Reload this Page >

(Expired) Expedia Refer-A-Friend promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Expired) Expedia Refer-A-Friend promo

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 5:53 am

When you say they are keyed to cards and e-mail addresses, does that mean the e-mail address of the new account has to match the e-mail address on the 20 voucher? Does it also mean an individual can't use the same card twice to purchase the hotel to recieve the 40 voucher?
Old May 22, 2009, 6:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
... The only reason to keep it here is to keep it a bit below the radar...
This was my thinking as well. Not too crazy about the 2-way soliciting, want to preserve the deal and preserve my thread. I'm torn.

Currently in CNS for OzFest VI.

====================

Last edited by boxo; May 22, 2009 at 5:40 pm
Old May 22, 2009, 11:21 pm

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Just a word of warning: the voucher codes really are "one time only" ie if you make a mistake in the booking process and have to go back and start again, your voucher is counted as used already, even if you didin't get to the end of the booking process and didn't pay anything.
Old May 23, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: A-Club PLT, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
cant use more than 1 cc

i used my 1st 40GBP voucher and all went ok, but now when entering the second voucher and entering my CC details again it states that the voucher is allready used, entering another CC: ok.
Seems like only 1 voucher per creditcard is allowed

Last edited by RonaldJ; May 23, 2009 at 9:58 am
Old May 23, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: Most of them...
Originally Posted by RonaldJ
i used my 1st 40GBP voucher and all went ok, but now when entering the second voucher and entering my CC details again it states that the voucher is allready used, entering another CC: ok.
Seems like only 1 voucher per creditcard is allowed
Are these vouchers' validity limited in time? I don't plan any immediate travel.

EDIT: found it already.

Last edited by Toli; May 23, 2009 at 12:03 pm
Old May 23, 2009, 11:37 am

The £40 off voucher discount applies to bookings you make on www.expedia.co.uk before 31 December 2009 for Expedia Special Rate hotel only or tailor make and save packages ( Expedia Special Rate hotel plus flight or car) for travel between 28 April 2009 and 31 March 2010.

Please note that expedia has the right to cancel of modify the use of the voucher at any moment....
Old May 23, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Not of a savings for moi

I received this cpn via email, and after entering it for the Sunroute Hotel in Tokyo for June, it was cheaper to book it thru orbitz than this site..which, even after applying the cpn, was like 100 buks more....
Old May 24, 2009, 2:04 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
It appears as though for each of the vouchers both the £20 off and the £40 off you can only a CC *once* for each type of voucher. So to maximise your savings you need a variety of pieces of plastic.

You can also only use one of each type of voucher per account, one £20 and one £40. If you try to use a second £40 off on an account where it's already been used it comes up with the "This voucher has already been used". In the used voucher codes in the "My Profile" the vouchers show up as "Refer a Friend" and "Refer a Friend 2"

I don't necessarily think voucher codes are tied to particular accounts, only to credit cards.

I'm quite happy with what I've managed so far on this promotion

-mrploddy
Old May 24, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Couple of issues encountered here....

1. Received two voucher codes.

2. Made a booking in Phnom Penh for one voucher.

3. Try to make a booking with the second voucher and it says it's already in use.

If I am not logged in, the discount initially applies, but when I log in, it says it is already in use. Moreover, looking at the vouchers page in my XP profile, it only shows that I have been issued one which has been used.

As for the credit card issue, I can understand only allowing one £20 code per credit card, but the £40's that are issued to the referrer should not have any card restrictions at all. Essentially, if that is the case, they're expecting someone to have 10 peices of plastic.

Last edited by Boddingtons; May 24, 2009 at 6:10 am
Old May 24, 2009, 1:34 pm

I had similar troubles and also received the message that the voucher had already been used after logging in.

However, I was eventually able to use several vouchers even after experiencing the "already used" message. I seemed to have this problem when I used IE... when I switched to firefox the voucher was processed normally and I was able to use it. Alternatively, I think you can still use IE but make sure that you are logged in before applying the voucher. For me, I waited a few hours after originally receiving the "already used" message and then was able to try the voucher again. I'm sure someone who's more tech savvy can explain what's going on here much better than I, but hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Couple of issues encountered here....

1. Received two voucher codes.

2. Made a booking in Phnom Penh for one voucher.

3. Try to make a booking with the second voucher and it says it's already in use.

If I am not logged in, the discount initially applies, but when I log in, it says it is already in use. Moreover, looking at the vouchers page in my XP profile, it only shows that I have been issued one which has been used.

As for the credit card issue, I can understand only allowing one £20 code per credit card, but the £40's that are issued to the referrer should not have any card restrictions at all. Essentially, if that is the case, they're expecting someone to have 10 peices of plastic.
Old May 24, 2009, 3:25 pm

Where u able to use the same creditcard on the same account, i can't manage this either on ie, firefox or any other browser.
Old May 24, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Essentially, if that is the case, they're expecting someone to have 10 peices of plastic.

And you don't?
With this promo everyone should order more amex cards (each card on the same account comes with a different last 4 digits)
Old May 24, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: AP, UA, AA
Originally Posted by RonaldJ
Where u able to use the same creditcard on the same account, i can't manage this either on ie, firefox or any other browser.
I used the same card on two nights at the same hotel (Hilton)..I booked one night and then about 30-45 minutes later I booked the other night.That was approx 12 days ago..My card has been charged and confirmation emails were received.
Old May 25, 2009, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul
I used the same card on two nights at the same hotel (Hilton)..I booked one night and then about 30-45 minutes later I booked the other night.That was approx 12 days ago..My card has been charged and confirmation emails were received.
Did you make both bookings with the same Expedia user account? When I try to use my second earned 40 GBP voucher I get the message "We're sorry, but our records show that this voucher has already been used" after my user account login whilst booking. I guess with a new user account there will be no problem but I haven't tried.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:01 am
Suspended

How long?

Hi, how long does this promo last?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.