots of outward facing windows. If they aren't for the rooms, what are they for?
I took that comment to mean that they did not want to upgrade me to a better view. I was a Pt member at the time.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:21 am

We had a delightful one night stay at Hyatt Place Jermuk. It's unlikely travels will bring me to this part of the world again, but if they did, I'd happily return. Jermuk is a town primarily based on tourism thanks to its hot water springs. During the years that Armenia was under Russian rule, many Russians came to visit. There are lots of Soviet block hotels as a result, many of them empty and no longer operated.

Hyatt Place Jermuk is a breath of fresh air. It was opened two years ago and was funded by the person who owns the Park Hyatt Moscow. It has an excellent location on a small river with a building with hot springs behind it. There is a pedestrian walkway along the river with a cafe and some souvenir stands. Cafes are rare in rural Armenia. The hotel is a cut above American Hyatt Places. I booked what proved to be a very comfortable suite. It had a large living room with a dining table, a bedroom and 1 1/2 baths. I would have liked a walk in shower but it had a shower/tub combo. Rooms on the back side of the hotel have the best views, looking over the stream and toward the mountains.

The reason this hotel outstrips American Hyatt Place properties is that it has an actual restaurant. Breakfast was excellent, blowing away anything I've had in the US. Chefs were there to make any egg dish desired. There was a buffet with a lot of hot and cold choices. There was a decent dinner menu with both Armenian (shashlik, barbecue, salads, soup) and continental choices (burgers, pizza, pasta.) We wanted to eat in the room and they kindly brought our food to us. Outside of Yerevan restaurants don't have English menus nor English speaking staff. I really appreciated being able to eat at the property.
Attached Images   

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 23, 2017 at 6:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.