IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hotels - Friends and Family Promotion [updated Jan 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
You need a special web-link from an IHG employee, and it still works. The information you need is in the IHG forum.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: Lufthansa-BA-Ethihad-Turkish Airlines-China Airlines-Oman Air - Hilton - Marriott...
ihg stay friends rate IC madrid

i just returned from interconti madrid where i stayed for 2 nights - booking was fine but they asked for voucher when i checked in ! i was prepered for that so no worrys - well the hotel seems a bit old fashioned, the gym was joke no sauna or even a shower, i would never pay regular rate at such a place esp. since competitors in 4* level offer more comfort and state of the art recreation facilitys like novotel or melia
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:29 pm

Have used the F&F rate twice now - once in New York (Holiday Inn Times Square for $109/night) and once in London Heathrow (a bargain at GBP 22.50). Was not asked for a voucher at either hotel, although I had it, just in case.

Many thanks to all for allowing us to use the offer.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:00 pm

I booked this rate for the Intercontinental Miami. I booked it in November and my stay was in December. I didn't notice but my Credit Card was never charged in advanced. Upon check-in my rate was a lot higher. I pulled out my reservation confirmation that states what my rate should be, she said this rate was meant to be paid in advance but it hadn't been charged on my Credit Card, therefor my rate was no longer valid since it wasn't paid in advance.

Anyway, 30 minutes later and a talk with the manager I finally got it figured out, however I'm unsure if I will use the rate again just incase.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
she said this rate was meant to be paid in advance but it hadn't been charged on my Credit Card, therefor my rate was no longer valid since it wasn't paid in advance.
Nonsense, as you know. This is an isolated incident, though. You provided your credit card number and agreed to pay at the time of booking; it is up to the hotel to decide when they wish to charge your card.

I wouldn't stay away from this rate for that reason. After all, the same thing could happen with any rate (an inept clerk making stuff up).
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: IHG, BA
Originally Posted by barbene
and once in London Heathrow (a bargain at GBP 22.50).

Which hotel was this?

That rate is unreal.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
Which hotel was this?

That rate is unreal.
My guess is Holiday Inn London Heathrow M4 J4 Hotel. Really cheap rates have been discussed for that hotel. Search the IHG forum for more info. It's not a great hotel, but it can be had for a very cheap rate at times.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Nonsense, as you know. This is an isolated incident, though. You provided your credit card number and agreed to pay at the time of booking; it is up to the hotel to decide when they wish to charge your card.

I wouldn't stay away from this rate for that reason. After all, the same thing could happen with any rate (an inept clerk making stuff up).
I have booked about 25 stays using this rate and so far about 25% of the hotels charge me before the stay starts (only 2 did so immediately, but that was towards the end of last year) and the rest upon check in. I have also found that the rate maybe non refundable (once charged) but can be cancelled without charge if the payment has not been deducted from your card yet. Mind you: not an official rule probably so don't bet on it.

So far they have asked for the voucher 0% of the time.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:27 pm

Just curious if anyone has used this to book rooms after December 31st and stayed successfully? I know the code still works but I don't know if each hotel can *see* when the reservation was made. I don't want to book a room only to get there and have the rate denied because it was used after the December 31st date. What do you think?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
The hotels can all see when the reservation was made, but as long as you have a reservation, your fine. No need to worry.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
December 31 is no longer the expiration date of the offer.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2 mill miler;UA Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
New Friends and Family Expiration Date

I apologize if this was mentioned explicitly earlier in the thread (my skimming didn't find it). I was wondering if there is now a new expiration date stated or announced for the Friends and Family rate, or is it just simply continuing to be bookable?

Thanks so much.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zenexplorer
I apologize if this was mentioned explicitly earlier in the thread (my skimming didn't find it). I was wondering if there is now a new expiration date stated or announced for the Friends and Family rate, or is it just simply continuing to be bookable?

Thanks so much.
The expiration date has been removed. The promotion has been extended indefinitely. It may, of course, be terminated at any time (for new bookings).
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:55 am
Suspended

Can anyone tell me the price of Intercontinental Phnom Penh's friend and family rate in august??

Or Intercontinental Hanoi's friend and family rate in july?

Would be highly appreciated!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danishtraveller
Can anyone tell me the price of Intercontinental Phnom Penh's friend and family rate in august??

Or Intercontinental Hanoi's friend and family rate in july?

Would be highly appreciated!
Why not just look it up yourself? Every night and room type could have different rates and availability anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.