Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric (Avia) Woodlands REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond

Checked in this past Saturday night for a one night stay. I was able to use a Diamond suite upgrade. I had called the hotel directly in advance and was told that this would be to a lux suite. I also requested a pool view.

At check in we received a Grand Suite room. So much for a suite, all you get is an extra sitting area, no extra room, no divider. Probably the worst suite upgrade ever received, not worth spending a diamond suite upgrade in my opinion.

The property is very nice, well decored and modern. The infinity pool and hot tub are on the 2nd floor balcony, nice touch.

Had to ask whether there was a Diamond amenity and was told the concierge would be in touch. Never spoke to the concierge. I will have to follow up like always on this with GP CS.

The room was nicely decorated and the best feature was the large shower, other than that not much better than a Hyatt Place room. We had a view of the roof. Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room was excellent.

The workout room is very small with a few treadmills, one elliptical and some free weights. Better get there early if you want a machine.

Breakfast was decent. Sunday morning spread of cold and a separate hot display. The hot food was barely warm. For $25 per person, I would have been disappointed.

I believe valet was $19, but you can park anywhere in the market place as long as you find a spot.

The location is great with excellent shopping and food choices within easy walking distance.

The staff was average, front desk clerk at check in never smiled, 3 or 4 valet bellman that would rather talk than open doors for you.

We were awakened at 7am by room service knocking over and over again. I answered and told them I did not order room service. Evidently the order was for the room 2 floors down. I spoke with the manager on duty and she resolved the problem to my satisfaction. Based on this, I would stay here again.

Last edited by soonerfanatic; Oct 27, 2011 at 8:44 pm Reason: Title edit
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Had a recent a stay at the Avia Woodlands, well it is now rebranded to Hyatt Market Street (op should we change the name of this thread?). Anyways, was able to use a suite upgrade and snatch a Lux Suite with a Patio. Incredible! The patios suite are located one the third floor and has a wonderful view if Market Street. This one was right above the the fire pits. There are only 4 lux Suites with Patio and is really like upgrading up to three tiers of room!

I must say out of the entire stay the concierge was so helpful and accommodating! He went above and beyond! And has the coolest nickname. It's Roc! So make sure to ask him by name!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Solid property

I recently stayed here and had an extremely pleasant stay. Employees were courteous and seemed happy to help. Definitely felt like a Hyatt.

This is a small, boutique-y hotel (only 70 rooms). The suites are very reasonably priced... the Grand suite was only $20 more than the base room and the Luxury Patio suite (which I booked) only $40 more. I don't know whether that pricing always applies, but when it does it would seem to not make it a good idea to use a suite upgrade.

The interior of the suite looked similar to what you might expect in a W hotel. Dark colors and violet. The bathroom was spacious, but only had a shower. When I inquired, I was told that only the top 3 suites in the hotel have bathtubs. I know that many business hotels are getting rid of bathtubs, but this hotel seems rather upscale and has rates > $300--so a bit of an odd choice. Plus, there seemed to be a lot of wasted space in the bathroom. Overall, this would be my only complaint.

As far as the location goes, this could be a set for the sequel to the Truman Show. The hotel is part of a very upscale retail development that someone tried to turn into something resembling a good old Main Street USA. Except with Tiffany's and upscale chain stores. Well, it's Houston
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
I've stayed here twice on business trips to The Woodlands in the past few and it has become my new hotel of choice. I had been staying at the Marriott Waterway, but they didn't have a room available so I got booked at the Hyatt instead and it was a pleasant surprise. I thought the service has been superb. The valet/bellmen are quick to open the door for me when I'm coming or going and I ate at the Sunday brunch one day and it was fantastic. There were only a couple other people in there and they went to get a chef for the omelette bar and it was the best omelette I'd ever had - very high quality cheese and ingredients - not your basic cheddar. They also made me pancakes and they were very light and fluffy and just perfect. I'll probably be disappointed because it won't be as good on future trips. I like the iHome radio in the room and I've had rooms on the 4th floor overlooking the pool and Market St both times. The minibar has high quality liquor - patron tequila for example. I haven't used the minibar and I actually had a charge on my last bill even though I never touched or moved anything. At checkout I brought it up and the lady happily removed it in about 5 seconds with no questions asked. Great hotel ^
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Follow up post on my last couple of stays here. I stayed here in January and was given one of the top suites as a complimentary upgrade - room 511- (as a platinum member!) - bathroom was as large as some hotel rooms I've stayed in - huge soaking tub with rubber ducky, complimentary his & her deodorants, huge walk in shower with multiple showerheads, separate bedroom, living room, outdoor patio overlooking pool.

The customer service at this property has been fantastic. I'm going to sign up for the diamond challenge and I hope that I can get the same type of suite with a suite upgrade.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:21 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Fantastic five-night stay back in February. Checking in as a Diamond, we were upgraded to a very fantastic suite with a balcony overlooking the street which fronts the hotel. Housekeeping visited the room a couple of times a day to freshen things up. Breakfast in the restaurant was fantastic with superior service. The head chef even came out to talk to us. Very friendly service. Great location. Free parking. The one and only negative is that it was eventually time to leave
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:19 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Super two-night (1 paid, 1 award) stay this past week. Even though the website showed no suites available (and WoH rules clearly state that if you use a free night certificate than No Upgrade For You ) I was upgraded to a nice corner suite with balcony and patio.

The hotel thoughtfully placed a welcome amenity (fruit and cheese tray, and a bottle of fancy sparkling water) in the room. Breakfast in the restaurant was fabulous. I mentioned to the staff that their restaurant was great during prior visits, but now they have raised the bar a notch or two. They said it was due to the new chef who came on board a few months ago.

Parking is plentiful and free. Lots of things to see and do within walking distance.

I already had a high opinion of this wonderful hotel. That opinion went even higher due to the recent stay. Physical product, location, service : all top notch.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: hyatt diamond
I really love this hotel.
It is one of the nicer Hyatt centrics and it is a category 4 so I can use my awards.
I have stayed here quite a bit and they always upgrade me as a globalist.
Just sharing a positive experience, I feel like sometimes I just share negative experiences.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:28 pm

Can anyone PM me the vip / guest services manager contact info for this property? I have a last minute anniversary stay here Friday I’d like to touch about. Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
Have stayed multiple times over the past few months to visit a client in the neighborhood. I'm only an Explorist however I guess I was spotted as a regular after a few visits and I was upgraded to a suite on subsequent visits. Overall I found the hotel very comfortable, and the staff eager to please and be of service. The hotel and the neighborhood it's in are more leisure oriented than for business, and that meant I had the run of the place to myself in the morning, or just about, including one or two attentive waiters with nothing else to do during breakfast... Plenty of very good restaurants within walking distance as well.

The pool area was very quiet when I visited, so I made it my after-hours office. Nothing like working outside with a cocktail and some snacks.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Had a recent stay at this property and was impressed at the Globalist treatment. I was pre-upgraded to the Centric Suite (largest room) with 1.5 bathrooms. They also had a nice chocolate/fruit/snack amenity and kind note left out for me as well. The room was fantastic with more space than I needed for a 1-night stay. Breakfast in the morning was tasty, but slow. It took approximately 15 minutes for my smoothie to come out after ordering and then 5 minutes later my main entree came out and I was the only person in the breakfast area eating. Regardless it was still a great stay and I plan on returning.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 11:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Had my globalist qualifying stay (from explorist) so probably not as great as it would have been starting now. However, I will say I'm happy with the property. Warm reception had booked a suite on the 4th floor. Room was large, good bathroom, and the AC worked REALLY well. Internet could have been better as I used my hotspot most of the time, could barely take a teams call with video. Bar is nicely appointed with friendly staff that will make most cocktails. The pool area is nice, especially after the sun goes down. The area around the property is typical outdoor mall with just about every high-end chain you can imagine. We didn't eat at the hotel at all, so can't comment on that. Parking is easy just right behind the hotel. One cool thing, Fall Out Boy was playing at the Ampitheater across the street one night, so we got to enjoy drinks by the pool and faintly hear the concert which was fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.