Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

North Raleigh Hyatt Place REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.

Stayed at Hyatt Place North Raleigh this past Friday night (10/23). They were out of rooms, and gave me a room on 6th Floor.
There must have been several parties going on there as the noise was too much. A lot of drinking going on and people laughing (I do not have a problem with people laughing but not too loud at 11:45 PM).

I went downstairs and asked front desk to check into it. Not much happened. I did not get a full nights rest though for which I paid for.

What are my options?

Does anyone else has a similar experience at Hyatt places and how did you resolve the issue?

Thank you
Old Oct 28, 2009, 1:51 pm

For me, this is par for the course on weekends in cities where there are reasonably priced hotels (business hotels during the week).

Last Friday, I was at another Hyatt Place with a prostitute working on either side of my room, one VERY noisy. On Sunday, same HP, we had a teen party - a total vomitorium by morning. (Saturday, I spent at a nearby aloft; it was worse. The "W" connection seemed to attract a certain crowd - not very sohpisticated, despite all their pretentions.)

There's a Summerfield Suites (Pleasanton, CA) that has a strict (on the front-end; I can't speak to enforcement) no-party policy, with waivers and forms and "held" charges on credit cards. It's worked the couple of nights I've been there.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Not So Great

I stayed here over the weekend, as part of a conference hotel hop with the RDU airport location. It was very full on the weekend; the lobby was as packed as I've ever seen a Hyatt Place. The staff was good about putting me away from the soccer and basketball kids, near one end of a high floor.

This building was built about 4 years before the airport location, 1998 versus 2002. (This is according to the elevator certificates, which unlike xkcd are posted in each elevator.) It's weird to say that a 13 year old hotel is "old", but there are some signs about maintenance. I received a semi-lumpy bed, where the accumulated use has started to show indentations on one side. It's not impossible to sleep, and someone looking for a soft bed might like it, but I did not. A replacement mattress would be better.
The exercise room had the standard equipment for a Hyatt Place - 2 treadmills, bicycle, elliptical. The elliptical and bicycle made creaky noise when used, signs of age and mediocre maintenance. The airport location machines were not noisy.

Even with the good staff, I can't recommend this location.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:59 am

Concur. This one is a pass. TONS of hair found in the bathroom. Really shows that the housekeeping is spotty. I found the staff friendly, but not terribly proactive or helpful. They basically stood around as folks checked in/out and talked amongst themselves.

Rooms are tired and the WiFi here is TERRIBLE.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Concur. This one is a pass. TONS of hair found in the bathroom. Really shows that the housekeeping is spotty. I found the staff friendly, but not terribly proactive or helpful. They basically stood around as folks checked in/out and talked amongst themselves.

Rooms are tired and the WiFi here is TERRIBLE.
Can't emphasize this enough. If you're there for business, forgetting attaching and sending any kind of medium sized - large emails. And housekeeping is indeed extremely spotty / understaffed / incompetent / all of the above.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
I was also there this past weekend. Had stayed here once before, and while I did not love it, thought it would be fine for a late arrival, super early departure. And it was...but barely. Profile half honored - high floor, but not quiet as the ice machine was directly across the hall. Greeted as a Diamond member...but the desk agent had (evidently) never seen a Hyat CC before, because she handed it back and told me my GP number was on file, all she needed was a credit card. Departed at 6am - no coffee was set up. I realize breakfast starts later on a weekend...but no coffee at 6am??? Would have even been willing to buy one - but no desk agent around.

Quite a lackluster stay, and I won't repeat it. I did get a decent rate ($71) but there is more to even the shortest stay than price.

BUT to be fair- as time goes on I am becoming less and less content with HP. I find the brown/gold theme tired looking. You get little to no A/C when sitting at the desk, and too much once in bed as the unit is blowing directly on you. Quality of breakfast varies widely, and of course, points rarely post correctly.

As much as I love Hyatt, I think they either need to step up their game in the lower end market or bail out. IMO both Marriott and Hilton (I have no experience with Wyndham or IC) do the lower end far better- and almost always at a lesser cost.

On the other hand, I have found that Summerfield Suites often beats Residence Inn... there just aren't enough of them!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Mediocre service combined by escalating rate charges

Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

1105 Navaho Dr Raleigh, NC US 27609

Mediocre service combined by escalating rate charges (0 Photo)

I checked in around 9 PM on Sunday night at this hotel. There was no one at the front desk. After 10 minutes a lady showed up, out of breath, had to spell my name 3 times as she could not type. Gave me a different room number then what was on the key. Went to the room, air conditioner noise kept me up off and on. It started with a 'Thud'. Went down around 10ish to talk tgo someone, again no one at the front desk. Just one lady sitting at the bar drinking. Came down at 6 AM to get some breakfast and check out. No breakfast and was told by a voice from kitchen "we do not serve breakfast till 6:30' - you would think they could offer you a toast or bagel but was made to feel like I was disturbing them. Had to catch a flight so after waiting several minutes to get a receipt and finding no one, I left. When I tried to use the on-line checkout system, my rate had changed for the worst and increased. I called the hotel and after being bounced by several people, spoke to someone who assured me help but I had to email her the confirmation of the rate from Hyatt. You would think they can look in their system - would you not? Any way, I have sent her the confirmation which shows the rate but have yet to get a receipt. 

Unfortunately, my experience was not the greatest at this Hyatt place where I spent less then 9 hours and most if it trying to get sleep.

Staff is untrained and lacks customer service skills. 

I will probably be not staying at this hotel again!

Mediocre service combined by escalating rate charges

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
You didn't title this as being related to a specific property, so I'll comment that there seems to be a general decline. For example, I was recently dining alone at a Hyatt Regency I've stayed at many times, and they left the other place settings whereas they used to remove them.

Not a problem for me, but just general entropy at the same time rates are creeping up.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Some HPs do a great job (I've always been real pleased at HP Dallas North, for example), while I've been to a few like the review above with regards to a lack of customer service too. We should definitely call them out on it!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:22 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by JackE
You didn't title this as being related to a specific property, so I'll comment that there seems to be a general decline. For example, I was recently dining alone at a Hyatt Regency I've stayed at many times, and they left the other place settings whereas they used to remove them.

Not a problem for me, but just general entropy at the same time rates are creeping up.
I like it when they do that. Since we registered at Bloomingdales for the Versace china place settings, we haven't received any. So, I need to complete our set of HP plates and silverware.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.