[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Just a quick reminder to people who are new to this promotion. I have still be getting PMs with a bit of confusion on how to get the special rates. Please follow the steps carefully in the original post of this thread. There are two codes you are supposed to enter to get the special rates. First NFAF in the promotional code box when selecting the hotel and dates, and then the booker ID on the third page of the reservation process to confirm that you got the promotional code from a friend/family member.

Cheers
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:31 pm

Just came back from the Royal York, it was an okay experience nothing too exceptional. On our way to The Plaza next week, really looking forward to it. For anyone who's been there if you could give any tips or suggestions on any restaurants, services, or even room requests since we booked the plaza room.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SWA, Hilton Gold
Thanks for this posting nyx.t2t! Yours is the first tip I've tried. I got $169/night at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, Bermuda in July. Now, if we can just keep all hurricanes away, it'll be a great vacation!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Africa Fairmonts

I successfully used the NFAF rate at the Fairmont Mara Club in Masai Mara, Kenya and Fairmont Zanzibar, Tanzania without any issues. The Mara Club contacted me about the Fairmont employee information about a month prior to arrival. The Mara Club is an awesome place. However the Zanzibar location is not very desirable and I am not sure it is fitting to be a Fairmont.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
Originally Posted by turtle911
Just came back from the Royal York, it was an okay experience nothing too exceptional. On our way to The Plaza next week, really looking forward to it. For anyone who's been there if you could give any tips or suggestions on any restaurants, services, or even room requests since we booked the plaza room.
Definitely book the complimentary coffee/tea service from the butler. Turn-down service is also nice with complementary Fiji water. I don't think anything is off limits, honestly. I lost my cell phone charger when I stayed in May and they offered to get me one for a $25 fee. I am staying there in July and I am currently trying to arrange a picnic in Central Park through the hotel.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 5:52 pm

Cool

Hi, First of all, lemme thank for the lovely post indeed. can't believe i went though most of it reading in the past hour or so...
I'm planning a trip to banff/jasper area in Alberta. I have 6-7 nights at my discretion and I'm wondering how many nights should i spend at which location. I wanna see Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. Any recommendations on how I should divide the nights between these destinations based on the amount of local locations to enjoy.
Banff and Lake Louise are pretty close to each other, so maybe I can stay at either of those locations...
Any suggestions???

I'm also spending a few days travelling to Drumheller, Dinosaur Park, Writing on Stone and Waterton.

I'm even more excited after seeing this post
MG.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Mgu001
Hi, First of all, lemme thank for the lovely post indeed. can't believe i went though most of it reading in the past hour or so...
I'm planning a trip to banff/jasper area in Alberta. I have 6-7 nights at my discretion and I'm wondering how many nights should i spend at which location. I wanna see Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. Any recommendations on how I should divide the nights between these destinations based on the amount of local locations to enjoy.
Banff and Lake Louise are pretty close to each other, so maybe I can stay at either of those locations...
Any suggestions???

I'm also spending a few days travelling to Drumheller, Dinosaur Park, Writing on Stone and Waterton.

I'm even more excited after seeing this post
MG.

Hey MG,

It really depends what you want out of your trip. Do you have any status with Fairmont? If so, theres some great 2 4 1 golf passes included at Fairmonts (with a stay).

Here's my take:

Banff Springs - obviously the most beautiful, old style, and historic hotel of the three. Its obvious benefits are the history of the building, and its proximity to Banff. If you are really excited to see Banff, shopping, eating (great food), etc... then I suggest you spend more time at Banff Springs. Banff has some amazing restaurants (May I recommend The Grizzly House in Banff. Order the Alberta Fondue on hot rock, includes Elk, Venisen, Beef and Bison. Banff also has the most touristy things to do around it. Keep in mind at the banff springs, you are paying for the hotel, not the room. The rooms can be small, but you can spend hours exploring the hotel.

Louise - this is the most majestic hotel by far. PLEASE spend the extra $50 and get a lakeview room. It is worth it. You can spend hours staring out the window. You are much more secluded out here. Most decent places to eat are in the hotel. However, you are much further from the hustle and bustle of Banff, and there are some great hikes, and the walk around the lake is quite beautiful.

Jasper - I LOVE JPL. In fact, it is my favorite Alberta Fairmont. However, if you did a poll, I bet that would not be the most common answer. I like it because it isn't Banff. It is SIGNIFICANTLY less busy than Banff. However, JPL is not a castle like hotel. It is a huge complex with cabins. Some of the cabins are newly renovated, some are a little older, but in my opinion, all of them are quiet and quaint and just an incredibly relaxing experience. The main lodge is incredible. You can sit in the lounge beside a HUGE double sided wood fireplace and enjoy drinks and food in a beautiful setting overlooking the lake. There are also 2 BEAUTIFUL lakes on the property that you can canoe, kayak or walk around. Additionally, the town of jasper has some great food (I suggest Jack's Grill - tiny little restaurant with an amazing chef). The hikes in Jasper are AMAZING. You can do a hike for hours without seeing another person, which is always very nice. The parks Canada center in town can suggest some great ones. I suggest you go to the Morro Flatts entrance (ask where it is), and hike to the peak. It is about a 2 hour hike, but it is intense, so only if you are in shape.

Make sure that you do the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper through the Icefields Parkway. It is one of the most beautiful drives in the world. Take it slow, stop frequently, and breathe the air.

Also, it would be VERY wise to pick up a parks pass (annual) off of Ebay. Will save you tons from the gate price. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old Jun 24, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
the spa at Banff is much better than than at LL, one of their flaship spas, I've been going there nearly two decades now.

I would spend more time at banff, you can always communte to LL (I think there is even a shuttle) for hiking, biking etc.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Fairmont Singapore

Hi Everyone,

If anyone booked the Fairmont Singapore from July 1-3, could you please contact me ASAP? Thanks!

nyx.t2t
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Yikes...

I have a stay coming up soon in Jasper and upgraded with my Plat cert to a deluxe room (not planning to be in much). Couple of days ago it was upgraded to a Lakeview Jr. Suite and now upgraded to a Lakefront Suite, 550 ft, right on the lake. Sweet

Last edited by Altaflyer; Jun 24, 2009 at 9:57 pm Reason: Lakeview to Lakefront
Old Jun 24, 2009, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Yikes...

I have a stay coming up soon in Jasper and upgraded with my Plat cert to a deluxe room (not planning to be in much). Couple of days ago it was upgraded to a Lakeview Jr. Suite and now upgraded to a Lakeview Suite, 550 ft, right on the lake. Sweet
Lakeview suites are the BEST! Nothing like getting to maintain your own wood fire all evening long in your living room.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Fairmont Chicago is showing back up for the dates I need at a rate of $149. However, its only showing double beds available but their are single bed rooms available until BAR rates. Should I have any trouble getting a room with 1 bed when I arrive if I book the 2 bed room?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mctrees02
Fairmont Chicago is showing back up for the dates I need at a rate of $149. However, its only showing double beds available but their are single bed rooms available until BAR rates. Should I have any trouble getting a room with 1 bed when I arrive if I book the 2 bed room?
Book it online, call the FPC line, and ask to switch. Works for me nearly every time.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
I haven't been to the jasper hotel yet, but my brother in law is one of the chefs there.... it comes highly recommended!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by sciguy0504
Definitely book the complimentary coffee/tea service from the butler. Turn-down service is also nice with complementary Fiji water. I don't think anything is off limits, honestly. I lost my cell phone charger when I stayed in May and they offered to get me one for a $25 fee. I am staying there in July and I am currently trying to arrange a picnic in Central Park through the hotel.
did the plaza charge you $25 for a cell phone charger? did it come in original packaging? was it a special/rare cell phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.