Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Boston Copley Square Hotel $18 a night - Book 7/14 1:18 p.m. – 3:16 p.m. (EDT) Only

Boston Copley Square Hotel $18 a night - Book 7/14 1:18 p.m. – 3:16 p.m. (EDT) Only

Old Jul 13, 09, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AGR, Choice Gold, CitiPrestige, TYP

"The Copley Square Hotel, Boston’s newest boutique property located in the heart of Boston’s vibrant Back Bay is turning 118 years old and celebrating with rates starting at $18.

Visit the Copley Square Hotel’s website at http://www.copleysquarehotel.com on July 14, 2009 from 1:18 p.m. – 3:16 p.m. (EDT) to grab the low $18 rate. The sale will last 118 minutes or until all the rooms are gone. Room rates for boutique rooms start at $18 and go up to $118 and are available on a first come, first serve basis.

Guests can book their stay from July 14 until September 24, 2009. Normal premiums apply for upgrade into other room categories. Bookings must be made through the hotel’s website at http://www.copleysquarehotel.com. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. Limit one special rate boutique room per reservation name. Blackout dates may apply"

http://www.copleysquarehotel.com/birthday/
Old Jul 13, 09, 9:27 pm

Looks terrific, and I am planning a trip to Boston. Will give it a shot.

Of course, if ever a server was going to crash, I'm thinking this will be the one. . . .
Old Jul 14, 09, 11:30 am

Thanks!
Just booked a two night stay in a Deluxe room for 80 USD!
Old Jul 14, 09, 11:31 am

Not a crash per se, but after I clicked through at exactly 1:18 and managed to find a weekend with available rooms at the lower price, I entered my information only to be told that there was an error processing my reservation and could I please try again. Tried a few times with the same result, gave up, started over, and all of the cheap rooms were gone. Grr...
Old Jul 14, 09, 11:38 am

Programs: Starwood Gold
The count down counter was wrong as far as I could tell. It indicated another hour to wait at 1:18PM Eastern. I checked back 5 minutes later to find the sale in porcess. Weekend rooms looked to be gone within a few minutes, bummer.
Old Jul 14, 09, 11:41 am

Tried every Friday or Saturday night from now through Sept24 (end date of promo) - and got the $118/nt rate as the lowest on each occasion.

Not a bad deal for this hotel, but not $18/nt either.
Old Jul 14, 09, 12:04 pm

Programs: Continental Silver, Amtrak Select Plus
I can't find any nights with the $18 rate.
Old Jul 14, 09, 12:51 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Lots of dates with the $118 rate, nothing less. I would have considered a mileage run and some good chowda at $18...
Old Jul 14, 09, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz whatever they call it
i got the $18 rate for August 12th. hoping to head into town for a Sox game on the 13th but i may have to cancel...worth a $20 risk
Old Jul 14, 09, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cjdesmond View Post
Not a crash per se, but after I clicked through at exactly 1:18 and managed to find a weekend with available rooms at the lower price, I entered my information only to be told that there was an error processing my reservation and could I please try again. Tried a few times with the same result, gave up, started over, and all of the cheap rooms were gone. Grr...
Same exact thing happened to me.
Old Jul 14, 09, 3:28 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond
The exact same thing happened to me.... I had booked 3 nights... got the $18 rate.... but after putting in my contact and billing info, clicked "Book Reservation" and then got the error.

Very frustrating.

Originally Posted by cjdesmond View Post
Old Jul 14, 09, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
The exact same thing happened to me.... I had booked 3 nights... got the $18 rate.... but after putting in my contact and billing info, clicked "Book Reservation" and then got the error.

Very frustrating.
And yet one more. Same thing happened to me. AND to a friend of mine as we were both working the website at about 1:19 or so. (It was open at 1:18 EST, no delay but we did have to enter the site again to "clear it" more or less.) My friend snagged an $18 rate, for a weekend in August. Put in all her info to purchase and got booted out. I had an $18 rate, scrolled down to look at the few rooms and then when I went to purchase the rooms had changed to $118.

It was a good gimmick but I am wondering if they had about one or two rooms available per night, and that was that. At $118 for another ten bucks or so you can do better at some other BOS hotels.
Old Jul 14, 09, 9:46 pm

UPDATE: I had emailed the hotel via their website and included a screen shot that showed I had the rate held when the technical problem occured. Earlier tonite, I received a confirmation from the hotel of my three nights at the $18 rate.

So, I have to give the hotel credit... they followed through... but I did have the screen shot to prove that I had the rate.
Old Jul 14, 09, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

wharvey, that's good to know. I thought of saving a screen shot, but didn't. Lesson learned!
Old Jul 15, 09, 9:51 am

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...icleid=1184986

Search this Thread