Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place in Pensecola, FL REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed there ? I understand it is fairly new. Im interested in going for a couple of days with my wife and 17month old daughter. At only 5,000 pts a night, im thinking about paying additional for the Executive Suite. Its only a cat1 so not expecting much, but figure Id allow my 17 month old more room to run around.

Any thoughts on the location, or executive suite itself ?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
What does the Executive Suite get you? All Hyatt Place rooms are already junior suites. If the exec suite is a 1 bedroom, I could see that being worth it with older children but doesn't sound necessary for a 17 month old particularly if you are only going for a couple days.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Inside I can't help you with. But I did note the location last time I was in Pensacola just before the hotel opened.

Really is close enough to the terminal you could walk and skip the rental car till morning.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jayer
Inside I can't help you with. But I did note the location last time I was in Pensacola just before the hotel opened.

Really is close enough to the terminal you could walk and skip the rental car till morning.
Oh I just put two and two together that this is the airport Hyatt Place. Apparently it's open, but there seems to be construction still going on at least to the exterior of the building. Source: flew into PNS yesterday.

When are you planning to go? I don't know that I can tell you much more than what the lobby looks like, but I'd be happy to walk through and report back when I fly out of the airport again at the end of this month.

BTW, the location is NOT convenient to the beach, but if you're going in the off-season you shouldn't have an issue finding parking at public beach accesses.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
So a small trip review. I was there this week, yes, when we had tornadoes.

I had a new giirl at checkin. She was sweet, I gave her some pointers and helped her through the process. The room was great. New style. Love the fact they got rid of the useless cube wall. Full desk that transitions into a dresser, into a closet. Bathroom is now by the door, not other side of the room. I preferred the original sofa over the new choice. I love the full size mirror in the bath.

So I was there when we had thunderstorm and tornadoes. The staff did a great job keeping us in the know and herded together during the intense period.
Unfortunately, we ran out of food. I figure most likely due to everyone staying in and not going out for dinner.

Yes, the airport is walkable (from a fat non walking guy). Out the terminal, though a small garage, under a COVERED walkway to the hotel. Door to door, 4 minutes at most.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My sister is here right now trying to check out. It's pretty frustrating. The person that was working the desk was only filling in for someone else so she didn't know how to 1 - use a gift card and 2-change the credit card on file. So she had to wait for the actual person that works the front desk to come in. My sister, who needed to be gone, had to wait 45 mins to get all of this figured out! I'm quite frustrated by that. She has an 7-8 hour drive ahead of her and lost 45 mins for this. Even once the other woman got there, she spent another 15 mins undoing what the other woman did.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:58 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
passing through here on a road trip in May, and looking for rates.
love this rate for May 2024:

Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Parking for DeLoreans?
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:57 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Zorak
Parking for DeLoreans?
Ah, right, so it's 2115 to 2116

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.