Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin
$30 is ridiculous - especially considering maui is bare not even one mile inland. they're charging $30 because you have to have money to stay at places like this most of the time. $30 compared to $500 a night is nothing.
there's a big difference between ocean front property and inland property.

-David
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Still no pictures? I'll be there first week of October, I'll make sure to take pictures.
lots of complaining, just no pictures yet.

typical flyertalk.

-David
Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:25 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
there's a big difference between ocean front property and inland property.
If it makes people feel better about the $30 valet, I even had to pay $10/night at the Courtyard at OGG for SELF PARKING!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by dw
Exactly-- they are charging it b/c they can, just like any other property that has mandatory valet.

It's definitely along the lines of what other Wailea properties charge:

Marriott: Self-parking- free (part of resort fee); Valet: $30
Grand Wailea: Valet: $30
Fairmont Kea Lani: Self-parking- $15; Valet: $25
Four Seasons: Valet: $22
In total contrast to Grand Hyatt Kauai where self-parking is free. Why is Maui so special?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
One of the reviews on Tripadvisor mentions they play “clubish” music "ALL" night long in the common pool areas "which may be bothersome if your room is there". The image of the resort I had built up in my mind until reading this was of an architecturally interesting, luxurious resort with great rooms, views, and great staff. A place where you can hear the ocean.

That’s still probably all true, but I’m beginning to realize that my idealized version of what I want the Andaz Maui to be may, or may not be what it actually is. So... what exactly is the overall “vibe” of the resort?

I personally am looking for a quiet relaxed place (which it may be), not a “hip W hotel” sort of place (I'm not saying it is).

FWIW, I do like the other Andaz hotels I have stayed at (both of the NYC ones).

Last edited by schriste; Sep 6, 2013 at 1:36 pm Reason: clarify meaning
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by schriste
One of the reviews on Tripadvisor mentions they play “clubish” music ALL night long in the common pool areas (and Hawaiian music during the day). The image of the resort I had built up in my mind up until reading this was of an architecturally interesting, luxurious resort with great rooms, views, and great staff. Now I’m beginning to worry about the other side of the resort coin… loud music, noise and screaming kids running around. So… what is the overall “vibe”?
Who said anything about screaming kids? If you're worried about kids, there is an adult only pool. Also, "clubish" probably just means popular music. Is this such a horrible thing? And it's only at night. It's not like they are going to be blaring it so loudly that you won't be able to sleep.

Stop worrying about such petty things.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)
I just cut to the chase and booked myself straight into Andaz Suite using suite award nights and upgrades. Can not wait!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
lots of complaining, just no pictures yet.

typical flyertalk.

-David
I arrive this afternoon. I am not aware of a way to post photos from an iPhone to Flyertalk. Another poster mentioned the same. I will upload some photos to mile point this afternoon
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:39 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I arrive this afternoon. I am not aware of a way to post photos from an iPhone to Flyertalk. Another poster mentioned the same. I will upload some photos to mile point this afternoon
Post to a hosting service like image shak then just click the photo option (above) when posting and it will populate the HTML.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by funtrainsf
I just cut to the chase and booked myself straight into Andaz Suite using suite award nights and upgrades. Can not wait!
Chase free nights in a suite.. Did you use Upgrade certs or points on the balance of your reservation?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Sharks and $30 a day parking... I'm cancelling my Christmas reservations pronto! j/k
If you're into scuba, seeing sharks is a good thing
(although I'll be spooked if it's my first tiger shark)
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Chase free nights in a suite.. Did you use Upgrade certs or points on the balance of your reservation?
Did the Upgrade Certs with a AAA rate.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by funtrainsf
Did the Upgrade Certs with a AAA rate.
Perfect way to go.^

How many nights are you staying?

Regarding the overall vibe of the resort.. I'm not good with words.. but perhaps 'contemporary eclectic' is a description? Can't comment on the music as it was shut off when we visited. But, it was certainly a lively atmosphere.. the staff there was having a great time around the pool, and while dining at Ka'ana.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99
you post them to a photo sharing web site, then use the IMG tag here.

-David
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Perfect way to go.^

How many nights are you staying?

Regarding the overall vibe of the resort.. I'm not good with words.. but perhaps 'contemporary eclectic' is a description? Can't comment on the music as it was shut off when we visited. But, it was certainly a lively atmosphere.. the staff there was having a great time around the pool, and while dining at Ka'ana.
Sadly only 3 nights. But I expect them to be 3 wonderful nights/days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.