Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA platinum , Hyatt Explorist, Marriott platinum , SPG Gold , Hilton Diamond
How long does it take HGP to take point and award nights away from my account? Do they take some points before travel and some after or all taken at the time of booking ?

thanks (no flame please

I have a reason behind this
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:20 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
All points and award nights are deducted at time of booking.
Originally Posted by shekhar
How long does it take HGP to take point and award nights away from my account? Do they take some points before travel and some after or all taken at the time of booking ?

thanks (no flame please

I have a reason behind this
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:54 am

I just wanted to make a reservation for the PH Hamburg using GP points but was told on the website not possible, while regular rooms are avalible to book using cash?

How is this possible with their no blackout dates policy?
(Haven used GP points for a couple years...)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The availability has to be for standard or base level rooms - not all rooms.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:38 am

Yes that is the case... Park Queen, Park Twin shows avalibility...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA platinum , Hyatt Explorist, Marriott platinum , SPG Gold , Hilton Diamond
I booked nights with points ? all nights points taken out except 1 ? ( for example 8 nights booked with points and only points worth 7 nights are taken and my account is still showing remaining one points ?

Am i supposed to do something ? Or just sit tight ...and rest will go away after my stay ?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:22 pm

I seem to recall reading at one point that stays booked before a member becomes Diamond may not reflect Diamond status, and that one should call up after making Diamond to ensure it's noted on the reservation. I could be making this up, or may be thinking of a different program or something. Does this ring a bell? Search is not showing me anything, but I may not have been searching for the right terms.

In any event, assuming I'm not crazy, what do you say when you call up to explain the situation? Does the reservation actually have to be rebooked or something? I have some cash and points reservations that I made for Europe back when the Euro was considerably higher, and so I'd like to avoid rebooking if possible so I can take advantage of the lower cash co-pay.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:43 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
My first guess is that there's a mistake somewhere, either in the arrival date or the departure date. It would be a great idea to double-check and make sure that the nights you think you booked are the same as the nights which are really booked. Hyatt takes ALL the points out of your account at the time of booking. If they only took 7 nights, then apparently they believe you're staying only 7 nights.
I booked nights with points ? all nights points taken out except 1 ? ( for example 8 nights booked with points and only points worth 7 nights are taken and my account is still showing remaining one points ?

Am i supposed to do something ? Or just sit tight ...and rest will go away after my stay ?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:02 pm

I had the same feeling but i checked it few times ( more than 10 ) ....I have the correct nights booked with right dates. Some how i have the right number of nights booked but one less night points !!!!

should i do anything ? do you suggest calling back HGP
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:35 pm

Personally, I like it when all the accounts are correct. I would call HGP and give them the opportunity to correct their error. I figure they have an audit department who will catch the discrepancy sooner or later. I like to follow the rules to the letter and pay (cash and/or points) for my travel. To me, it just feels better that-a-way.
I had the same feeling but i checked it few times ( more than 10 ) ....I have the correct nights booked with right dates. Some how i have the right number of nights booked but one less night points !!!!

should i do anything ? do you suggest calling back HGP
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by lkar
I seem to recall reading at one point that stays booked before a member becomes Diamond may not reflect Diamond status, and that one should call up after making Diamond to ensure it's noted on the reservation. I could be making this up, or may be thinking of a different program or something. Does this ring a bell? Search is not showing me anything, but I may not have been searching for the right terms.

In any event, assuming I'm not crazy, what do you say when you call up to explain the situation? Does the reservation actually have to be rebooked or something? I have some cash and points reservations that I made for Europe back when the Euro was considerably higher, and so I'd like to avoid rebooking if possible so I can take advantage of the lower cash co-pay.
Always a possibility. Unless you are trying for a DSU, I'd say you could probably resolve the issue right at the hotel though, no rebooking needed. If you can show you're a Diamond via logging into your account online, I don't see why they would deny you your benefits.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
I think the reason you've not got a reply here is because value is entirely determined by what you get out of the upgrades, your travel plans, how you intend to use the room. If your intention is to just get the best points/rack rate you've apparently already done those calculations - if thats your FOM then go with it.

Beyond that hotel comparisons usually have ample discussion in many of the threads.

Finally, per your 1st question - PHs are usually the highest dollar/point places you can spend them - so figure out where in the world you'd like to visit and start there.

Good luck.
Thanks for the insight. I figured I also wrote too much, so people's eyes probably glazed over. haha Btw, you wouldn't happen to know if I am able to gift DSU to my Guest of Honor among the other perks, would you?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I do not believe DSUs are transferable.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by ajandraschell
:::
Where are the best places to maximize the 2-night stay perk besides Maldives (was just there Feb)? :::
IMO, the best option is to stay in a location that you want or need to visit anyway.
Also, I figure that my wife would have to book with her HGP # to be able to use the 2-nights, but I'm hoping to use my Diamond perks. I've read upthread that this can be done.
Yes, call HGP and have them add your name and HGP# to the reservation as the second guest. Ask them to write a note to the hotel that there's a Diamond in the room and therefore you get Diamond benefits.
2. Where are the best places to maximize my DSUs? We will be in SFO, Napa, Sacramento next month; NYC, AUH, DXB, MUC, and maybe LHR this September; SCL in Nov. Probably not the best use of DSU or 2 nights for any of them, so I'm up for other recommendations. Thoughts?
It's far better to use DSU's _somewhere_ rather than let them expire unused. I prefer to use a DSU for a longer stay, at a property where suites are quite a bit better than a regular room. It takes a little research but in most cases you view the suite availability online. The cheapest suite that you can book for cash is (most likely) the same suite that a DSU puts you into. You can then look at the "rooms" section of the hotel's website for more info. In many cases, hotels favor a repeat guest. So, a tiebreaker might be to use the DSU at a hotel you visit more often, as it will often result in a better-than-entry-level suite.
3. Will be in NYC 9/12 LAX-LGA arriving 8pm and leaving 9/14 for AUH. I plan on just doing Hyatt Place Flushing for 12k HGP (currently $499/night: 0.0416pp) ::: ::: should I conserve the points and do C&P?
The retail room rate is irrelevant. Your only choice is between:
- Spend 12K points and receive only a room for the night
or
- Spend 6K points plus $75+tax, receive credit for one stay and one night plus approx 987 points.

So, is it worthwhile to spend $85 in order to gain 6987 points? IMO it's worthwhile and I would choose P+C. If you need a stay credit then it's a no-brainer: P+C is the only reasonable choice.
4. For 9/13, we wanted to stay in Manhattan. Last May, we stayed at PHNYC, and had a really bad experience. I've read that the Andaz 5th is far superior in service, so I wanted to get others' thoughts on if we should try PH again for 0.0328pp ($983/30k) or 5th for 0.0178 ($446/25k) or even P&C for either or if better route? Part of me wants to get best value, but I am weary of getting the same service as last time. haha
I'm a bit leery of assuming that the Retail Price is an indicator of value or satisfaction. When I think of the top 5 Hyatts which are the most satisfying to me, none of them are in the top five price-wise. Different strokes for different folks.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Quick question - couldn't find it on a search. I'll be attending a training for my company which will be master billed. I know I won't be getting points or stay credit, however, does anybody know if I'll be receiving my Diamond benefits? E.g. lounge access and welcome amenity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.