Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:36 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear Flyertalkers,

Hyatt Gold Passport no longer participates with the tier matching program. In select cases, a trial offer may be proposed at the discretion of the individual hotels' sales department.

Sincerely,
Chrissi R.

{EDIT: The "old" status matching program may be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...r-11-10-a.html }

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 8, 2010 at 7:28 pm
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info, Chrissi. While I status matched earlier in the year and am now a loyal Hyatt customer, I am curious, does this mean that there won't be challenges anymore either for those with credentials from a different loyalty program? So would a Starwood Platinum with evidence of their stays get a "stay X times in X days and retain Diamond through the end of the year" offer, or not?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:08 pm
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
About two months ago I requested a status match from IC Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, and SPG Platinum to Hyatt.

Hyatt never bothered to respond. Is this why I didn't receive the courtesy of even a rejection telling me Hyatt doesn't want my business?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:12 pm

Could be a bad news for the person who waited for sm...
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:43 pm

Slightly OT, not quite status match. I wrote in this post that Hyatt declined to upgrade my wife's status, because she didn't have any (having been on prolonged maternity leave prior to returning to work) while Marriott did so in a heartbeat.

Now 70+ nights at Marriott SIN and counting... none for Hyatt. Really, the people who make these decisions ought to calculate the potential business that could be lost before doing so.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: SWA CP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Amb.
Hyatt has diluted their own elite status over the last couple years with the many ways of obtaining Diamond status. This is a move to set the balance back to not having too many Diamond members / people who just 'hit and quit' once they get Diamond status. I favor this move.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:12 pm

I dont know. As someone who status matched to Diamond 1 year ago, Hyatt won.

I've given Hyatt over 40 nights since the match. Had Hyatt not matched me, I would not have stayed at Hyatt. So matching me made sense for Hyatt. But on the same note, as someone who has used up my status match, I welcome this
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:17 pm
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Do you speculate this was a gender-based decision? Or just stupidity on Hyatt's part? Glad to hear Hyatt lost all that business, they won't even give me the courtesy of a rejection letter. Marriott here I come!

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Slightly OT, not quite status match. I wrote in this post that Hyatt declined to upgrade my wife's status, because she didn't have any (having been on prolonged maternity leave prior to returning to work) while Marriott did so in a heartbeat.

Now 70+ nights at Marriott SIN and counting... none for Hyatt. Really, the people who make these decisions ought to calculate the potential business that could be lost before doing so.

Last edited by ftv; Nov 8, 2010 at 6:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:58 pm
Suspended

It makes a lot of sense for Hyatt to at least temporarily stop most Diamond status matching with the two suite nights for diamonds for the credit card signup going on. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are status matching just to get the free two suite nights with no intention of staying with Hyatt longer term.

One thought on a fair way to have a one time status match for legitimate new customers who actually want to switch their business to Hyatt: what if you could qualify for Diamond for the current year if your total stays/nights already stayed plus total future booked non-refundable stays/nights the current year guaranteed you will make Diamond? So for example if you already have 15 nights stayed the current year, if you have 35 additional non-refundable nights booked the current year, then you get Diamond now rather than having to wait. I doubt many people would take advantage of this, and those who would are the ones who really plan on switching their nights to Hyatt.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by oc2005
It makes a lot of sense for Hyatt to at least temporarily stop most Diamond status matching with the two suite nights for diamonds for the credit card signup going on. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are status matching just to get the free two suite nights with no intention of staying with Hyatt longer term.
Good point. That makes sense.

I've been very happy with Hyatt since coming over from Hilton. Even if I can't re-qualify for Diamond after 2012, I should be able to get Plat pretty easily and try for as many Platinum Extras Awards that I can get.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Interesting news, but I am glad I switched to Hyatt from Marriott. I was matched to Platinum, and have been enjoying the program since I moved over. I look forward to earning Diamond next year!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge

Hyatt Gold Passport no longer participates with the tier matching program.

Originally Posted by oc2005

Does it? I dont think so. Lets look at it a different way...what does Hyatt lose-2 suite certs. What does Hyatt gain???

1-A potentially new customer
2-Credit card fee
3-Points "fees" sold to the credit card company
4-A chance to show a frequent traveler (obviously, as they are Diamond/Plat/Etc with another program) their "best"-someone who stays very few, if any, nights a year in a Hyatt

Originally Posted by bmw303
I dont know. As someone who status matched to Diamond 1 year ago, Hyatt won.

I've given Hyatt over 40 nights since the match. Had Hyatt not matched me, I would not have stayed at Hyatt. So matching me made sense for Hyatt. But on the same note, as someone who has used up my status match, I welcome this

I used to be Hilton/Marriott. Thanks to status matches, 4 years ago I became SPGplat/Hyattdiamond and have kept my MRplatpremier. Had it NOT been for the matches, I would not have been SPG/Hyatt. Today, I make Hyatt diamond with about 40stays. So, my thinking is that this is a HORRIBLE decision! to Hyatt!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40

Does it? I dont think so. Lets look at it a different way...what does Hyatt lose-2 suite certs. What does Hyatt gain???

1-A potentially new customer
2-Credit card fee
3-Points "fees" sold to the credit card company
4-A chance to show a frequent traveler (obviously, as they are Diamond/Plat/Etc with another program) their "best"-someone who stays very few, if any, nights a year in a Hyatt
It is a very sensible issue.

While on one hand, FFN, suite upgrades for everyone, comping everyone able to use Photoshop generates additional business, the international division has always been a little bit more 'reserved'...

It is amazingly difficult to cater to all those different demographics ranging from a father who frequents the $ 49 Hyatt Place Atlanta-XY twice a month on a weekend, when he visits his kids after a divorce to the Courtesy Card holder, who does not need a suite upgrade, because he stays in one on 200 nights a year at the Park Tokyo anyway...

As pointed out numerous times, there are quite some people who do not agree with the simple fact that FFN will get you any hotel, that a credit card application gets you a suite at a Hyatt for free etc.

Considering that certain people are responsible for keeping up a certain, partly, super-luxurious image , they are probably right being a little bit more reserved towards certain 'freebies and goodies'

Under the bottom line, if you are really serious about switching to Hyatt, a challenge should not turn you away...
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by FD1971
Under the bottom line, if you are really serious about switching to Hyatt, a challenge should not turn you away...
I'll agree with this although think that it should be managed by "corporate" GP and not individual properties since many of their "target" customers travel and stay in hotels in various cities (in the country and often all over the world) possibly without concentration at any one property that could warrant being "challenged" by a property. Perhaps approaching the challenge in a way similar to the interim step - but a bit less stringent than the 12 nights in 60 days might be the better way to handle this.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Thanks for the info, Chrissi. While I status matched earlier in the year and am now a loyal Hyatt customer, I am curious, does this mean that there won't be challenges anymore either for those with credentials from a different loyalty program? So would a Starwood Platinum with evidence of their stays get a "stay X times in X days and retain Diamond through the end of the year" offer, or not?
I'd be interested in the answer to this question also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.