Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Sierra) Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond

Just returned from my first stay here so I will provide a brief trip report.

Great location, easy access to I-90 and Factoria area.

As a Diamond member, I was recognized at check in. Front desk offered a $5 pantry coupon or 500 GP points. I was told that I was upgraded, although the room did not seem much different than the Guestroom King pictures on the property website.

The room was clean and well decorated. Gilchrist and Soames products which are not my favorite. The current 5K for 3 stays promo card is marketed in the room. Internet access is free for all, wired and wireless.

Workout room is average, one leg extension machine, one ab crunch machine, free weights up to 50lb dumbbells (hate this, why can't a workout room be equipped for strong people? either have machines or free weights more than 50lbs. ) 2 elliptical machines and 3 treadmills, 2 bikes. Indoor pool is nice, hot tub is lukewarm

Very comfortable soft bed ^. Coffee machine with decaf and regular packages.

The room doors slam hard. I was awakened at 2am.

Did not try the breakfast buffet, but it was offered to me for free at checkin as a Diamond benefit.

Only had one encounter with a staff member at checkin, but he did a great job at CS and seemed pretty knowledgeable about GP.

Overall, better than the normal HP properties, but nothing real special here. I might stay here again.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
I stayed here last Friday night (11/11). I went hotel hopping a few last hits for the U.S. Airways Grand Slam during my visit to Seattle (and Blaine, Washington for my NEXUS interview).

When I checked-in, the front desk clerk recognized my Hyatt Diamond status and asked for my choice of Diamond amenity: 500 Hyatt Gold Passport points or a $5 market credit. With no desire to eat an overpriced bag of candies or a drink, I took the points. The clerk was also able to tie my US Airways number to the stay.

I booked a king bed studio and received one.

The kitchenette

I woke up rather late so I came in to the breakfast area right at its official close time (10AM), so it meant that they had stopped putting out more food. Since I was going to be meeting a friend for lunch, this wasn't that much of a problem. I was able to grab a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee and be on my way.

(The permanent home for this hotel stay report is my blog.)
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I come back from Seattle and stay one night here. Arrived late and departed early, because I went skiing for the day at Crystal mountain.
The room was small and comfortable (although the bath products were not exceptional).
I had to leave at 7am and the breakfast area wasn't open before 7, so I was told I cannot take breakfast. However I push my luck and was able to grab some bagels, french toast and coffee. The breakfast buffet seems to be very complete.
I came back the afternoon to take my bag before my flight (a red eye with depart at 11.50pm) and then my experience was not very good. I know they didn't have to do anything for me as I was no longer a hotel guest but I had expected a bit more. Was not able to use the hotel facilities (business center or pool), and although they are supposed to offer a free shuttle, the only thing the front desk clerk was able to do was calling a taxi (to go to a bus station at 5 minutes, of course I didn't expect a free shuttle to SEA airport which is a 35-40 minutes drive...).
I don't think I will come back, many better option in Seattle or even Bellevue...
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Chase CC points

Word of warning. If you use your Hyatt Chase cc here, the transaction will post as "Hotel Sierra" and you will not receive the 3 points per dollar spent.

I followed up with Chase and received this back. This is due to the terms stating:

You will earn 3 Hyatt Gold Passport® points for each $1 USD of eligible net purchases made at participating Hyatt locations where "Hyatt" appears as the merchant on your monthly transaction statement.

I have contacted the hotel management and asked them to fix this. Also cc'd gold passport and the hyatt concierge.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Errr - another Hotel that does not meet the Hyatt standard even though it's fairly new.

1) I called ahead of time asked if they have separate shampoo and conditioner and if it is Portico Spa. I was told they have separate shampoo and conditioner and have not switched over, still on Gilchrist and Soames. WRONG! Gilchrist and Soames true but econo bottles mounted on the wall and no separate shampoo and conditioner. The "conditioning shampoo" is more drying than my dish soap at home! I simply cannot believe the hotel front desk is sooooo clueless about such a simple question. To add insult to injury, the nearest Rite Aid and Safeway did not have any travel size conditioner - i am not gonna buy a regular size bottle for one use and then toss it at the airport.

2) Internet is sooooooooo slow, my iPhone is faster. Did a speed test and 40kbps down and 28 kbps up (yes kbps not mbps), with 5 bars of WLAN signal. Syncing Outlook took so long that I should have driven to the nearest Starbucks. I probably could have done my email and get back before I finished syncing Outlook in the room.

3) room is super small - no upgrade and no love for this Diamond. The room size is like one of those efficiency room in Asia. I can't even fully pull the chair from the desk because it would hit the bed.

4) no phone on the desk, phone is by the bed - hmmm, this is a business hotel and they expect that I have a conference call laying on the bed?!

5) poorly insulated windows - even with windows fully shut, and two layers of drapes, I can hear the road noise from highway, loud enough that I can't fall asleep. Oh when neighbors use water or shower, you can hear the gushing sound of the pipe
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Just had a stay here and thought I'd give an update. I must also tell you that while this hotel does have some things to improve upon, offering DirecTV HD boxes (with menu guide) in each room is awesome and something I realized I've only ever seen at the new(ish) Hyatt House Denver airport (although they might have had Dish Network). Anyway, I hope more Hyatt House locations follow suit!

The Good:

* As previously mentioned, each TV has a DirecTV HD box, so not only is almost every channel in real HD, but they get like 12 HBO channels (all in HD, I think).

* Above-average hotel quality for Hyatt House, although perhaps to be expected since it was a Hotel Sierra & not a Sommerfield Suites

* Good location, as it's right off two interstates & 5 minutes from a shopping mall with plenty of restaurants

* Good staff (in my interactions)

The Bad

* Hotel still has slower internet speeds. I was only getting about 3 meg/sec (although that's significantly faster than previous posts)

* Rooms seem to be slightly smaller than normal, and there are fewer one-bedroom suites than most Hyatt House locations.

* Room rates are often absurdly high for the surrounding area
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moulder3
Just had a stay here and thought I'd give an update. I must also tell you that while this hotel does have some things to improve upon, offering DirecTV HD boxes (with menu guide) in each room is awesome and something I realized I've only ever seen at the new(ish) Hyatt House Denver airport (although they might have had Dish Network). Anyway, I hope more Hyatt House locations follow suit!

The Good:

* As previously mentioned, each TV has a DirecTV HD box, so not only is almost every channel in real HD, but they get like 12 HBO channels (all in HD, I think).

* Above-average hotel quality for Hyatt House, although perhaps to be expected since it was a Hotel Sierra & not a Sommerfield Suites

* Good location, as it's right off two interstates & 5 minutes from a shopping mall with plenty of restaurants

* Good staff (in my interactions)

The Bad

* Hotel still has slower internet speeds. I was only getting about 3 meg/sec (although that's significantly faster than previous posts)

* Rooms seem to be slightly smaller than normal, and there are fewer one-bedroom suites than most Hyatt House locations.

* Room rates are often absurdly high for the surrounding area
I'm a big fan of the HH Bellevue since they have DirecTV. Rooms here (specifically the studios) are bigger than the ones at the HH Redmond. Room rates tend to be high in this area due to the companies in the surrounding area (ex. Microsoft, Concur, Samsung, etc.).
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I'm here now.
Staff here is fantastic. Hotel is clean and well updated.
Highly recommend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.