[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Silvercity
I stay in Vancouver 20 times year..Always a suite at the Sutton Place Hotel and its by far the very best in Vancouver for service and location. All that and under $200.
Thanks for the tip.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:44 pm

Thanks to nyx.t2t - Fairmont in Chicago

Three nights at the Fairmont in Chicago, great rate, no questions or comments about Friends and Family rate. Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:33 am

Blackout Dates?

Trying to book NYC Plaza for Dec 5-6 and Chicago for Oct 29-30 and keep coming up with the message for both hotels:

"We could not find rate offers to meet your specific preferences. Alternate rates for your requested dates are displayed below."

Then it displays regular nightly room rates.

Read through this thread and couldn't find too many people having any problems with this... Are there blackout dates or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I think they may have reserved a particular quota for this 'promotion' at the more high end properties and we are nearing the end of the year...

I want to abuse this thread to compliment the CSD of the Fairmont group. I received my goodies pack with discounts and suites upgrades but I could not use them before they expired. After one email and with a big virtual smile they extended their validity with 3 (!) months so I can use them during my world trip. Excellent customer service. Almost as good as the reps from Fairmont on this forum...

Fairmont did themselves a favour with this initiative. Made a loyal customer out of me for one.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by nbmplano
Trying to book NYC Plaza for Dec 5-6 and Chicago for Oct 29-30 and keep coming up with the message for both hotels:

"We could not find rate offers to meet your specific preferences. Alternate rates for your requested dates are displayed below."

Read through this thread and couldn't find too many people having any problems with this... Are there blackout dates or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
IT is subject to availability.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
This message has been coming up more frequently now that the end of the promotion is just a few months away. Everyone is scrambling to book whatever's left over for the remainder of the year. I could imagine there isn't too much left to book at the more popular hotels. Keep trying as rooms DO open up from cancellations and perhaps the hotels might open up another block for this promotion as well.

Originally Posted by nbmplano

Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:23 pm

big thanks to nyx - currently sitting in fairmont queen elizabeth, absolutely no questions at all.

here for a few more days before heading to fairmont frontenac in quebec city - our fairmont experience so far as been absolutely exceptional, so much so we're about to book a few more earlier next month in alberta and bc.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
This message has been coming up more frequently now that the end of the promotion is just a few months away. Everyone is scrambling to book whatever's left over for the remainder of the year. I could imagine there isn't too much left to book at the more popular hotels. Keep trying as rooms DO open up from cancellations and perhaps the hotels might open up another block for this promotion as well.
I have updated the initial post, cleaning it up and adding subject to availability at the top.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:04 am

My thanks to nyx.t2t for the Booker ID. We've returned from outstanding stays at the Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver and the Jasper Park Lodge. Without the NFAF the stays would not have been possible.

Fairmont Gold at the Waterfront was well worth the price, which was not significantly higher than the non-Gold during our stay, even for the waterfront room.

Jasper Park Lodge was a terrific lodge experience, and gave us a true feel for the more traditional park hotel. The setting, staff and service were all first-rate.

As so many others have already said, your generosity with the Booker ID is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
F&F rate brought FM in Kenya down to unbelievable rate.

Thanks!

Last edited by MileageAddict; Oct 26, 2009 at 1:01 am
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:41 am

Thank you!!! We had a great stay in Boston's Copley Plaza Fairmont (Beautiful place!!)
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:51 pm

Talking chicago

My husband had a great stay at the Fairmont Chicago. 1 bedroom suite with full park views on the 26th floor! They upgraded his view.

He left then rechecked in and i had him booked in a reg room but with the option of an E-upgrade at check-in if available for very little more to a suite again. He got the suite at a SWEET price!
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Just had a nice two night stay at the Fairmont Chicago Millenium Park. Were upgraded to a 1 BR suite, even though the hotel was full.

Parking WAS SICK $$, 51.00$ a night, I think that beats NYC.
Bfast was pretty $$, and then service charge of 3$, is PER PERSON which I have never seen. (must be for the extra glass, knife and fork) Plus of course the 19% serivce/delivery charge. It wasn't that great a bfast, but nothing compares to the Ojai Valley inn room service bfast - so nothing really can compare.

Bed was nice, bathroom was large. Hotel seemed like it was trying to be a W or something, without the purple.

Nice stay and of course GREAT rate! Thanks nyt. and all others.

Staying at the Boston Copley Plaza on Weds and Thurs night, needed a MR and a meeting at Harvard.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: ACE50k,HHSilver, BW Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EE, Accor, IHG, SPG, Choice, Hertz#1Gold
MTL

Forgot to come back and tell nyx Thank You for your help in securing a really great deal at the Queen Elizabeth in MTL..

The room we got was so-so.
The girl at the reception told us that they put us in a new renovated room.
It was so renovated that it got spider webs in the top of the windows..
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:25 am

Newbie here,great forum by the way.......
Quick question,
using this promo code NFAF,the fact that I would be using gift certificates,would that make a difference in using this code.......
Also,just wanted to confirm that this code is all thats needed,no employee #(would this be considered the IATA code)????????......

Thanx in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.