Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:07 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by Supersonic Flyer
Today the news about the hacker attack appears on the most important italian newspapers...
..and which newspaper might that be?
Anybody find a lnk to an online version of this story?

Last edited by MrHalliday; Aug 14, 2009 at 1:08 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:19 am

Programs: HHonors, A'Club, SPG, Marriott, Priority Club, Hyatt, UA mileage Plus, Miles & More, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Corriere della Sera, and its online version www.corriere.it
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
http://www.corriere.it/cronache/09_a...4f02aabc.shtml
Old Aug 14, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: HHonors, A'Club, SPG, Marriott, Priority Club, Hyatt, UA mileage Plus, Miles & More, AAdvantage
Exclamation Hacker attack is totally false!

I was in touch one hour ago with one of the journalists working on this news, and following the latests info available at this time, he told me that the hacker attack is a totally false news.
He called IHG PR department asking info about the hacker attack and they rejected this version. They admited it was an internal error in USA (pricing dept.?) the cause of everything. In this case the hotel is also a victim, because this is a franchisee property.
Now a bad news: IHG won't honors these rates due to the high number of reservations, and is trying to find a suitable way to satisfy everyone who made a reservation. This is official and everyone who booked will be contacted in the next weeks. Any other news will follow as soon as they are available.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
The suspense is killing me....
would somebody PLEASE post that "they are gonna sue".

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Aug 14, 2009 at 7:15 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:47 am

They may be starting the phone calls. My sister had reservations for October and this morning EST they called her to tell her they will not honor the rate. (My sister had no idea about the supposed hacker). She said we will give you a special rate of 55 euro a night and my sister basically said you will honor the rate - it was advertised at a cent and she has reservations. The lady just said we are not honoring it and hung up!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
How good of a deal is 110 Euro for two nights? Did the offer include breakfast?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:13 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by dickinson
How good of a deal is 110 Euro for two nights? Did the offer include breakfast?
Well, let’s put it this way...

...I went to www.priorityclub.com just now and entered the dates about which I was thinking and originally saw the .01 Euro room rate at this property.

Currently, the lowest room rate is — you guessed it — 55 Euro per night for a standard room, including 10% tax. Breakfast was not included.

Advance purchase is required to secure this rate.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Well, let’s put it this way...

...I went to www.priorityclub.com just now and entered the dates about which I was thinking and originally saw the .01 Euro room rate at this property.

Currently, the lowest room rate is — you guessed it — 55 Euro per night for a standard room, including 10% tax. Breakfast was not included.

Advance purchase is required to secure this rate.
You would think they could offer a price better than the standard room rate! My confirmation is for an Executive King - I wonder if their offer is to downgrade to a standard room, or if they are offering an upgraded room for this rate. If I am understanding this correctly, it is not a good way to create good will with a customer.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:22 pm

The lady who rang never mentioned breakfast with the 55 euro rate.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Just got a Tweet from @MSNBC_Travel.

Italian hotel mistakenly offers 1-cent weekend
Four-star facility in Venice stands to lose $129,000 from gaffe

... Danesin said the reservations are "formally valid" and Intercontinental will have to decide how to deal with the customers. Intercontinental spokesmen did not immediately return calls for comment Friday.

Here's a link.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by boxo
Just got a Tweet from @MSNBC_Travel.

Italian hotel mistakenly offers 1-cent weekend
Four-star facility in Venice stands to lose $129,000 from gaffe

... Danesin said the reservations are "formally valid" and Intercontinental will have to decide how to deal with the customers. Intercontinental spokesmen did not immediately return calls for comment Friday.

Here's a link.
super, boxo, thanks for sharing!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Ah, it looks like they're finally fessing up. They'll probably try to get most of the people to cancel by saying it's a mistake. I'd guess that only 20-30% of all bookings would show up anyway. If it's a PC issue, they'll probably eat a lot of the cost. If they're smart, they can turn it into a positive PR experience, instead of blaming in on so called hackers.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Ah, it looks like they're finally fessing up. They'll probably try to get most of the people to cancel by saying it's a mistake. I'd guess that only 20-30% of all bookings would show up anyway. If it's a PC issue, they'll probably eat a lot of the cost. If they're smart, they can turn it into a positive PR experience, instead of blaming in on so called hackers.

Probably. But they are certainly calling according to this article.

ICHG spokeswoman Monica Smith confirmed their suspicions and says the rate change was the result of “human error.”

“We’re in the process of contacting all the guests who booked on this rate to offer them a heavily discounted rate of 55 EUR as well as some Priority Club Rewards points as a gesture of goodwill,” she said in a statement.”
Link to Wired News
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I would love for the ICHG people to call and offer me a "heavily discounted rate of 55 Euro per night" so I can refer them to their own website which shows that type of rate isn't so heavily discounted at all.

Priority Club points would satisfy me just fine. How many PC points would it take to satisfy you? (per booking)

Last edited by SEAUAKID; Aug 14, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.