Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by choptliva
Interesting. Seems pretty strange. Going with this "logic," shouldn't the friend or family be the person who book the room too then? Please do let us know how a different rep responds. My experience with Plat reps has been that those in the evening shift are really super good.

Just spoke with Kristen who was able to do the room u/g and apply the free night stay.

Amazing what 2 different phone calls can result in when asking the same question.

Last edited by acysb87; Jun 11, 2009 at 10:49 am
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by acysb87
Just spoke with Kristen who was able to do the room u/g and apply the free night stay.

Amazing what 2 different phone calls can result in when asking the same question.
yeah, I think the other person just goofed Glad to know it's all settled!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA, HH Gold
This is my first post to FlyerTalk, and I'd like to thank CANUCKFLYHIGH for the original post in April. I just returned from a three day stay at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston. I used the original booker ID number in my Friends and Family reservation. Check in was efficient and no one asked for any additional information. I had a wonderful 3 day stay and would love to obtain another Friends and Family ID for a future stay at another Fairmont.

I love this site! My friend, viajera, had told me about it awhile ago, so I have been reading various forums but hadn't joined until today.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
First of all, welcome to FT! And I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful stay in Boston I'll be glad to help with any future stays you have... just drop me a PM!

Originally Posted by LuckyLinda
This is my first post to FlyerTalk, and I'd like to thank CANUCKFLYHIGH for the original post in April. I just returned from a three day stay at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston. I used the original booker ID number in my Friends and Family reservation. Check in was efficient and no one asked for any additional information. I had a wonderful 3 day stay and would love to obtain another Friends and Family ID for a future stay at another Fairmont.

I love this site! My friend, viajera, had told me about it awhile ago, so I have been reading various forums but hadn't joined until today.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
Isn't that the FT way? If you don't get the answer you want, call back and speak to another CS rep?

Glad things worked out for you.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

nyx.t2t, I have just sent you a PM.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 1:10 pm

I am wondering if this is valid until Dec 31 09 and you are able to book 90 days in advance- I take it the NFAF rate actually ends Dec31? Meaning I cannot book in late November for Feb and get the NFAF rate?
Old Jun 13, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
The family and friends rates are always active but after December 31, 2009, it will go back to how it was before which means your friend or family member would actually have to get your info from you and make the reservation for you. This current offer is Fairmont's Travel, Win, Earn program where the rates have been lowered a bit more and employees actually get an incentive for referring their family and friends. They also created the NFAF code so the employee's family and friends can make their own reservations on the Fairmont website.

ANYWAY, the answer your question, the room nights MUST be consumed before December 31, 2009 for this specific offer. For anything after, you will have to know a Fairmont employee who you can trust with your personal and credit card information so they can make the reservations for you with the special family and friends rates.

I hope that helps...

Originally Posted by babsjvd
I am wondering if this is valid until Dec 31 09 and you are able to book 90 days in advance- I take it the NFAF rate actually ends Dec31? Meaning I cannot book in late November for Feb and get the NFAF rate?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
dumb question, and I appologize in advance, yes, I don't want to go back through the entire thread. :-)

Do these stays count as qualifying stays? My most recent one in Maui doesn't seem to show up as a qualifying stay.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nmenaker
dumb question, and I appologize in advance, yes, I don't want to go back through the entire thread. :-)

Do these stays count as qualifying stays? My most recent one in Maui doesn't seem to show up as a qualifying stay.
2 of my stays have posted from early June using the FF rate
Old Jun 14, 2009, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
After all the good things nyx.t2t has done for us I would trust you with my personal information for future bookings.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:29 pm

We are a larger than average family and would LOVE to get away later this summer. We've only stayed in a hotel once as a family and our kids have never flown!

We would love any ideas, codes, etc to help us out!

I've read most of this thread but can't seem to find a "booker code" that might give us a discount on a hotel.

We live in Ontario but would absolutely LOVE to get out to B.C. for a week at the end of August.

Any suggestions on how we can save ourselves some hard earned cash?!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, SPG, Accor, President's Club
Originally Posted by leopakes
We are a larger than average family and would LOVE to get away later this summer..... <SNIP>

Any suggestions on how we can save ourselves some hard earned cash?!
Some of the people posting in this thread have a footnote on their posts saying "PM me if you need a booker ID code." or similar. Simply click on their posting name (left hand side of their post, at top) and click 'private message'. Send them this Private Message (PM), and ask for a Booker code.

Good luck.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker

So far they have all shown up as qualifying stays. A phone call to FPC may resolve your Maui situation. Please do let us know how things turn out!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by leopakes
We are a larger than average family and would LOVE to get away later this summer. We've only stayed in a hotel once as a family and our kids have never flown!

We would love any ideas, codes, etc to help us out!
First, welcome to FT!

As candyflip has indicated, there are at least two individuals who have been most helpful and who will give you a booker ID number if you PM them.

To get to the Friends and Family rates (which is what this thread is all about), you type in NFAF in the promo code box when you check availability. Detailed instructions are in the First Post of the current thread.

You indicated an interest in BC, if so, you may find this thread of interest.

Have fun!

chop

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.