Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport (MCI) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

Seeing as we do not have a thread about this property, I'll help out our FTers that might be looking for a place to stay near MCI..

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
7600 NW 97th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64153, USA
Phone: 816 891 0871 Fax: 816 891 3436

Directions:

From Kansas City International Airport: Take I-29 South to Tiffany Springs (Exit 10). Turn right on Tiffany Springs. Turn left on Prairie View Road. Turn right on 97th Terrace. Hotel is on the right-hand side.
If you are looking to stay near MCI, this is a good choice. I've stayed here five times since August, and have always had an enjoyable stay. The staff are very friendly, and will help you with any problems. They are pretty knowledgeable about Gold Passport.

The property has an airport shuttle, which runs from 4:30am - 12:00am. After that, you will need to catch a cab. Phones are located inside MCI so you can give the hotel or a cab company a call when you arrive.

Room wise, they are a standard Hyatt Place. I find the rooms to be pretty comfortable, and noise from the airport is not noticeable..

The hotel also has the standard HP food options. I find the charburger to be extremely delicious, and order it every time I stay there.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. ^
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
And if you don't like the standard HP food options, there is a Waffle House right next door.

That fact is etched into my memory because I stayed here the night of July 4 this year, and was awakened at about 1:45 A.M. by impressively loud fireworks that were being set off in the Waffle House parking lot.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stayed here for one night after I transferred from the Hyatt Place in Overland Park/Convention Center to be closer to the airport for my early-morning flight.

Overall a very enjoyable experience. The personnel was absolutely wonderful and seemed as if they really enjoyed their work and were proud of the hotel. It was a very crowded hotel, but relatively quiet for the amount of families and people traveling about. They have a very large breakfast spread, which was quite impressive (and better than a lot of Regency Club's!). It begins at 6:30 AM each morning.

The one downfall to Hyatt Places is the aspect that there is nothing past that for Diamond members throughout the day. Call me spoiled with Regency Clubs, but it's really nice to have a place to grab some water or work throughout the day if traveling on business. The downstairs was definitely too loud to take my laptop and set up a work space, although it did look comfortable.

Would stay again if needed by the airport. Definitely the closest Hyatt to downtown Kansas City--about a 20 minute drive.

I wish they would bring back the HR Downtown KC!
Old Jun 8, 2021, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I was surprised to read the HP MCI is no longer; it’s been taken over by Sonesta as of June 2nd.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...att-place.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.