Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond

The Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur is open (as of Aug 24th)

Last night a had a grand tour of this long awaited property. Everything is open and operating, including the Grand Club, pool, gym, spa, and three restaurants and bars.

The Lobby is located on 38M and provides impressive views of the Petronas Twin Towers and sounding lake. There is also a restaurant on 38 named THIRTY8 where a buffet breakfast is served. At lunch and at dinner the restaurant is is a la carte.

The rooms are on floors 17-36. I saw a preferred view standard room. The design is similar to the Grand Hyatt Shenzhen/Guangzhou with floor to ceiling windows, rain showers, etc. The deluxe rooms are larger and located in the corners of the building. The suites are staggered with the presidential suit being located on floor 36

I'm not sure what floor the Grand Club is on but it seemed reasonably sized and well appointed with the preferred view.

The pool area is located on the 2 floor (outside) and is very nicely done with a large bar area. I think is considered one of the three restaurants.

The main restaurant, JP teres is on the ground level and is an open kitchen concept. It provide both indoor and outdoor seating with a large bar area.

After 64 year to date KL Hilton nights, this property will bring a breath of fresh air to my, and all of us Hyatt fans, KL travel.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Mad4Miles

After 64 year to date KL Hilton nights, this property will bring a breath of fresh air to my, and all of us Hyatt fans, KL travel.
The DoubleTree is a very nice Hilton property and takes very good care of Gold/Diamond members and the pricing is far more reasonable compared to Grand Hyatt. Going to try to GH, however, when I am in Kuala Lumpur sometime in the next two months.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Thanks for update and look forward to more. im in KUL in January and seriously considering this hotel having struggled to choose something from the rest (favouring Westin at the mo)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
I want to try this hotel since I am KL based but at opening, the rates are too high. I am not familiar with Hyatt Chain, is this consider normal Hyatt rates? Everyday pass by this hotel, looks stunning!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Thumbs down

I am currently staying at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur. This has got to be the worst newly opened Hyatt hotel I have ever been to. it is so bad to the extent that I have decided not to review this hotel.

Robert -- If you are not ready to open the hotel, don't open it!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by kuponuts
I am currently staying at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur. This has got to be the worst newly opened Hyatt hotel I have ever been to. it is so bad to the extent that I have decided not to review this hotel.

Robert -- If you are not ready to open the hotel, don't open it!
please let us know what were your troubles! We need to be aware especially of the shortfalls of this property, so we can choose to avoid it....
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, please provide us with a review or at least the things that aren't functioning yet. We are probably smart enough to figure out if these can easily be corrected.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:57 am

[Deleted by original author]

Last edited by kuponuts; Sep 2, 2012 at 11:38 am
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:59 am

Last edited by kuponuts; Sep 2, 2012 at 11:39 am
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:59 am

Last edited by kuponuts; Sep 2, 2012 at 11:39 am
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:19 am

Last edited by kuponuts; Sep 2, 2012 at 11:40 am
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:43 am
Suspended

Just for clarification, the upcoming St Regis is not located near the new Grand Hyatt but at Sentral.

The St Regis signage which you saw is actually a sales office for the St Regis Reidences at Sentral.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by mario33
Just for clarification, the upcoming St Regis is not located near the new Grand Hyatt but at Sentral.

The St Regis signage which you saw is actually a sales office for the St Regis Reidences at Sentral.
Thanks Mario33! I have corrected the original passage.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:43 am

Sorry everyone!

I decided to stand on my original decision of not posting my review of Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur. I think the management deserves time to redeem themselves. I apologize for deleting my own posts above.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What's the bribe they offered you
Nothing earth-shattering when I read them....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.