Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

DENVER AIRPORT Hyatt Place vs Hyatt house (Summerfield)

Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond

Any opinions on staying at Hyatt Place Denver Airport versus Summerfield Suites Denver Airport? I am planning a 1 night stay due to an early flight out of DIA. I have Diamond status, not sure if that makes any difference at those properties.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:08 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
SS:
new property as of this summer (June/July I think?)
not near anything except the airport
has studio/1BR/2BR configurations
hot breakfast buffet
evening reception (usually only M-Th) w/ snacks and drinks
full kitchen including dishes, full-size microwave/fridge/oven/stovetop

HP:
has a few restaurants nearby
every room is the same (modulo bed type)
mini-fridge in wetbar area
free breakfast is continental only

Otherwise, they're basically the same and offer the same amenities: free wifi, airport shuttle. Your status as a diamond won't net you anything at either property. For a 1-night airport stay, I would pick the cheaper option. If price is the same or not an issue, I'd opt for SS if only for the better breakfast (hot provided for free or a kitchen to make your own if you're leaving too early).
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baliktad
SS:
new property as of this summer (June/July I think?)
not near anything except the airport
has studio/1BR/2BR configurations
hot breakfast buffet
evening reception (usually only M-Th) w/ snacks and drinks
full kitchen including dishes, full-size microwave/fridge/oven/stovetop

HP:
has a few restaurants nearby
every room is the same (modulo bed type)
mini-fridge in wetbar area
free breakfast is continental only

Otherwise, they're basically the same and offer the same amenities: free wifi, airport shuttle. Your status as a diamond won't net you anything at either property. For a 1-night airport stay, I would pick the cheaper option. If price is the same or not an issue, I'd opt for SS if only for the better breakfast (hot provided for free or a kitchen to make your own if you're leaving too early).
Thanks for the info! Anyone know what time each property starts breakfast on a Sunday?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by feeb1
Thanks for the info! Anyone know what time each property starts breakfast on a Sunday?
Could probably just call 'em

I stayed at the HP last December. Very friendly staff, but otherwise standard HP. Not exactly right next to the airport, which in our case mattered due to an early morning flight and a snow storm.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Ooops, wrong property so have edited my comments...Great American Beer Festival after effects!

Last edited by Shareholder; Sep 19, 2010 at 9:50 am
Old Sep 18, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
There is a great Teds Montana Grill next door to the HP^
Old Sep 19, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
Love that Ted's!

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
There is a great Teds Montana Grill next door to the HP^
The HP here is nice, great staff etc. But, being able to walk to Ted's makes it a winner. Bison burger and a martini....ahhhhhh......^^^
Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Both properties are more then adequate. I prefer the SS for a few reasons:

1. Closer to the airport by about 7 minutes.

2. They always upgrade me to a 1-bedroom from the studio suite. The extra space is a nice touch.

3. The bathrooms are much more inviting at SS.

The only thing I like at HP is the ability to order hot food from their menu, as there are a few good items.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:58 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
When is your morning flight? U mention early and the trip there from either property ck-in w/or w/out bags may not leave you enough time at either property for breakfast. Make sure the shuttle leaves when you have to. I've stayed at the HP and for the reasons listed, it's fine. If the SS doesn't serve the buffett before you have to leave then it's an amenity u paid for but couldn't use. True you have your own kitchen but where are you going to get ingredients to make for one breakfast? DIA has breakfast options all the way down to McDonalds.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustyr
When is your morning flight? U mention early and the trip there from either property ck-in w/or w/out bags may not leave you enough time at either property for breakfast. Make sure the shuttle leaves when you have to. I've stayed at the HP and for the reasons listed, it's fine. If the SS doesn't serve the buffett before you have to leave then it's an amenity u paid for but couldn't use. True you have your own kitchen but where are you going to get ingredients to make for one breakfast? DIA has breakfast options all the way down to McDonalds.
8:30am flight on a busy travel day (Sunday morning of Thanksgiving weekend), and need to checkin with bags...so I'm thinking I'd need to leave the hotel at about 6-6:30am, which is probably before either HP or SS serves breakfast. Some places provide to-go bags, I'll check with them to see if they do, otherwise will just grab something at the airport.

Everyone, thanks for your inputs!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.