Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Plymouth Meeting/East Norriton REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond

Never stayed at a Summerfield Suites so I didn't have many expectations.

I can report that the hotel is clean. I was upgraded to a 2 BR Suite. The stay wasn't very remarkable except for the EXTREMELY SLOW Wifi speed. I believe my test showed it at .26 MBPS for download. Wow!

Otherwise front desk people were very nice and friendly. The elevators are very slow but that's minor.

Also the hotel is a bit hard to spot off Germantown Pike as the sign is small and the road curves a bit there. Its very close to the Germantown/Dekalb Intersection (aka 202). Lots of fast food/supermarket/drug store places nearby.

Nothing wrong with the hotel and its probably a standard Summerfield.

I will be staying here a bit more so will document if I notice something else.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thanks. Can you also check out the HP King of Prussia? How's the wifi speed there? I'll be there in Dec.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Thanks. Can you also check out the HP King of Prussia? How's the wifi speed there? I'll be there in Dec.
haha .. sure!

Wifi at KOP is very good. Never felt the need to run a test and have had no issues streaming video over their network. If I remember next week I will try to run a speed test but as anecdotal evidence it is a night and day difference.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Looks like the WiFi speed wasn't a fluke last week. Well unless you consider .34 Mbps lightning quick. Seems to be a cruel joke considering the whole point of this hotel concept is for extended stays / apartment type units.

On the positive side I am 2/2 in Platinum upgrades. Both times I've gotten a 2 BR suite when I reserve a 1 BR.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Originally Posted by neo_781
On the positive side I am 2/2 in Platinum upgrades. Both times I've gotten a 2 BR suite when I reserve a 1 BR.
Maybe I shouldn't have paid the premium to book a 2 BR for my upcoming stay! But the $137 AAA rate for a 2 BR is definitely the best deal in the area for an upcoming night when we need two rooms.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:40 pm
Original Member

haha .. sure!

Wifi at KOP is very good. Never felt the need to run a test and have had no issues streaming video over their network. If I remember next week I will try to run a speed test but as anecdotal evidence it is a night and day difference.
Thanks. I'll probably in the area next week. Have reservations at HP KOP and the the SF Plymouth Meeting. I'll guess I'll avoid the SF this week and to test out the speed at the HP.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:46 pm
Original Member

Looks like the WiFi speed wasn't a fluke last week. Well unless you consider .34 Mbps lightning quick. Seems to be a cruel joke considering the whole point of this hotel concept is for extended stays / apartment type units.

Finally made it to HP KoP instead of the Summerfield. Thanks for the heads up at the slow speed at Summerfield. There's no comparison with the WiFi at KoP (see my review thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.