Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"The Chase" - Game Chasing 3 Trunks Around the World

Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE

Just got an email about a new game from Hyatt/Chase in conjunction with the new possibilities promotion. Anyone else see this?

"Drop the work, it's time to play!

We're giving away millions of Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, free nights, elite tier status and more. Your mission chase three antique trunks around the world and experience how quickly your Hyatt Gold Passport points add up with our latest promotion.

Play The Chase now, because everyone is a winner!"

"NO PURCH. NEC. TO PLAY OR WIN. A PURCH. WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open only by invitation to select Hyatt Gold Passport members in good standing who are legal residents of any 1 of the 50 US, DC, or Canada (excluding Quebec) and age of majority+. Ends 10/31/13. Points depicted as earned during game play are fictional, and will not be added to your Hyatt Gold Passport account. Free nights and suite upgrades actually won via trunks are awarded as HGP points and are subject to the TERMS. All rewards actually won are subject to black-out dates, availability, and other restrictions. Void where prohibited. SUBJECT TO FULL GAME RULES at http://www.chasethepossibilities.com/rules.php. Odds of winning a particular game reward depend on # of game participants and selections made during game play. Odds of winning a sweepstakes prize depend on # of eligible entries received. Total ARV of all rewards offered in the game: USD$601,440 (CAD$619,484). ARV of 5 nights at any Hyatt property: USD$1100 (CAD$1133). Total ARV of all "5 nights" sweepstakes prizes offered: USD$6600 (CAD$6798). Point prizes have no actual cash value and the ARVs are based, in part, on the cost of points charged by third parties. Sponsor: Hyatt Corporation, 71 S. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60606."
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
What's interesting about this is that there is no guarantee that you'll get an entry into the sweepstakes. (It was one of the three choices for me.)
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Delta Diamond
I just received the email but none of the links work within that email.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by pkao

Had the same issue - used google for http://www.chasethepossibilities.com/
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Turkish Airlines Elite; Flying Blue Plat; Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Starwd/hilt GLD
I chose the following:

london
restaurant
spa
sao paulo
chicago
opened trunk

won a ...... 10% coupon
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by pkao
No email for me . . . Diamond w/a Chase card

Last edited by bdemaria; Sep 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Delta Diamond
Forgot my sequence but had all three trunks in play at the end

10% coupon
entry into sweepstakes
or
250 points
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
The game/promo isn't very well explained although that could have something to do with the email that was sent. Couldn't tell if this was a daily or one time only. Or if skill/memory was needed or if it was purely chance. I guess the details will come out eventually.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Turkish Airlines Elite; Flying Blue Plat; Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Starwd/hilt GLD
I played the game for fun to narrow down the choices. This is the combo that gets you to choose from all three trunks:

paris
hong kong
spa
las vegas
chicago

one of those 3 boxes likely contains a better prize than 10% off
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forget what choices I made but I only got 2 trunks - choice of 100 points or 15% off a stay. Went with the latter.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:40 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Can't remember my choices, but ended with two trunks. Enter to win 5 nights or 250 pts.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:49 pm

250/entry/10% off were mine.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:52 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ineligible . Perhaps targeted at people who use their chase Hyatt card more than me.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Status?

My husband is Diamond and has a Chase card. He was able to participate. Didn't win anything but an entry. I have the Chase card. Could not play. Daughter has no status and no card. Could not play.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt globalist, Hilton diamond
I received the e-mail to play, I haven't tried it yet. I am a diamond member with no chase card so having the credit card probably is not required.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.