Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Jul 11, 2009, 9:03 pm

Thanks nyx.t2t
We've enjoyed a whole bunch of fairmont's this year thanks to you!
I must admit though that i have a few favourites and a few that, as much as I'm glad i got to stay at them, i'll probably not go back to.
So far this year:
Montreal, Ottawa, Chicago, Seattle and San Francisco
not sure if we'll go to any more but it would be fun.

Ottawa and montreal are showing their age. There was even a massive hole in the ceiling in the hallway outside our room in ottawa with coolant or something dripping into a massive plastic bin all day/night.

chicago was very nice but not a classic fairmont, very pretty modern hotel

seattle was very nice and is my second fav, but they need better beds. Nice room, nice lobby, great location, nice health club etc etc.

the best: San Francisco - the only con is that its located on the top of a huge hill, though i suppose we could have taken a cab instead of walking
San Fran has the most beautiful lobby, the rooms are nice, the bathrooms seem newer and the beds are wonderful (i'm not usually picky when it comes to bed, but i have noticed that all the fairmonts except san fran and chicago have really springy - and i'm assuming old - beds)

thats just my 2 cents
thanks again for the discount!

edit: one caveat i forgot - remember to keep the bathroom door closed at the san francisco hotel when showering, this may seem like common sense but with no extractor fan i thought it was ok, turns out the smoke detector is rather sensitive!

Last edited by RockoHorse; Jul 11, 2009 at 9:22 pm Reason: forgot something
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:11 am

Programs: UA1P/SPG
i have just found this section of flyertalk. thank you for the wonderful deal!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

nyx.t2t all I can say is Thank You a Million Times!

I had such a wonderful stay at the Fairmont Singapore.

Great room with a great view on the 15th floor of the South Tower, everything was good I had quite a nice time.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Glad to help! I've only heard great things about this property. Nice to hear everything went well with your stay

Originally Posted by CDG1

I had such a wonderful stay at the Fairmont Singapore.

Great room with a great view on the 15th floor of the South Tower, everything was good I had quite a nice time.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:51 pm

Booker ID # Req'd ASAP Please

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Being bombarded with all your messages and I'm loving it! I enjoy replying to each and everyone one of them as soon as I can (usually within no more than a few hours) Keep them coming!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
FlyerTalk is a community forum. For all those new to FT, please spend a moment to read through this thread. You will find what you need or what you need to do to get what you're looking for. If you would like some help, please put in some effort.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: Gate Lice, Credit Card Cattle
Originally Posted by CDG1
I concur. Had a great time @ Fairmont Chteau Laurier, Ottawa.

Thank you again, nyx.t2t
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:46 am

Fairmont at Banff Springs

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Fairmont in Banff Springs using the NFAF code. It was one of the most enjoyable times of my life! Banff is amazing! I highly recommend the Icefields Parkway! You must travel on this and go see Peyto Lake and Miscaya Canyon! The canyon was my favorite part! Amazing! We went white water rafting with Wild Water Adventures and had a great time! Great rapids and well run company. We did the afternoon white water exciter.

As for the hotel, we were upgraded to a king size standard valley room (just a basic room with valley view, not mountain view). That was nice. I would definitely stay here again, but only at the NFAF rate. This hotel is not worth the rack rate of $300-$400/night. The rooms at the Ramada Inn are more updated than these rooms. The size of the rooms didn't bother me (very small bathroom), but to have cathode ray tube TV's and old matresses and beat up looking walls? I would expect much more for hundreds of dollars per night. I told the hotel when I checked out about my opinion and they told me that they get that reaction a lot and hopefully will be updating the rooms soon. Don't get me wrong, we loved the hotel and thoroghly enjoyed the spa! Best spa I have ever seen (but then again I usually don't go to spas ) If you are going to eat in the hotel (and don't want to spend a fortune), eat at the Rundle Lounge and sit near the window. It wasn't cheap ($18/meal) but the ham and brie sandwich was amazing!

I'm telling everyone that if they want to plan a vacation, go to BANFF!!!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, SPG, Accor, President's Club
San Francisco Ghirardelli Heritage

Thanks nyx.t2t for a wonderful opportunity.

Just finished 2 nights at the Ghirardelli, which was the most enjoyable 5 star experience I've had at any property Stateside. We would never have stayed at the regular rate, nor would we have given the local wine store, chocolatier or restaurants so much money. Not to mention the generous staff tips.

Free upgrade to 2 bedroom city view (bring earplugs as the traffic noise from outside can get annoying at 6am weekdays) without being asked, and not a whisper about our NFAF rate. The apartments are superbly outiftted, the beds as comfortable as our one at home, and as President's Club Members we of course enjoyed excellent free breakfasts, free wirless internet and all newspapers each day.

And that Maserati towncar - nice! I know you didn't organise this part, but we enjoyed 2 totally clear, warm sunny & fog-free days as well.

Again, thank you for this offer to the forum members. I highly recommend the Ghirardelli to others going to SF in the next 90 days.

Last edited by candyflip; Jul 15, 2009 at 3:15 pm
Old Jul 15, 2009, 2:07 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
It would be really helpful if posters could also remember to post their hotel experiences and reviews to the thread in the Fairmont Forum as well as in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...ew-thread.html

We have lots of experiences at many properties coming because of this promo, but I'm concerned that the great feedback will get lost in this thread once the promo is over.

It may be good to remember to check and compare other rates when looking at NFAF ones. My last two stays, the NFAF rate was among the highest of the different prices I checked. I prefer to use the NFAF rate, because friends of mine earn money too, but will choose the AAA rate, for instance, if it's cheaper.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
hard to find availability?

is it getting harder to find availability now? I just checked that Fairmont in Ghirardelli Square (based on the previous post regarding how great it is) for Sept 22-25th and NFAF gave me nada hehehe..

Wouldve worked out great with that UAL mileage sale (20K miles for coach ticket)
Old Jul 15, 2009, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
is it getting harder to find availability now? I just checked that Fairmont in Ghirardelli Square (based on the previous post regarding how great it is) for Sept 22-25th and NFAF gave me nada hehehe..

Wouldve worked out great with that UAL mileage sale (20K miles for coach ticket)
I have been noticing that for some Fairmont properties, when you choose the bed type and rate type it says they don't have anything available (no matter what bed type or rate type you choose). If you leave those unselected, then it works. For those of you who get no availability, give that a try... it MIGHT work.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Singapore booked for 2 seperate stays within a week thanks to nyx.t2t!
Appreciate the advice on this and I will feedback on this thread plus the Fairmont Forum. Reading 74 pages of this has been a heck of a journey but worthwhile.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Many thanks to edmonton2001 (and nyx.t2t) for sharing their booker IDs, was very much appreciated!
glad to help!

keep these personal bookings coming!

for those travel agents out there, please dont use the FAF promotion for your clients and try to claim a commision and FairmontFamous points off of these. not cool... its going to ruin the program for us all...
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
glad to help!

keep these personal bookings coming!

for those travel agents out there, please dont use the FAF promotion for your clients and try to claim a commision and FairmontFamous points off of these. not cool... its going to ruin the program for us all...
Agreed. Actually giving your booker ID code to a travel agent or someone in a similar position is against the terms of this promotion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.