Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

XX12S - Bonus Airline (Most) Miles - up to 24500 miles / 11 stays - 5/1-8/31/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:57 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Using AA for the example:

http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=AA12S - promo link with signup

More stays means 5X more miles and even more rewards

Make your next stay with Hyatt even more rewarding. Earn 4X more American Airlines AAdvantageŪ miles after your 2nd and 3rd eligible stay and 5X more AAdvantage miles after your 4th through 11th eligible stay*, at any participating Hyatt hotels from May 1– August 31, 2012.

Stays

Earning per Stay
2 – 3 - 4X miles

4 – 11 - 5X miles

To participate in this promotion:
•Join Hyatt Gold PassportŪ and register on this page or by calling 1-800-30-HYATT (provide promotion code AA12S)
•Stay at any Hyatt hotel between May 1- August 31, 2012
•Book an Eligible Rate during each stay
•Ask to earn AAdvantage miles for your stay, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport number and AAdvantage number when you check in

Plus, you could also achieve Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum status by your 5th eligible stay – giving you access to exclusive benefits like complimentary Internet, late checkout, and more. 1

* Earning is capped at 24,500 miles per member or 11 qualified stays. Guest must choose between points or miles –select miles for the AAdvantage miles offer OR select Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points.

1 Stays for which Travel Partner miles are chosen instead of Hyatt Gold Passport points will count toward Platinum membership qualification when member pays an Eligible Rate and provides a valid Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation or check-in.
T&Cs

More stays means 5X more miles and even more rewards
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to participate in the Hyatt Summer Airline Promotion (“Promotion”), you must be a member of Hyatt Gold Passport and a member of the American Airlines AAdvantageŪ program.

HOW TO REGISTER: Between April 1, 2012 and August 31, 2012 (“Promotion Period”), you can register for Promotion via hyatt.com/ AASUM12A or by calling 1-800-228-3360 and requesting enrollment code AA12S. You must register in advance for stays to qualify. Stays completed before registration are not eligible. You only need to register once.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: After registering for the Promotion, complete two (2) or more stays at any participating Park HyattŪ, AndazŪ, Grand HyattŪ, Hyatt RegencyŪ, HyattŪ, Hyatt PlaceŪ , Hyatt House™ or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide between May 1, 2012 and August 31, 2012 (“Stay Period”) and request AAdvantage miles for each Eligible Stay. You must provide your AAdvantage number at check-in for each Eligible Stay. For each Eligible Stay during the Stay Period, you will earn the AAdvantage miles as summarized in the chart below. An Eligible Stay is a stay at a participating hotel during the Stay Period with at least one (1) Eligible Night during the stay and request AAdvantage miles for each stay. For the purpose of this Promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as one (1) night at any participating hotel or resort at an Eligible Rate when choosing AAdvantage miles as the method of loyalty reward upon check-in at a participating Hyatt property and paying an Eligible Rate (as defined below). Award nights do not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for the room they physically occupy, regardless of the number of paid rooms. Only stays that occur after registration for Promotion will be counted as Eligible Stays.
Participating Airlines and their signup links:

Air France-KLM Flying Blue
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=KF12S

ANA Mileage Club
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=NH12S

American Airlines AAdvantage
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=AA12S

British Airways Executive Club
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=BA12S

China Eastern
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=MU12S

Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=DL12S

Etihad Guest
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=EY12S

Lufthansa Miles & More
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=LH12S

Qatar Airways – Privilege Club
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=QR12S

Southwest Airlines – Rapid Rewards
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=WN12S

United Airlines – Mileage Plus
http://hyatt.com/gp/en/partnerpromo/..._mbr_src=UA12S
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
For most:

Southwest:

Last edited by holtju2; Apr 27, 2012 at 8:56 am
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
This promo probably works best for folks who do low cost stays at Hyatt Place/House properties where the rates are around $100 or less. Doesn't seem to make much sense if you are staying at expensive full service hotels.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeeves
This promo probably works best for folks who do low cost stays at Hyatt Place/House properties where the rates are around $100 or less. Doesn't seem to make much sense if you are staying at expensive full service hotels.
Best for one night stays as the promo is based on stays and not nights.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:19 am
Original Poster

What I'm not clear on is whether or not you need to choose Airline miles for the 1st stay or if you are allowed to choose GP points. This directly affects me since we have a 5 night stay starting 5/4 which makes sense to credit to GP followed by 3 1-night stays at Hyatt house which would makes sense to credit to Airline miles.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
What I'm not clear on is whether or not you need to choose Airline miles for the 1st stay or if you are allowed to choose GP points. This directly affects me since we have a 5 night stay starting 5/4 which makes sense to credit to GP followed by 3 1-night stays at Hyatt house which would makes sense to credit to Airline miles.
Couldn't you just credit the firs stay to points and then sign up for the airline bonus?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Can I sign up for more than one program?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by holtju2
Couldn't you just credit the firs stay to points and then sign up for the airline bonus?
I hope so - but the table that you posted above might indicate otherwise. I've PMed the Gold Passport Concierge for clarification.

Originally Posted by efox
Can I sign up for more than one program?
I'm not sure but my guess would be that you can - but you won't be able to double dip in two programs - another words - if you have 15 stays in the period - you can credit 11 to program A and then register for the 2nd one and credit the remaining 4 to program B.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
I hope so - but the table that you posted above might indicate otherwise. I've PMed the Gold Passport Concierge for clarification.
I don't think it will work that way. I think we'll have to take the fixed miles with the first stay before we can get the bonus miles.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Based on my experiences from the last time Hyatt had a promo with AA, the stays always posted as points (even though I would ask for miles at the hotel), then I called up CS, they would change to miles. Thus, I don't think it will be an issue at all. I mixed and matched points and miles throughout the promo period...whichever made more sense for me.

Last edited by peteropny; Apr 27, 2012 at 1:44 pm Reason: Fixed quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenbo
I don't think it will work that way. I think we'll have to take the fixed miles with the first stay before we can get the bonus miles.
Originally Posted by zacktravel
Based on my experiences from the last time Hyatt had a promo with AA, the stays always posted as points (even though I would ask for miles at the hotel), then I called up CS, they would change to miles. Thus, I don't think it will be an issue at all. I mixed and matched points and miles throughout the promo period...whichever made more sense for me.
Based on the response that I just got:

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
I have double checked the information with Gold Passport management. You do have to choose airline credit for the first stay during the promotional period for it to count towards the bonus. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.
I'm guessing that the first trigger (after registering for the promo) is the first stay with the fixed miles - then subsequently the bonus miles kick in. I guess you can mix and match afterwards.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:02 pm

is this only useful, for flights or will this promo mean extra points ?
i just didnīt need miles...

i have around 20 nights in August @ hyatt hotels...

Greetings
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
Is this mileage promotion in lieu of a points promotion?

Or are people expecting another points promotion?

If I stay three nights @ $160/night and choose points at a full line Hyatt, then as Diamond I get approximately 4k Hyatt points (+/-, just based on my experience).

So getting 2500 UA miles (500*5) doesn't really stack up to 4k GP points.

Am I thinking of this correctly?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: status-less.
Nicely matched to my travel pattern this summer. Thank you, peteropny, for posting this; extra miles are always great!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by mcavin
Is this mileage promotion in lieu of a points promotion?

Or are people expecting another points promotion?
These types of airline promos come up a few times each year. I have no inside information but I wouldn't expect this to replace a GP points promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.