Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2.5 Southwest Credits per stay for A-List and Companion Pass members - 1/1-3/31/10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2.5 Southwest Credits per stay for A-List and Companion Pass members - 1/1-3/31/10

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:43 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

Saw this in the Southwest Rapid Rewards Report yesterday:

2.5 Southwest Rapid Rewards credits per Hyatt stay

Good for January 1, 2010 - March 31, 2010. Note that the promotion registration page states this is for A-List and Companion Pass members only. Last quarter Hyatt had a promotion with UA that was allegedly only for UA 1k members but others reported receiving the bonus miles despite no 1k membership, so it may work for non A-List and CP members.

Guess I'll be doing some cheap Hyatt Place stays in the next week, combined with the Next Big Thing and Winter Bonusland this is quite lucrative.

Full Terms and Conditions:
Originally Posted by Hyatt Terms & Conditions
Earn Unlimited Bonus Credits with Hyatt
To participate in this promotion you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member and register for the promotion or join Hyatt Gold Passport via goldpassport.com/swa. Receive two (2) Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® bonus credits on eligible stays between January 1, 2010 and March 31, 2010 at any Hyatt Hotel & Resort™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™ or Andaz™ or Hyatt Vacation Club™ worldwide. Stays at AmeriSuites™ are not eligible toward this promotion. You must provide both your Hyatt Gold Passport and Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards account number at time of check-in, choose Rapid Rewards credit for your stay and pay an Eligible rate. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all stays in which Hyatt Gold Passport and Rapid Rewards account numbers are provided.

"Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com, hyattplace.com, hyattsummerfiedsuites.com, prevailing rack rate, BAR, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

A qualifying stay means one or more consecutive nights at any participating hotel or resort when paying an eligible rate, whether or not the guest checks out and back in during such period; award stays do not qualify. Only one bonus will be given per member, per stay, regardless of the number of rooms.

All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus credits to be posted to your account. Credits are subject to the terms and conditions of the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards program. This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, please visit www.goldpassport.com. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Vacation Club™, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. © 2009 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Nice find Beckles, I wonder if it is stackable with the 3 credits per two night stays promo?

http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa..._mbr_src=AQ1WN
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gooseman13
Nice find Beckles, I wonder if it is stackable with the 3 credits per two night stays promo?

http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa..._mbr_src=AQ1WN
I hadn't seen that promotion.

I think there's a chance they are stackable given experience from last quarter stacking the airline promotions.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
I hadn't seen that promotion.

I think there's a chance they are stackable given experience from last quarter stacking the airline promotions.
I would love to have some confirmation on this from the GP FT'er...

Frankly, if this IS stackable, I'm switching ALL my stays in the coming 2.5 months to Hyatt...
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
I signed up for this last night after seeing it here on FT in the WN forum. I had previously signed up for the promo for the two night stays also. Meaning I have now signed up for both.

Today, while checking my account, ALL my single stays (hotel hopping for status ) in Jan 2010, show up with a miles bonus of 200 miles, 2 RR credits. This was not this way yesterday. However, it does take time for them to be swept into my RR account, and some early Jan stays have already posted into the RR account.

Will have to wait and see if the now showing bonus, does in fact hit the account on the next update.

Thanks for posting this promo!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dweeb
I signed up for this last night after seeing it here on FT in the WN forum. I had previously signed up for the promo for the two night stays also. Meaning I have now signed up for both.

Today, while checking my account, ALL my single stays (hotel hopping for status ) in Jan 2010, show up with a miles bonus of 200 miles, 2 RR credits. This was not this way yesterday. However, it does take time for them to be swept into my RR account, and some early Jan stays have already posted into the RR account.

Will have to wait and see if the now showing bonus, does in fact hit the account on the next update.

Thanks for posting this promo!
I think that's consistent with the airline bonus promos last quarter, the promotion applied retroactively.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I'm sorry, but this part confuses me:

Originally Posted by dweeb
...a miles bonus of 200 miles, 2 RR credits...
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
I'm sorry, but this part confuses me:
.5 WN RR credits show up as "50 miles" in the Hyatt GP account summary, so a 200 miles bonus would be 2.0 WN RR credits.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, Beckles.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:32 pm

AWESOME find! thanks
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:35 pm

Wait, so just to be clear - does this stack with the normal base points we accrue? Or only with other promos?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hamboarder
Wait, so just to be clear - does this stack with the normal base points we accrue? Or only with other promos?
Southwest credits are in lieu of base points, it will stack with the Next Big Thing promotion though.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M
FYI on this promotion. Stayed at San Diego Andaz the other week and just called Hyatt to ensure I would get the appropriate WN credits. They did not seem the promotion on my reservation and had to go back to reload it. This is not a highly used promotion, so make sure you are getting the credit. Also, could take up to 4 weeks for WN to post the credits.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list, CP. Hyatt Diamond. LuggageWorks Stealth 22"
saw on the Southwest forum that this promo is stackable with the 2.5 bonus credit for two night stay for a total of 5 credits. Can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by ajlmus
saw on the Southwest forum that this promo is stackable with the 2.5 bonus credit for two night stay for a total of 5 credits. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, I can confirm...............5 credits for a 2-night stay. Very good promo IMHO. 3 two-night stays will get you roughly a free RT award ticket and 1/6 of the way towards SWA Companion Pass. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.