Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
haha Thanks for the many requests. I actually requested my booker ID number today and got more details on the program. It's against our company's code of ethics if we post this on any online threads or travel sites. I am not going to fall into the same thing the original poster fell into. I will only be sharing with friends and family (that I already know). I think my job is more important than make some extra money on the side with these "referrals"... especially with how the economy is today.
No problem. That is entirely your decision. And welcome to FlyerTalk, by the way, in case nobody officially welcomed you!

As to legitimate friends, I thought the everyone in the World was now friends with one another with sites like Facebook, etc....
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
From my understanding of it, you can google those booker ID's, and use one of them, the employee is just not going to be paid out of it. Based on Fairmont's reaction this morning, they are not too concerned that this deal is being booked and talked about all over the internet, they just dont want to have to pay an employee 20 grand for it.
Makes sense....
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do I doubt that Fairmont has the ABILITY to stop bookings using the now "discredited" booking codes.

It sure sounds more logical (and easier) that they'll just stop giving the employees 10 bucks per transaction.

BTW, their online system is a mess. Has anyone else noticed that sometimes you can get a "friends and family" rate for multiple nights in a row, but if you try to book some of those nights individually, it says the rate is unavailable? I can't imagine a reason why, on a friends and family rate (much less one over a weekend), they would only accept longer stays. I think it's a technical snafu.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Exclamation

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
April 6, 2009 UPDATE: This rate also works for Swissotel and Ruffles Hotels.

Inside sources have verified that this promo is legit. That being said, they have canceled the booking ID's of employees who's ID's have made it onto internet forums, and issued them new ones to distribute to friends and family. It is recommended that you find a fairmont employee who will give you their booker ID privately, but it is now confirmed that this is legit.

I sourced this from the forums at RFD
It is an amazing deal, and am posting this with permission.

I see some AMAZING rates!!!

Dear OP

Is this "deal" legit?

I got the following e-mail from the hotel:

Dear Sir,

Further to your recent reservations for which we thank you, would you please advise us in which Hotel you are working as well as your position or your contact.

We thank you in advance for your answer and look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you.

Kind regards from Montreux.

xx yy
Reservations Agent

Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
Grand Rue 100
1820 Montreux

Tel +41 (0) 21 962-xxxx
Fax +41 (0) 21 962-xxxx

Email [email protected]
http://www.fairmont.com/

From rugged safaris to pristine beaches to cosmopolitan cities, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts offers four East Africa destinations that promise an unforgettable escape: Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi ; Fairmont Mara Safari Club; Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club; and Fairmont Zanzibar. Each envelops you in the finest of modern comforts, service and African culture.

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

What now?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by BEAV
No problem. That is entirely your decision. And welcome to FlyerTalk, by the way, in case nobody officially welcomed you!

As to legitimate friends, I thought the everyone in the World was now friends with one another with sites like Facebook, etc....
Searching Fairmont as an employer on facebook, and a kind Private Message to an employee explaining the situation could very well be a great way to get a Booker ID.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by nissan motor
Dear OP

Is this "deal" legit?

I got the following e-mail from the hotel:

What now?

Did you place a booker ID in the Booker ID section? If so, I guess this hotel would like to know the name of your contact (not consistent with ALL hotels, as I have a confirmed case from Friday night where no questions were asked). As I stated in the update, you will have to find someone to give you their booker ID and name.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Apr 6, 2009 at 12:33 pm
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
I double checked with the Fairmont Presidents' Club this morning on my "Friends & Family" rate and my reservations are good & will be honored. Will report back on the 4/10 after I check in @the Plaza, however I'm getting in late so might not post till next morning.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:10 pm

To be honest, I don't really know. But from my understanding and from what I've heard about codes in the past, it is quite possible you won't have it canceled at all and when you go in for your stay, you'll get charged the regular rate.
While that seems possible, I'm not sure how they would handle it in my particular situation, since I made exactly the type of booking they may be trying to incent. Its totally discretionary, extra travel. I live in Calgary, and booked a weekend stay at the Banff Springs, ~1 hour drive from my house. If I get there and they want to charge me ~350 instead of ~120, my reaction would be that I don't want the room at that price, and we'll hang around banff and then drive home, since the travel is totally an extra outside our normal vacations. But I would be after the 3 day cancellation policy. Any thoughts?

Michael
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
Originally Posted by bizaro86
While that seems possible, I'm not sure how they would handle it in my particular situation, since I made exactly the type of booking they may be trying to incent. Its totally discretionary, extra travel. I live in Calgary, and booked a weekend stay at the Banff Springs, ~1 hour drive from my house. If I get there and they want to charge me ~350 instead of ~120, my reaction would be that I don't want the room at that price, and we'll hang around banff and then drive home, since the travel is totally an extra outside our normal vacations. But I would be after the 3 day cancellation policy. Any thoughts?

Michael
If you added an employee number with the reservation,according to Fairmont it will be fine.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by jim5518
If you added an employee number with the reservation,according to Fairmont it will be fine.
You forgot to mention... has to be a VALID employee number that still works.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:32 pm

How do we know what is valid and what isn't?
I booked yesterday using the original booker ID - I see it has since been removed, but is my booking still okay on the basis that the ID was valid at the time of booking...?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I think we are going to know "what will work and what won't work" in the next few days. I think the earliest reservation is 4/8/09 for the plaza, there may be others earlier at different properties.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by pibrahim
How do we know what is valid and what isn't?
I booked yesterday using the original booker ID - I see it has since been removed, but is my booking still okay on the basis that the ID was valid at the time of booking...?
I'm sure Fairmont will honor the codes used before they were removed. But any new reservations made with it since it has been removed will not be honored even if the reservation goes through. As for a valid ID now, I guess you will just have to find a REAL friend or family member who works with Fairmont so you can be sure it's valid.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

According to a source at Fairmong, anything booked before 9 AM EST this morning with codes found on the internet this weekend will be honored.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Originally Posted by bizaro86

Michael
Most hotels I've stayed in, you don't get the bill and pay until the end of your stay, so make sure you ask what rate you're getting before you take your room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.