Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:41 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by Overflow
Apparently the hotel itself will follow up with me/us tomorrow to talk about alternatives/compensation. I was told to call the Hyatt (888-848-9496) if I didn't hear anything by end of day tomorrow.

As just a Platinum member I am a little nervous about how far down the list i might be for them to follow up with....
This is bad news if true. The hotel itself isn't going to be offering us anything much but the same rate (opening discount) on a future stay. This does absolutely nothing to compensate us for redirecting our current vacations to another location or date or property.
Let's try this, every Hyatt Executive who has a vacation planned, let's cancel it within 30-60 days of checkin and tell them they are on their own for new flts, hotels etc. oh and let's make sure it was only for vacations planned around a long weekend (sorry but mine is first week of Sept) so July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years...canceled. See how upset they would get.

This is so absolutely ridiculous I am seriously considering getting the media involved.

I've already canceled my award flts for Cabo as I'm not staying in a Mexican Branded Alternative Property and I am still searching daily for comparable award flight tickets somewhere else to which I have yet to find.

I want my Hyatt GP points compensation exactly the same as they did for the Bahamas property failed opening date(s) so I can rebook this trip, at double the airline award points to Maui, Peurta Vallarta, Aruba etc.

Come on Hyatt folks, let's do the right thing here and soon. You've had more than enough time to make this right. Your continued silence on this is insulting...there is a problem a very big problem that you need to deal with. I just feel so bad for those that actually had a Honeymoon or Family reunion planned just sickening that they trusted you Hyatt for your word on the opening date(s).

Last edited by Bigshaker; Jul 13, 2015 at 9:47 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:39 pm

Agreed, for me they gave me notice about 40 days before my vacation to Cabo. I have 6 kids and getting all the schedules aligned to get this done is no easy feat. Its just wrong that Hyatt says "whoops" rebook everything because we got it all wrong WITHOUT any COMPENSATION.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:05 pm

They are very adamant about not offering any points. They did however, finally offered me a 2 night stay certificate for this property valid for a yr with blackout dates for all major US holidays. I thought this was better than nothing so I took it and can plan for a vacation there next year.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by giddyforpoints
They are very adamant about not offering any points. They did however, finally offered me a 2 night stay certificate for this property valid for a yr with blackout dates for all major US holidays. I thought this was better than nothing so I took it and can plan for a vacation there next year.
Thanks for the info. They requested my flight details so I sent those off and am awaiting a response. Hopefully they'll offer something similar.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:48 pm

No word yet on my reservations and/or compensation. They keep telling me that they don't have any updates, but they promised to give me a call back sometime this evening. Maybe they will keep their word....:-/
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:12 pm

The date was pushed out regularly from April to June, to July, to Aug, and now September. It only seems like recently any of the compensation offers have been causing such concern. Obviously there isn't a good track record here, but does it feel like Sept 15 is a solid date? If they were uncertain why not push back to October to buy some time rather than going through the complaints again next month if pushing back the Sept 15 date?

I have Nov 26 reservation. I think I'm safe, but always looking at alternatives.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:57 pm

It's unbelievably frustrating to know that our plans are in limbo, yet there's no way to go anywhere else (we had booked the holiday weekend), and we still have absolutely no clue what the alternate resort options or any other details are.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have not gotten a call or email until they actually knew what the heck was going on. Now it's been on my mind for days as I looked into every option to consider.

Forget compensating people to make-up for the cancellation, it's just the RIGHT thing to do to reassure your customers that you've got their backs. Instead, I'm stuck waiting with options to either 1) cancel my extended family's vacation, 2) attempt to salvage the planned dates with a last-minute trip elsewhere, or 3) go with an alternate venue that we still know NOTHING about.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:39 pm

So I cancelled my flights today... Hyatt emailed me and asked me to send me a copy of my original flight receipts despite the fact that I told them I received no benefit from a 250 change fee per ticket. Near as I can tell they wanted to see if I was actually intending to go there.... No word on compensation but we will see. I'm not hopeful.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:54 pm

Well Hyatt came through. They found us other accommodations at the Marquis Los Cabo, what looks to be a very nice place. The two nights that i was going to pay for, are confirmed at the same rate (even though rates at the new place are twice as much), and the one night that was going to be a reward night is complimentary and they are refunding my points.

While it was a frustrating experience, I am satisfied with the resolution.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:09 am

Nice to hear that. I cancelled my flights already as I wanted to stay at a Hyatt given my diamond status and promo points. We will see what happens, two days since they reached out and I am betting nothing will happen. Hopefully I will be surprised.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:32 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Nice to hear that. I cancelled my flights already as I wanted to stay at a Hyatt given my diamond status and promo points. We will see what happens, two days since they reached out and I am betting nothing will happen. Hopefully I will be surprised.
ZBigFam, the Marquis is Adults only no kids so that wouldn't have worked for you anyways. No one has gotten back to me this week yet. Silence. I already canceled my flts and booked a vac for later in the year completely different location. Thanks again Hyatt for the grief.

Last edited by Bigshaker; Jul 16, 2015 at 1:34 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:45 pm

They finally made me an offer. Free night certs for one room for 4 nights at the Ziva. I asked for 5 nights as we had two rooms booked for five nights previously. Hope they agree.

Last edited by ZBigFam; Jul 17, 2015 at 9:28 pm Reason: More info
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos (CLOSED to 9/15/2015)-REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

As in free nights?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if the property will offer free night certificates like the MBJ property did for guests who came in during the first few weeks.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101
As in free nights?
Yes free nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.