[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 1:00 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by newfbc
Hope someone didn't miss out on getting a room. :/

Ron.
Not likely. The place is pretty empty. BTW, just checked and I canceled the duplicate res on April 7.
Old May 6, 2009, 1:45 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by candyflip
Lesson 1: if you must change something, call the hotel direct, don't use the online booking system to do it.
Very good advice here. There system likes to take "edits" as brand new reservations and use the most current rate.

Originally Posted by lili
Not likely. The place is pretty empty. BTW, just checked and I canceled the duplicate res on April 7.
lol another example of their great online reservation system.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by sequitur
For some reason, up until July 25th the NFAF works for Seattle, but on the 26th, no dice! All dates in July are "high season", and I'm not even looking for the weekend, so I wonder why the disappointing results.

PS: tomorrow is the 'first Wednesday of the month" so the FPC (fairmont president's club) should have promotions available tomorrow morning.
You know that weekdays are much busier than weekends right? Hotels are much busier on weekdays (business), and the deals aren't as good (Demand is less elastic) (Example: Fairmont Palliser doesnt have NFAF weekdays, but has 109 a night weekends).
Old May 6, 2009, 10:29 am

I sent a pm to nyx.t2t and waiting for a confirmation of the promotional code. I would like to use it go to Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Welcome to FT, ajayachandran.

Member nyx.t2t is very responsive. You'll hear from him very soon.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:54 am

Thanks jbatl. Good to know.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
I have an upcoming stay, with an NFAF rate reservation I made using a booker ID from one of the Fairmont employees on here.

However, when I log into my profile on Fairmont's website to view my reservation details,.. I see the Booker ID field reads as "0000000001" -- does this change happen automatically?

I do have the employee's booker ID and details, which I will gladly provide to the hotel (again) upon request at check-in (as I want to make sure he earns his commission), but was just wondering if this change appears in everyone's profiles/reservations?

Last edited by jb831; May 6, 2009 at 12:55 pm
Old May 6, 2009, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by jb831
I have an upcoming stay, with an NFAF rate reservation I made using a booker ID from one of the Fairmont employees on here.

However, when I log into my profile on Fairmont's website to view my reservation details,.. I see the Booker ID field reads as "0000000001" -- does this change happen automatically?

I do have the employee's booker ID and details, which I will gladly provide to the hotel (again) upon request at check-in (as I want to make sure he earns his commission), but was just wondering if this change appears in everyone's profiles/reservations?
Don't worry about that, it's normal according to the Travel, Win, and Earn guys.
Old May 6, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Don't worry about that, it's normal according to the Travel, Win, and Earn guys.
Thanks, as always, for your help nyx.t2t!

Glad to hear it won't interfere with you gentlemen receiving your referral bonuses!
Old May 6, 2009, 9:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
You know that weekdays are much busier than weekends right? Hotels are much busier on weekdays (business), and the deals aren't as good (Demand is less elastic) (Example: Fairmont Palliser doesnt have NFAF weekdays, but has 109 a night weekends).
This concept is very true for city centre hotels. Resorts are the opposite. Weekends very busy and the weekdays are slower. So it all depends on where you are going.

have fun!
Old May 6, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Very good advice here. There system likes to take "edits" as brand new reservations and use the most current rate.

lol another example of their great online reservation system.

The reservation system is what it is...

Since only the original reservations need to be made online, if you need any changes just call the friendly people at the reservations centre in Moncton, NB.

They are always glad to help with your reservation without messing with it too much...
Old May 6, 2009, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
The reservation system is what it is... still a work in progress but it works. Since only the original reservations need to be made online, if you need any changes just call the friendly people at the reservations centre in Moncton, NB.
Just seems like it's always been a "work in progress". You would think they would eventually have a reservation system that is close to perfect, maybe with an occasional bug here or there. Nevertheless, don't make any reservation changes online if you don't want to lose your current rate
Old May 7, 2009, 12:39 am

Programs: Qantas FF, SPG, Accor, President's Club
I have just received an email confirmation from Reservations for our room in July - and they have upgraded us to a 2 bedroom Suite at the previous low rate!! I assume this is for the 3rd person I notified them of (See post #750 in this thread, one page back) and so they went ahead and gave us a larger lodging. No extra charge, no formalities.

If anyone is lurking this thread and still somehow thinks this is all a scam, or the rates are unobtainable - I pity you. You are missing out on some *insane action* here....

Thank you again to the OP, and the Fairmont staff in this thread for their help.
Old May 7, 2009, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by candyflip
I have just received an email confirmation from Reservations for our room in July - and they have upgraded us to a 2 bedroom Suite at the previous low rate!! I assume this is for the 3rd person I notified them of (See post #750 in this thread, one page back) and so they went ahead and gave us a larger lodging. No extra charge, no formalities.

If anyone is lurking this thread and still somehow thinks this is all a scam, or the rates are unobtainable - I pity you. You are missing out on some *insane action* here....

Thank you again to the OP, and the Fairmont staff in this thread for their help.
That's awesome! I hope I can squeeze out an upgrade when my girlfriend and I go to Kea Lani in October
Old May 7, 2009, 1:29 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Fairmont Victoria

Checked-out today. Check-in went without any question (no mention or question of booker ID etc - she just said that "you get a 10% discount on food & spa services on this Friends & Family rate").

Thanks to the OP and Fairmont employees for their help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.