Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by rkaradi
I will do that, thanks. Any idea why I didn't get an error message when I made the reservations?

Thanx
The reason is because Fairmont's online reservation system isn't the greatest. There are some who have gotten away with a reservation without a booker ID but just to be safe and not to worry about questions when checking-in or anything like that, it's best to have one
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kell113
you need a book ID. you enter it the same page you would your credit card. you need to put your credit card in as well....but they do not charge a deposit. rebook room.
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
The reason is because Fairmont's online reservation system isn't the greatest. There are some who have gotten away with a reservation without a booker ID but just to be safe and not to worry about questions when checking-in or anything like that, it's best to have one
Thanks for the relpy you've got PM.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
The reason is because Fairmont's online reservation system isn't the greatest.
Ain't that the truth.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
the title indicates it's now good through 3/31/2010 ... I tried a few hotels and find nothing for Feb/Mar.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by cfischer
the title indicates it's now good through 3/31/2010 ... I tried a few hotels and find nothing for Feb/Mar.
It is subject to availability.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
As mentioned, subject to availability. Most hotels only up 30 days out. So you'd only be able to see through mid-January. Take some time to skim through this thread, you'll find the information.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 3:59 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:46 pm

Just a reminder to everyone not to share anyone's booker ID and personal information (including mine) or post it anywhere on the internet. There has been one report of a posting recently and it is being looked into and hopefully this post will be removed. Please don't ruin this promotion for everyone who is using it properly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Happy New Decade!
Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
Slightly OT but :
Which is the best Fairmont for skiing.
Probably early January.
The Fairmont Franz Klammer Lodge in Telluride, CO, has an outstanding location at the base of lift 4 in Mountain Village. It's a timeshare property that also rents rooms. It does sometimes offer NFAF rates, though probably not often during peak season.

All units are luxury 2 or 3-bedrooms with full kitchens, washer/dryer, gas fireplace, ski valet, Jacuzzi tubs, and complimentary shuttle to/from the Telluride or Montrose airport (or free parking). An excellent staff. During our trip, the shuttle driver from the MTJ airport even offered to take us to a local Montrose grocery for shopping before continuing to Telluride (where the grocery prices were double that of normal places).

I can't strongly recommend Banff or Lake Louise in January due to the risk of extremely cold weather. Someone else may feel differently, but when I was there one February, we woke up to -25 F temps one morning. Great skiing at Lake Louise and Sunshine Village, though.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by sc flier
The Fairmont Franz Klammer Lodge in Telluride, CO, has an outstanding location at the base of lift 4 in Mountain Village.
We stayed there over July 4th weekend (which was peak for the summer) and were able to take advantage of a great rate. The property is beautiful and the scenery is even more stunning. Can't wait to visit again soon!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC SE
for the Teluride property have you had success using the NFAF promo? I have tried but have not been able to find suitable dates.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Got a great F&F rate for my time in SIN for the SIN DO.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 5:34 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
for the Teluride property have you had success using the NFAF promo? I have tried but have not been able to find suitable dates.
I do not see any availability right now, but they had NFAF availability in the early December ski season and back during the summer.

I do see NFAF availability at the Fairmont Whistler in January and right before the Olympics start. For example, Feb 7-11.

Last edited by sc flier; Dec 31, 2009 at 5:48 am
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:52 am

I was happy to hear the promo has been extended as we were looking to book at the Fairmont Turnberry in Miami for March 20th. The rates were unavailable online so I called direct and was told that the Turnberry would not have the NFAF rate available because March is the busy season in Miami. She said I could keep checking online in case some rooms were released closer to the date but she wasn't very encouraging. I was really hoping to stay there, but at the regular rate of $459 per night, it's way over my budget. Oh well, guess I'll book a backup and keep checking in the meantime. Happy travels everyone!

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 2, 2010 at 8:33 am Reason: removed NFAF rate info
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:56 pm

Just returned from Fairmont Mayakoba in Mexico, and NFAF worked like a charm. Many thanks to nyx.t2t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.