Wiki Posts
Search

VIP Code

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2002, 8:02 am
SDK
Original Poster

VIP Code

During my last check-in to a Hyatt hotel, I saw on the computer screen that there is a VIP code:xx in my profile. Anyone have any idea what it means? Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2002, 8:11 am

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
NO, but I know they do print off and track each guest, just as they do on an airline flight. Would be interesting to know how the VIP codes are listed...
Old Mar 25, 2003, 2:02 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I once saw a list of guests in the RC, it had VIP levels from nothing over 1 to 9.
Diamond seemed to be 4.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:15 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
I would like to know whether they have different Vip codes for high revenue/longstanding diamonds to indicate whether there is a really frequent guest arriving or just a comped?
Old Mar 31, 2003, 2:38 pm

I have no idea of what my VIP code is at any Hyatt, but my curiosity is piqued as to what difference it could possibly make after check-in. Irrespective of my "VIP code" I can't think of a single thing the hotel can do to enhance my stay. Some of the concierges in the Regency Club are cordial while others are extremely gracious and warm to everyone; room service is always brought ASAP; dry cleaning is always returned as promised and the valet brings me a car as soon as he's serviced the people ahead of me.

Seriously, how could the experience be different at any Hyatt whether you're a 1 or a 9 once you've been assigned your room? I'm not asking sarcastically since several posters have stated there is a VIP code, I'm just curious why and what difference it makes.

Craigg
Old Mar 31, 2003, 5:53 pm

You might want to take a look at this link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/006758.html
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:51 am

Programs: OWEm (lifetime OWSapph x2), lifetime *G
VIP Code

Hi,

During check in today I noticed a "V2" mentioning under "VIP Code" on the staff's screen. I assume it's some kind of internal classication beyond the usual Gold Passport elite status. An older posting under the same subject suggests Hyatt classifies between V1~9 and Diamonds are usually V4. I do have Diamond status so maybe it's not just that. I'm not sure if V2 is higher or lower than V4 to start with... Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

silver
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
If it is true, i can't imagine V2 being on the low side, how can they even come up with a system to classify 7 different levels above diamond, who would be at the top, the president?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:49 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Has been discussed in many forums. Levels are generally 1-7, 1 being the highest, 7 being the lowest. I am at the Grand Hyatt Cairo as a V2 (I took a look at the daily briefing sheet when the concierge was actioning a request for me).

1 is for royalty, celebrities etc. I imagine you are VIP2 as a Diamond, and a return guest.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: Chairman USAirways, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Global Serv, Hertz Presidents
The other posts are a bit off in their answer. I can confirm that Hyatt uses V1-V8 to classify its guests.

V1 is infact for high profile people as well as hyatt execs and other company execs
V2 is for VIP of the hotel itself, not so much of Hyatt as a company. Sometimes a diamond member can get a V2 based upon the hotel
V3 is the normal diamond classification
V4-V7 are for different categories of sales that will place people in.
V8 is a person who has had a problem at a hotel and the hotel has an alert to look out for this person as they have had issues at another property before or complain often.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
I agree with niketrev. There are too many speculations with the other posts. I have spoken to Hyatt people before -- and not just one. The number is not so much a VIP ranking system, but merely a classification code.

I suspect that people assumed that the numbers had something to do with VIP ranking because those who were V8 got special treatment. In fact, they got special treatment because they complained on their last stay, and the hotel is trying their best to please their guest.

From what I heard, there is one and only one VIP ranking system -- Goldpassport Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Lifetime Diamond and Courtesy (you have to be the owner of the hotel property or something similar to get this card).

Originally Posted by niketrev
The other posts are a bit off in their answer. I can confirm that Hyatt uses V1-V8 to classify its guests.

V1 is infact for high profile people as well as hyatt execs and other company execs
V2 is for VIP of the hotel itself, not so much of Hyatt as a company. Sometimes a diamond member can get a V2 based upon the hotel
V3 is the normal diamond classification
V4-V7 are for different categories of sales that will place people in.
V8 is a person who has had a problem at a hotel and the hotel has an alert to look out for this person as they have had issues at another property before or complain often.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:16 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
PHS certainly use the numbers to indicate the status of VIP. Royalty, Pop stars and celebrities were VIP1, of which there were many because of the hotel's boutique nature and privacy they had contracts with Universal and other major entertainment labels.

Last edited by m0hamed; Dec 2, 2022 at 12:56 am
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by niketrev

Next Hyatt DO t-shirt slogan: "Wow, I could have BEEN a v-8!"
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:13 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Next Hyatt DO t-shirt slogan: "Wow, I could have BEEN a v-8!"
Lol that's a good one.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: OWEm (lifetime OWSapph x2), lifetime *G
Guys, thanks for the clarification. Good to hear I'm getting treated well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.