Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Bangalore MG Road - Bangalore, India REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:48 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Hello FlyerTalkers,

We are very excited to announce the opening of Hyatt Bangalore MG Road - Bangalore, India.

Centrally located in the heart of India’s silicon valley and situated close to the city’s business and shopping centre, Hyatt Bangalore MG Road offers spectacular views of the Ulsoor Lake and the cityscape. Hyatt Bangalore MG Road offers 143 well-appointed guestrooms as well as a selection of world class dining, available in the hotel’s two restaurants and bar. The hotel offers exclusive meeting and banquet venues as well as a state-of-the-art Business Centre, making it an ideal choice for the discerning traveler.

The property is available to book as of 01APR13.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello FlyerTalkers,

We are very excited to announce the opening of Hyatt Bangalore MG Road - Bangalore, India.

Centrally located in the heart of India’s silicon valley and situated close to the city’s business and shopping centre, Hyatt Bangalore MG Road offers spectacular views of the Ulsoor Lake and the cityscape. Hyatt Bangalore MG Road offers 143 well-appointed guestrooms as well as a selection of world class dining, available in the hotel’s two restaurants and bar. The hotel offers exclusive meeting and banquet venues as well as a state-of-the-art Business Centre, making it an ideal choice for the discerning traveler.

The property is available to book as of 01APR13.
^
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Summary TR

Great Location if you have meeting on MG Road.

- Had to call three times to arrange a car
- The rooms are very small and the boxed shower is really that, a small box
- The internet is idiotic and requires you to log on with one device at any one time.
- The waiting staff wears tee-shirts with stains of coffee, curry, tea... if you are going to wear a white tee-shirts, make sure you change if you spill something
- The design is fine but the finishing are rather lacking
- The restaurant is open air and it can be mildly cold in morning and evenings
- The pool was cold and disgusting. There were many things floating and I did not see anyone cleaning it in the morning. I appreciate that this is Bangalore and there is a lot of dust but not maintaining the pool does not seem an option
- I was asked if I had some laundry to pick up (I had the DND sign on and was getting ready to check out).

+ The staff tries hard

So unfortunately, not a property I will be happy to try again.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
Hyatt Bangalore

Hi - any recent stays at the Hyatt Bangalore ? Trip advisor reviews seem pretty grim. I have a stay booked from 17 aug - 22 aug but am now reconsidering specially if the rooms are as tiny as the TA reviews suggest.

Will be going by myself, business stay but working mainly at night (us hours) so fast internet and decent amenities are required. Am Hyatt diamond but loath to waste a suite upgrade here if the hotel is crappy.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I will be staying at the Hyatt Bangalore MG Road in a few weeks, and would appreciate any update.

I would also like advices on using the hotel airport transfer - do they offer private car airport pickup like other luxury hotels in Bangalore do?

Your advices and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:58 pm

I have stayed at this property on two occasions and there will not be a 3rd. I would avoid this location. It does not meet Hyatt standards.

The rooms a small, the hotel is not maintained to Hyatt standards and does not have proper sound insulation (the temple nearby is very noisy at 430am).

There are better choices in Bangalore such as Leela Palace, Oberoi, ITC Gardenia and Windsor. I also hear the new JW Marriott is nice.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks so much PDXTRVLER for your advices.

I am in the process of moving over to the Leela Palace which is my first choice anyhow, but it was shown as sold out before. There is room there now, so I should be good.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sapguy
I will be staying at the Hyatt Bangalore MG Road in a few weeks, and would appreciate any update.

I would also like advices on using the hotel airport transfer - do they offer private car airport pickup like other luxury hotels in Bangalore do?

Your advices and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I just stayed there for 5 nights. I would not stay here. The management is really nice but the rooms are super cramped - the only acceptable room is the suite and you would have to use a DSU for it.

The SPA and attendants are a joke if you ever use it.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Any recent experiences here? If not the Hyatt, any decent substitutes in BLR?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, UA, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I stayed here for a few days back in March and it was fine. Since it was a business trip, I didn't expect much except a nice clean room, decent breakfast and ok location. This hotel met or exceeded these.

Honestly though, with the traffic in Bangalore, I would suggest you stay at whatever hotel is closest to your destination. Or alternatively, you could stay here even if further out, if your in need of Hyatt points.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I had a 2-night stay back in May. Recent enough I suppose.

I'm not an expert on Bangalore, but, the hotel seems pretty well located. There's a shopping mall right next to the hotel which is convenient.

Rooms are tiny. There are suites, which I know nothing about, but no other room categories in between so I assume that even diamonds end up with the same tiny standard room but probably on higher floors. I would say that the design and amenities in the room are below Hyatt standards.

Staff were all super-nice, and that was a big plus in my book. Any request was answered quickly and with a smile. For example: the first room I got was very noisy so I called the front desk to change - and they sent a manager (!) right away to help me with the transfer to another room on the same floor. He was very kind and made sure I was happy with the new room.

There's no club. Breakfast at the restaurant wasn't excellent, but, good enough.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
My wife recently stayed here.

- Rooms are small but the grounds and staff do a good job.

Depending on where your working you may want to make the hotel proximity the key decision maker.

BTW due to an EK flight delay EK got her a room at the Sheraton and she said it had much bigger rooms and beautiful grounds, staff there was top notch.

Overall Hyatts in India have been hit or miss for her.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:18 pm

Just stayed here and probably my worst Hyatt stay in a while. Considering the hotel is just over 2 years old the property is not being well maintained. Lots of wear and tear and it just looks more run down that I would have expected. As noted rooms are very small think like NY hotel small and since the rooms are small you hear the noises from the hallways and of course the temple at 4.30am, not a problem for me since I was up with jetlag and off to the gym but might bother others :-) Overall disappointed and I would not choose the hotel again. Stayed at 4 Hyatts now in India (Delhi, Gurgaon, GH Mumbai and Bangalore). Its been 3 years since staying in GH Mumbai but would say that was the best but Gurgaon (great suite upgrade at Gurgaon and great staff) and Delhi were both good with Bangalore being by far the worst.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by cmanc
Just stayed here and probably my worst Hyatt stay in a while. Considering the hotel is just over 2 years old the property is not being well maintained. Lots of wear and tear and it just looks more run down that I would have expected. As noted rooms are very small think like NY hotel small and since the rooms are small you hear the noises from the hallways and of course the temple at 4.30am, not a problem for me since I was up with jetlag and off to the gym but might bother others :-) Overall disappointed and I would not choose the hotel again. Stayed at 4 Hyatts now in India (Delhi, Gurgaon, GH Mumbai and Bangalore). Its been 3 years since staying in GH Mumbai but would say that was the best but Gurgaon (great suite upgrade at Gurgaon and great staff) and Delhi were both good with Bangalore being by far the worst.
Actually forgot for those who are interested (I know probably no-one) I've also stayed at GH Goa which was also a good property and stay and would probably rank just behind GH Mumbai from my stays.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I've just finished a 5 night stay there. I used a DSU to get a suite, was given one on the 5th floor with a huge outdoor garden area (2 sunloungers, then a table and chairs, then 2 more loungers!). Suite was a decent size, lounge area had a 3 seater sofa and a one seater sofa, dining table / desk with a couple of chairs, fair bit of space between. TVs were surprisingly small for a suite in a modern hotel, and quite old + slow. Overall condition of the room and the corridors wasn't as good as you'd expect - they seem to be skimping on maintenance as others have noted.

Food in the Pink Poppadom was excellent, best modern Indian cuisine I've had in a long time, and very reasonably priced too. Staff there friendly and helpful, but not always the easiest to understand, but they did try! Room service food was great too, I think it might be the same kitchen. Breakfast was in the other restaurant, and only average.

Gym was rather small, but new equipment. Pool looked nice, but wasn't heated, so I only had a very quick and cold swim. Didn't notice anyone else braving it! Internet was great on arrival at 6am, then got worse that day. Seemed to get better again after I complained.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.