[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:44 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
It's funny because our hotel has a few big boxes full of cell phone chargers left in rooms and that were no claimed. I'm sure they could easily find one that works for your phone if you requested one. Funny that they're making $25 off of it (assuming it's not in it's original packaging).
Old Jun 26, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
Originally Posted by edmonton2001
did the plaza charge you $25 for a cell phone charger? did it come in original packaging? was it a special/rare cell phone?
I have a Blackberry Storm. To give them credit, the concierge tried to charge it using his charger but it wouldn't fit. They offered to run out and purchase one for the cost of the charger + a $25 "runner's fee." After thinking about it (who was going to find a charger at 8PM on a Sunday night, even in NYC?) I ended up shutting off my phone until later the next day in order to conserve the 1 bar of battery I had left.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:13 am

Just came back from the plaza! Service was great, anything I had asked for I got it in a timely fashion. The butler was by far the nicest guy I've met at any hotel. Turn down service was really nice with complimentary Fiji water. One thing I didn't like was their touch panel; though very easy to use, it just didn't work, like changing channels I'd have to press 5 times for it to work. Overall the room was nicely put, I really liked how the bathroom was done with the glass doors for the toilet and the shower. The location was also perfect for what I was there for so thumbs up on this one!

FYI it seems like the NFAF rate has disappeared for the plaza i just checked for a few weekends in the next 2 months and it doesn't work anymore.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by turtle911
Just came back from the plaza! Service was great, anything I had asked for I got it in a timely fashion. The butler was by far the nicest guy I've met at any hotel. Turn down service was really nice with complimentary Fiji water. One thing I didn't like was their touch panel; though very easy to use, it just didn't work, like changing channels I'd have to press 5 times for it to work. Overall the room was nicely put, I really liked how the bathroom was done with the glass doors for the toilet and the shower. The location was also perfect for what I was there for so thumbs up on this one!

FYI it seems like the NFAF rate has disappeared for the plaza i just checked for a few weekends in the next 2 months and it doesn't work anymore.
Glad to hear about your wonderful experience! The NFAF not being there could just mean it has been all booked up.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 4:18 pm

Can I have someone check in on my behalf? Would I have to call Fairmont to let them know?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by sciguy0504
I have a Blackberry Storm. To give them credit, the concierge tried to charge it using his charger but it wouldn't fit. They offered to run out and purchase one for the cost of the charger + a $25 "runner's fee." After thinking about it (who was going to find a charger at 8PM on a Sunday night, even in NYC?) I ended up shutting off my phone until later the next day in order to conserve the 1 bar of battery I had left.
thats understandable. cause even though the plaza just opened, i know they have a box of lost and found cell phone chargers. and the storm does have that ultra thin usb instead of the standard mini usb. give it some time before the hotels get stocked up with bb storm chargers...
Old Jun 27, 2009, 4:29 pm

Thank you nyx.t2t for your generous and very helpful information for my stay yesterday at Fairmont Royal York. ^
Old Jun 27, 2009, 6:54 pm

You're very welcome!

Originally Posted by asdisme
Thank you nyx.t2t for your generous and very helpful information for my stay yesterday at Fairmont Royal York. ^
Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by turtle911
Can I have someone check in on my behalf? Would I have to call Fairmont to let them know?
The Plaza seems to be busy or closed for FAF on Saturdays but many of the Fridays are still availible...

have fun!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 11:08 pm

Are you answering the right question here? I think turtle911 is asking if HE has to be the one to check-in.

Anyway, I believe you can authorize it or even register a different name to the room so they can check-in.

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
The Plaza seems to be busy or closed for FAF on Saturdays but many of the Fridays are still availible...

have fun!
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
My Plaza stay (3 days) is starting this Thursday, thanks to nyx.t2t! Very much looking forward to it. Hopefully my weather luck will remain and I will free New York from the rains.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 5:26 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Mgu001
Hi, First of all, lemme thank for the lovely post indeed. can't believe i went though most of it reading in the past hour or so...
I'm planning a trip to banff/jasper area in Alberta. I have 6-7 nights at my discretion and I'm wondering how many nights should i spend at which location. I wanna see Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. Any recommendations on how I should divide the nights between these destinations based on the amount of local locations to enjoy.
Banff and Lake Louise are pretty close to each other, so maybe I can stay at either of those locations...
Any suggestions???

I'm also spending a few days travelling to Drumheller, Dinosaur Park, Writing on Stone and Waterton.

I'm even more excited after seeing this post
MG.
We just got back from a similar itinerary.. spent 2 nts Banff, 2 nts Lake Louise, 1 nt Calgary. We also visited Drumheller but not Dinosaur Park. We didn't go all the way up to Jasper (just the Icefields Centre) so can't comment on that, but 2 nights in Banff/LL was sufficient.

In terms of local attractions, Banff had the most on offer close by. With Lake Louise you can walk around the lake go over to Yoho Park in BC or Moraine Lake.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:59 pm

My first post on this board. Looking to go to the Big Island and would appreciate receiving a Booker ID code. Please message me. Cheers and Aloha.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:10 am

Fairmont Booker ID

Pm'ed you!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:20 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
no luck for DC

amazing...i put in the dates for Oct 30th - November 1st..and no go on the NFAF code...

Am I doing something wrong or is this to be expected?
We could not find rate offers to meet your specific preferences. Alternate rates for your requested dates are displayed below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.