Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place UC Davis - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium,Delta LT Sky Club,Hertz Presidential Circle

Checked into the new Hyatt Place UC Davis today. This hotel opened during the end of March 2010. It's a smaller Hyatt Place with 65 rooms. Its a four story hotel with room numbers X01 to X29 on floors 2 to 4 and there are 8 rooms on the first floor. The hotel is shaped like an "L" and the odd number rooms are the rooms which face the freeway/train tracks. So the even numbered rooms are on the "quiet" side of the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle which they say is "available as need".....for travel within 3 miles of the hotel. I inquired about having the shuttle do a pick up at the Davis Amtrak station, and they told me if you notify they ahead of time they will make arrangement either for the shuttle to do a pick up or they can make arrangements for a cab to do an Amtrak pick up.

This hotel is actually on the University of California Davis Campus. It's right next to the new UC Davis Gallagher Hall & Conference Center and 2 or 3 buildings away from the Buehler Alumni & Visitor Center and the Mondovi Center.

Check-in went smoothly and parking is free. Since this hotel is on campus they did inquire about type/color/license plate number of my car....to make sure student/employees do not park in the hotel parking lot.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just checked in. They now charge $10 for parking, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Room is smallest I've ever seen at Hyatt Place (maybe 300 sq ft) and construction quality seems poor, with very loud AC. Internet is also poor:

So I'm calling this a "stay away" property.

I have a new case in Woodland (Yolo County). That's about equidistant from here and HR Sacramento, which prices just a little higher for a full service hotel. I will not be coming back to this property.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just checked in. They now charge $10 for parking, which is absolutely ridiculous.
Wow. Usually stay here when doing business in Davis (few times a year). Can't believe they are charging for parking now. There is no reason for them to do so. On principle I'm going to have to find a new place to stay...
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Wow. Usually stay here when doing business in Davis (few times a year). Can't believe they are charging for parking now. There is no reason for them to do so. On principle I'm going to have to find a new place to stay...
They are also playing award availability games by labeling "High Floor" rooms as a separate category from the basic room. It's a four story hotel.

Greedy management run amok.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:16 pm

Wow. I'd stayed there a couple of times. Sounds like no more. Thank you for the updates.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Parking fee is now $16. Waived because campus is not open. Plus occupancy tax, Yolo County tax, CA tourism tax, campus fee. $14.00 added in taxes and fees on top of the $95 breakfast rate. Pool/fitness center open.

Surprise, surprise......they put me in a full blown suite. Never knew such a thing existed in a HP. Quite nice. No matter.....the parking and campus fees prevent a return visit.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hedoman
Parking fee is now $16. Waived because campus is not open. Plus occupancy tax, Yolo County tax, CA tourism tax, campus fee. $14.00 added in taxes and fees on top of the $95 breakfast rate. Pool/fitness center open.

Surprise, surprise......they put me in a full blown suite. Never knew such a thing existed in a HP. Quite nice. No matter.....the parking and campus fees prevent a return visit.
I know of at least six USA HPs that do have real (one bedroom) suites, some of which include kitchens, because I've been upgraded to such suites as a Glob.

Is the campus fee a "resort" fee imposed by the hotel? I don't recall this from when I stayed at a boutique hotel much closer to campus about a year ago (and had made and cancelled a reservation at this HP), but the boutique hotel might haver been paid on a master bill, so I might not have seen the final bill there.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the campus fee a "resort" fee imposed by the hotel? I don't recall this from when I stayed at a boutique hotel much closer to campus about a year ago (and had made and cancelled a reservation at this HP), but the boutique hotel might haver been paid on a master bill, so I might not have seen the final bill there.
I just did a dummy booking. I don't see a "campus fee." I see a tourism fee, a Yolo County tax, an occupancy tax, and a city fee. The total of all four is just over 14%. When I stayed here in 2015, I was charged a total of 13% in taxes, consisting of an occupancy tax (8%) and a city fee (5%). Looks like one of the governmental entities has since imposed a tourism fee, and that Yolo County is now charging a tax, with both combined totaling approximately 1.2% of the room rate. Doesn't appear to be something the property bears any responsibility for.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Rate 95.20
Occupancy tax 7.62
Campus Fee 4.76
CA Tourism Fee .19
Yolo County Tourit Assessment .95

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.