[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:03 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
Priority Club points would satisfy me just fine. How many PC points would it take to satisfy you? (per booking)
In my case this is not an acceptable solution. I do not have any interest in collecting PC points.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:03 pm

I wonder if we were one of the first recipients of the phone calls as not once did they offer PC points. It was a case of take the 55 euro a night rate or nothing!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
So I had a busy few days at work.. no time to see where this deal is at till now

Gettin up to speed.. rates now gone...hackers... phone calls..no one has posted they are gonna sue yet

checked my CC expiry- I am fine there
have I missed anything?

April in Venice is gonna be nice
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
How many PC points would it take to satisfy you? (per booking)
Crowne Plaza redemptions are 25K per night. So 50K would do it.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
They better honor the rate or I'm gonna sue!
(Mr. Halliday courtesy post; please disregard.)
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: delta gold, hilton gold
Associated Press has picked up the story.

according to this, sounds like they are honoring the rate.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...5D83.DTL&tsp=1
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The MSNBC article above ends with this:
"Although a pricing error, IHG is committed to honoring the 1-cent rate for guests who have a valid confirmation," Smith said. She added that rooms booked at the low rate "are nontransferable."
Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I'd also say they are off on their 6 hours of availability. Just from the posting on this thread, I'd say it was 8 at least, and possibly quite a bit more. Hopefully they don't pull this 55 Euro off stuff on me.

The executive rooms I booked are generally in the 120 Euro range. If they come with a reasonable offer, whether it be points, or something else, I'd be willing to listen. As long as they also agree to honor the booked rates for those who do wish to go.

They also need to rebook or make other arrangements with the people the forced to cancel already.

When a fat fingered mistake like this is handled right, it's only a PR bonanza for the hotel chain.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
IThe executive rooms I booked are generally in the 120 Euro range. If they come with a reasonable offer, whether it be points, or something else, I'd be willing to listen. As long as they also agree to honor the booked rates for those who do wish to go.
It sounds like IHG will indeed be honoring the rates.

Did you read the MSNBC article? It might be better than just complaining about hypotheticals...
Old Aug 15, 2009, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Did you read the MSNBC article? It might be better than just complaining about hypotheticals...
Yep, sure did, at least when it came out. It's not actually a MSNBC article, but an AP news item, that they picked up.

There have been references today of both honoring the rate, and of letting the room go for 55 Euros. These things are quite liquid at this point, and often the final deal can take many days or weeks to even get to that point.

This is certainly not my first rodeo, eh?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is certainly not my first rodeo, eh?
Yes, but an IHG spokesperson saying they will honor it is pretty good.

I hope IHG does absolutely nothing for those who choose not to go. That's what causes mistakes to get out of hand...people booking just hoping for the compensation. (The one exception would be those who had short-term bookings who were contacted by the property and cancelled.)
Old Aug 15, 2009, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Loyalty

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Yes, but an IHG spokesperson saying they will honor it is pretty good.

I hope IHG does absolutely nothing for those who choose not to go. That's what causes mistakes to get out of hand...people booking just hoping for the compensation. (The one exception would be those who had short-term bookings who were contacted by the property and cancelled.)
If IHG just honors them, that will be fine. However, they already tried to use the hacker defense, ala BS defense, which raises my hackles a bit. I have 30 nights at PC properties already completed this year, with another dozen already booked for later this year. Having a reasonable reaction to these types of situations reinforces my loyalty to PC.

I've had some pretty bad outcomes with Hilton bookings in the last 18 months, and all they've made me do is move all my bookings elsewhere. This year, I've had 2 stays at Hilton, compared to at least a dozen for PC.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If IHG just honors them, that will be fine. However, they already tried to use the hacker defense, ala BS defense, which raises my hackles a bit. I have 30 nights at PC properties already completed this year, with another dozen already booked for later this year. Having a reasonable reaction to these types of situations reinforces my loyalty to PC.
Yes, the hacker thing was ridiculous. That was the property itself that spun that yarn.
IHG never did.

[You're right, though, the hacker story just makes me skeptical of the property's good faith.]

If it were just up to the property, I do think they would try to do nothing. It looks like IHG is truly going to live up to the Online Reservations Guarantee.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
BBC has posted this story on its home page

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8202842.stm
Old Aug 15, 2009, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The story has changed, even from IHG

I wouldn't always believe the first comments, even from IHG. One of the first stories was from Wired, which quoted the $55 Euro plus some PC points.

ICHG spokeswoman Monica Smith confirmed their suspicions and says the rate change was the result of “human error.”

“We’re in the process of contacting all the guests who booked on this rate to offer them a heavily discounted rate of 55 EUR as well as some Priority Club Rewards points as a gesture of goodwill,” she said in a statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.