Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Birmingham-Inverness (Alabama) - REVIEWS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:29 am
Original Poster

I had a fine, but sometimes odd/frustrating stay here. Since it's a Hyatt Place in the "standard mold", I won't cover breakfast, kiosk checkin, room configuration, et cetera.

The property sits back off the road and isn't easity visible. There's at least one, small, eye-level sign on Hwy 280, but it's easy to miss and a bit challenge to circle back. The neighborhood is highway strip malls and such. Some distance off the interstates, but there is food and groceries.

I was there for a very low occupancy period. Parking was plentiful.

The grounds were well-kept and the facade was attractive. The apples in the lobby bowl were real.

I'd called from the airport to find out if my requested early check-in (1:30PM) was available. I was told "well, maybe". Hmmmm. So I drive 20 minutes to the property for a "maybe"?

Check in went fine around 2:00PM. Both lobby computers were not working, though both were brought back into working condition by nightfall.

The complimentary/promotional toothpaste in my room was half-used and re-boxed. Otherwise, the room was clean and the HVAC was an acceptable window unit.

At around 7:00PM, I was working in my room with the do not disturb sign out. I could hear someone knocking on doors, coming down the hallway. "Surely my DND will scare him/her off", I thought. Nope. A knock on my door. "Evening service", he offered. I pointed to the DND and closed the door. Thinking back, maybe I shouldn't have. Evening service at a Hyatt Place? A half-eaten chocolate to go on my pillow (like the half tube of toothpaste)? Sorry, that was an attempt at levity, not sarcasm/cycnicism. Not sure what I missed. And pretty clearly, not just a Diamond benefit.

Fitness center equipment worked fine.

Overall, staff seemed earnest, but maybe still somewhere on the learning curve - not that the hotel is new. I'd go back...cautiously.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Dec 28, 2010 at 10:36 am
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Diamond
It's a shame you didn't get better service. I live here in Hoover and have used that location for my in laws and for my daughter's prom celebration booking multiple rooms.

The staff has always been wonderful.

And despite the "strip mall" feel of 280, there are some nice places to go and to eat in the area.

Hope your next visit is better.

Last edited by ACEDAD; Dec 30, 2010 at 8:15 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:37 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I recently stayed one night at the Hyatt Place Birmingham - Hoover and the very next night at HP Birmingham - Inverness. Both were "okay" but the Hoover stay was better. Location at Hoover seems more convenient, staff seems friendlier, things seem a trifle newer, parking lot and building are a bit easier to navigate, and it was just an overall better stay at Hoover than at Inverness. Either property was fine but I shall definitely choose Hoover next time.
Dianne47 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.