Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old May 26, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Another success with gratitude

Just got back from a great stay at Miramar - Santa Monica. Awesome rate considering the level of service and the location, this property rates much better than any Marriott and very close to most Ritz Carltons I've stayed at. No questions asked or problems with the rate - Thanks to the OP!!!!
Old May 26, 2009, 8:37 am

You can collect Airmiles through airmilesshops.ca. Just sign in there first and then select to go "shopping" at Fairmont and you'll get directed to their website to make a reservation. You'll earn one Airmile for every $20 you spend on your stay at any Fairmont property. It doesn't matter if it's a promotional rate or not.
I would have thought that the promotional nature of this rate would have meant it didn't earn airmiles, but I was wrong. I have the airmiles toolbar installed, which automatically routes me through they're portal, and I went back and looked at my statement. I received airmiles for the NFAF booking I made recently, so it does work. YMMV, obviously.

Michael
Old May 26, 2009, 8:59 am

Question

Originally Posted by SouthOxon
I have found a way of beating the ninety-day rule; first, make the reservation at the hotel for an arrival within the ninety days using code NFAF (don't forget the Booker ID!), then change the dates to those you actually want. It works!
Can someone please walk me through this process? I am unable to get it to work for me. I am interested in NFAF rates at the Fairmont in Miami for check in Dec 25, Check out Dec 31, 2009 2 adults, 2 children.

Thank you
Old May 26, 2009, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
That would quite a deal if you get the Airmiles too. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see those Airmiles though. Since the rate is already promotional and it was already referred to you by someone else. Doesn't hurt to try I guess though.
I can 100% confirm that you do get airmiles when booking through airmilesshops.ca

It works every time. In this case, Airmiles is giving away the miles, not Fairmont. Airmiles is rewarding you for shopping on the Fairmont website, so they do not care what rate code/promo you use, as long as the transaction is conducted through fairmont.com
Old May 26, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
early

Originally Posted by riu girl
Can someone please walk me through this process? I am unable to get it to work for me. I am interested in NFAF rates at the Fairmont in Miami for check in Dec 25, Check out Dec 31, 2009 2 adults, 2 children.

Thank you
you might be trying too FAR out. It should be a 90 day window forward looking. While some have been able to make reservations MUCH FARTHER out in the future, it isn't always guaranteed to work.
Old May 26, 2009, 11:32 am

Thanks for sharing this
Old May 26, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
Just returned from a successful stay in Singapore, at a greatly reduced rate, with no questions asked. Yet another reason why FlyerTalk rocks! ^
Old May 26, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bikenski
Just returned from a successful stay in Singapore, at a greatly reduced rate, with no questions asked. Yet another reason why FlyerTalk rocks! ^
Same here. Stayed at Fairmont Singapore as well last week. Great stay with a great rate!
Old May 26, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I can 100% confirm that you do get airmiles when booking through airmilesshops.ca

It works every time. In this case, Airmiles is giving away the miles, not Fairmont. Airmiles is rewarding you for shopping on the Fairmont website, so they do not care what rate code/promo you use, as long as the transaction is conducted through fairmont.com
That's a lot of airmiles!! I wish I could do that but I have to book through my fairmont website for myself
Old May 26, 2009, 4:43 pm

At the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess staying in a Gold Suite at the moment. Great staff from check in on, concierge and gold staff are wonderful as well. Nice breakfast spread similar to an upgraded Hilton Executive Lonuge except it's an honor bar versus free drinks.
Old May 26, 2009, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by riu girl

Thank you
1. Obtain a booker id from a Fairmont employee who is your friend or family member. This needs to be entered into the "Booker ID" field when booking the reservation.

2. Wait until 90 days before travel, as documented in the information provided

3. Choose a hotel and request the NFAF rate.
Old May 26, 2009, 6:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Just booked two nights at the Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston.

Thanks for all the information and comments in this thread - we are looking forward to our stay.

Brian
Old May 26, 2009, 6:29 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I think the only thing that was missing was the 90 day window and she wanted to know how to get around that like a few others have been.

Originally Posted by mvoight
1. Obtain a booker id from a Fairmont employee who is your friend or family member. This needs to be entered into the "Booker ID" field when booking the reservation.

2. Wait until 90 days before travel, as documented in the information provided

3. Choose a hotel and request the NFAF rate.
Old May 26, 2009, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I think the only thing that was missing was the 90 day window and she wanted to know how to get around that like a few others have been.
Hasn't been too hard to get around it for me in some cases as I was asking today for end Sept. for Canadian Rockies hotels and some showed NFAF pricing beyond the 90 day window.
Old May 26, 2009, 7:32 pm

Just stayed 2 days at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver and 1 day at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, no problem using the rate, no hassles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.