Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Philadelphia King of Prussia REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS

Any potential guest should be aware that ALL of the 1 bedroom suites are connecting to other rooms. I've never stayed at a Hyatt House, Hyatt Place or Residence Inn where there is such a configuration. The only rooms which are not connecting are some Studios. Years of experience have taught me to never take a connecting room due to inevitable noise.

I had to downgrade to a Studio at this hotel because of this. The front desk agent tried to tell me that there was no difference in price. Once in the Studio a quick check of Hyatt.com showed there was a substantial difference in rates, necessitating another trip down to the front desk.

The breakfast was outstanding. The addition of an omelet station to Hyatt House properties really separates these properties from their competitors.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thanks for this review. I've wondered how this property is but have always chosen the Plymouth Meeting one due to difference in cost.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I think the proximity to the KOP mall makes a huge difference here.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Recently completed a one-night stay here and overall was disappointed. I fully realize this is a limited service property but the whole check-in experience took very long, the agent couldn't find my reservation which I directly booked with Hyatt (?) and upon providing my confirmation number was told "we don't use those".

Got to my room, was upgraded to a hospitality suite of sorts with a large sitting area, separate bedroom and wet bar. Room backed to the turnpike and asked and was moved to a standard room which I originally booked.

My main complaint here is housekeeping. Both rooms had refrigerator contents belonging to a previous guest, and one even had hair/shaving trimmings from a former guest on the amenity tray and tissue box. Brought it to hotels attention, to their credit they apologized profusely and took $20 off my sub-$100 rate but still outrageous.

I'm no expert on the area, but I found the property reasonably well located and there are good shopping and dining options around the mall and surrounding area.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:22 pm

recent stay

hi,

recently had a few 1-night stays at this property in the last month. to clarify, this property is obviously different from the Hyatt Place KOP, which is about 1/2 mile away. i'll compare the 2 (since I stayed both).

this seems to be a rather popular hotel with schools, teams, etc. as others have mentioned, there is an abundance of eating areas within walking distance (not to mention the KOP mall, right across the street).

UPGRADE:

as diamond, I got the master king suite once and the 1 bedroom suite once. on other stays, the hotel was at capacity, so only got the room that I booked.

ROOMS:

I actually thought they were pretty nice. they remind me a lot of Marriott Residence Inn or Fairfield Inn rooms. Had kitchenettes, stove, utensils, etc. The master king suite was pretty nice, with a huge circular ottoman in the living area. I definitely prefer the Hyatt House rooms to Hyatt Place KOP's.

BREAKFAST:

this was their strongest point. they actually had a pretty nice spread, complete with made to order omelets. you won't be disappointed.

between the 2, I'd choose the Hyatt House over the Hyatt Place KOP for:

1. location
2. nicer rooms
3. better breakfast
4. lobby / pool table

the best thing the Hyatt Place had going for it was the staff and diamond amenities ($20 F&B credit, drink voucher).
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:51 pm

Stayed here a few nights. On weeknights, the Wi-Fi is all but unusable. Repeated dropped connections, timeout errors, you name it. Slower than the molasses in January. I ran a speed test around 7 am on a weekday morning, when it was sometimes a little more usable, and it clocked 3.26 Mbps down, 0.03Mbps up. The Web site of the Wi-Fi provider, under Client Support, states (somewhat ironically):

Originally Posted by Active Networks Client Support
Avoid business and guest connectivity downtime with award-winning technical support [...]

CURRENT SUPPORT PROGRAMS

CUSTOMER SUCCESS SERVICES
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.
APPLIANCE MAINTENANCE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.
My son appreciated the breakfast, and we both appreciated the location just north of King of Prussia Mall, but on the whole, suffice it to say, we hope not to stay in this property again.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Stayed here a few nights. On weeknights, the Wi-Fi is all but unusable. Repeated dropped connections, timeout errors, you name it. Slower than the molasses in January. I ran a speed test around 7 am on a weekday morning, when it was sometimes a little more usable, and it clocked 3.26 Mbps down, 0.03Mbps up. The Web site of the Wi-Fi provider, under Client Support, states (somewhat ironically):

My son appreciated the breakfast, and we both appreciated the location just north of King of Prussia Mall, but on the whole, suffice it to say, we hope not to stay in this property again.
This one needs the wifi upgrade that HH Shelton got.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
This one needs the wifi upgrade that HH Shelton got.
They charge for many things at this property which are freely given elsewhere, including bottled water, but when I asked about purchasing a higher speed connection, the employee looked at me like I was an idiot. We stayed on points (thankfully), and I no longer have any status with Hyatt, but they put us in a room on the turnpike side of the building, which is a bit noisy during rush hour, even with earplugs. I'm just glad I didn't waste any cash on this stay.

The property is tired. Reminds me of the Sacramento Doubletree.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Not the flagship of the fleet. Not even the Hyatt Place fleet.

Just reading the comments, I thought we were talking about the KoP Hyatt Place. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Mar 30, 2019 at 4:27 pm Reason: D'oh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.